Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 6:10:27 PM EDT
So if this proposed bill goes into effect, what impact is it going to have on state weapons laws? Will it be anything like vehicle laws, where states have to accept other state's requirements? e.g. if you live in the fine state of Pennsylvania where standard capacity magazines are legal and you travel to say Maryland or New York where they are not legal, are you going to get into a bind with the law?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Dream on.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
usually the fed will give states the option of A) follow our law or B) lose $$ for something critical, like when they did the national speed limit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you provide a link to this information.  I hadn't heard about nationwide CCW.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Never gonna happen, don't worry about it
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link.

There are 2 bills in Congress about this!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If I had a dollar for every time that was said here about the AWB sunset....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take 5 dollars for each time.

VOTE FOR POLITICIANS THAT SUPPORT YOUR RIGHT TO CARRY CONCEALED!

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#8]
109th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 1243
To amend title 18 of the United States Code to provide for reciprocity in regard to the manner in which nonresidents of a State may carry certain concealed firearms in that State.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

March 10, 2005
Mr. HOSTETTLER (for himself, Mr. JONES of North Carolina, Mr. SESSIONS, Mr. WICKER, Mr. DOOLITTLE, Mr. WAMP, Mr. BURGESS, Mr. GOODE, Mr. SOUDER, Mr. GINGREY, Mr. PENCE, Mr. BARRETT of South Carolina, Mr. HALL, Mr. WILSON of South Carolina, Mr. CANNON, Mr. ADERHOLT, Mr. BARTLETT of Maryland, Mr. BRADLEY of New Hampshire, Mr. MCHENRY, Mr. FOLEY, Mrs. CUBIN, Mr. CANTOR, Mrs. MUSGRAVE, Mr. WESTMORELAND, Mr. BURTON of Indiana, Mr. OTTER, Mr. LEWIS of Kentucky, Ms. GINNY BROWN-WAITE of Florida, Mr. SODREL, and Mr. ALEXANDER) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL
To amend title 18 of the United States Code to provide for reciprocity in regard to the manner in which nonresidents of a State may carry certain concealed firearms in that State.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Act of 2005'.

SEC. 2. RECIPROCITY FOR THE CARRYING OF CERTAIN CONCEALED FIREARMS .

(a) In General- Chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after section 926A the following:

`Sec. 926D. Reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms

`Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof, a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, and is--

`(1) carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of any State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm; or

`(2) otherwise entitled to carry a concealed firearm in and pursuant to the law of the State of the person's residence,

may carry in any State a concealed firearm in accordance with the terms of the license or with the laws of the State of the person's residence, subject to the laws of the State in which the firearm is carried concerning specific types of locations in which firearms may not be carried.'.

(b) Clerical Amendment- The table of sections for chapter 44 of title 18 is amended by inserting after the item relating to section 926C the following:

`926D. Reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms .'.

SEC. 3. EFFECTIVE DATE.

The provisions of this Act and the amendments made by this Act shall take effect 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
usually the fed will give states the option of A) follow our law or B) lose $$ for something critical, like when they did the national speed limit.

I want my reasonable and prudent back
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#10]
You have to admit though this would have a struggle to pass the Senate.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Um, doesn't that bill say 2005?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#12]

As a native New Yorker (now in FL) I would just absolutely love to stick it to the idiot gungrabbers
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#13]
My House rep is a co-sponsor, you better believe I wrote to her about this. She's got my vote now.

Cool stuff.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Can't they just sneak it into a military spending bill?

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#15]
If it was that easy those Omnibus spending bills would be BAD things!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

id settle for a nickle and id still have lots of money
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:37:45 PM EDT
[#17]
We have to keep at it until we get it - PERIOD!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Um, doesn't that bill say 2005?

One session of congress last for two years. Any bills not acted on during that two year session then
 die and have to be resubmitted.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top