Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 3:13:00 PM EDT
So I'm sitting here watching Season 1 on DVD, and I've run across two real doozies.

I'm not talking about reversed films, or the German planes, or the 1960's carriers.

Nope.

In one episode, a Japanese radio transmission is coming in, and the translation subtitle says, "It's okay. There ours."

In another episode, as Pappy is trying to land on a carrier while sick with malaria, four of his pilots are waiting for him "on the deck". Thing is, they shot the shot too wide, and you can see that the mockup is resting on dry land off on the left side of the screen.

Sorry. Had to share.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
That entire series was one long blooper.  

Every time one of the BS Squadron vets are interviewed on TV (Discovery or Military channel), they go out of their way to make it clear that BBBS was bullshit.

COMBAT! was a much better show.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are gonna buy into a fantasy story...buy into it. It's just entertainment.

I once had a friend over and we were watching Star Trek. He made some comment about how Spock's ears were too pointy or something. I had to ask him if he believed that ANY OF THE GODDAMN SHOW WAS REAL! He's sitting there watching people beam around through space...but he draws the line at how pointy some aliens ears are! Amazing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That entire series was one long blooper.  

Every time one of the BS Squadron vets are interviewed on TV (Discovery or Military channel), they go out of their way to make it clear that BBBS was bullshit.

COMBAT! was a much better show.

But, it was the shit, when I was 8 or 9 years old.   Just seeing the Corsair's made my night.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ah, what the hell. It's fun!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
yup, I watched it with my dad as a kid, I loved the corsairs.  My dad was in VMA 214 in nam when they had A4 Skyhawks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top