Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/26/2006 2:27:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2006 2:30:44 PM EDT by MisterSuzuki]
Okay...here's my story. I was driving this past weekend in SoCal, and not sure if its just a Cali thing, but there's an Illegal/Legal/Whatever Alien selling oranges in a street corner, and about 5 feet away, another fellow holding a sign saying he's a Vietnam Vet (probably in his mid-late 40's) asking for a donation.

So who would get your money?

I for one, gave my money to the illegal.........mind you, I could care less about illegal immigration, but to me, at least he was making an effort to work.

The Vietnam Veteran..........those signs just don't cut it for me anymore, plus, over the past 6 months, see the same guy, sometimes with a Starbucks Coffee in the morning.

In the end.....illegal got mine, who would you have given it to? I should be a Mormon......and not donate to anyone at all, and just donate to my Church.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:29:55 PM EDT
I always ask them what unit they were with, they get this "oh shit look"

One girl told me she was US Army wounded in Iraq and she went to boot camp at Camp Pendalton
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:31:46 PM EDT
Buy the oranges from the one dude and give some to the vet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:31:49 PM EDT
I would have kept my money in my wallet since I earned it...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:33:41 PM EDT
most ppl standing holding signs are Lieing... They make better than minimum wage standing there pulling at the heart strings of the sheeple.

If he truly were I vet. then He'd get my donation. I don't trust a man standing at a corner holding a sign to be telling the truth.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:33:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Another_Dude:

+1, and don't forget to

DRAW DOWN
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:35:25 PM EDT
Did he have a humerous sign? If a beggers sign makes me chuckle I'll give them money.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:38:45 PM EDT
I like pie
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:41:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2006 2:52:12 PM EDT by clement]
Well if he was indeed in his mid to late 40's lets do some Math shal we.

Lets be generous and say he is 49.

Vietnam ended 1973 or 33 years ago, which means he would have been 15-16 years old if he went there at the end of the campaign.

Seeing as that is not likely, not only would I not give him a cent, I'd spit on him as I would go by. (but only if I was sure he wasn't quite a bit older)

I hate frauds more than illegals, especially frauds claiming to be vets, that's low, that's scum.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:44:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Followthehollow:
Did he have a humerous sign? If a beggers sign makes me chuckle I'll give them money.

you mean like this
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:45:03 PM EDT
Beat me to the math! LOL
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:18:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Master_of_Orion:

Originally Posted By Followthehollow:

img506.imageshack.us/img506/6017/vaderbeggar8bv.jpg

you mean like this

I'd give that dude like 10$
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:21:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MisterSuzuki:
I should be a Mormon......and not donate to anyone at all, and just donate to my Church.

Dude, what's with the rude comments?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:31:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Another_Dude:

Yea boyee!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:36:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By clement:
Well if he was indeed in his mid to late 40's lets do some Math shal we.

Lets be generous and say he is 49.

Vietnam ended 1973 or 33 years ago, which means he would have been 15-16 years old if he went there at the end of the campaign.

Seeing as that is not likely, not only would I not give him a cent, I'd spit on him as I would go by. (but only if I was sure he wasn't quite a bit older)

I hate frauds more than illegals, especially frauds claiming to be vets, that's low, that's scum.

The cleanup of Vietnam ran well into the beginning of 1975 (ending in April)...now to be fair, he could have been part of those Marine details...if so he woulda been 17-18, well within range.
Just trying to be fair.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:47:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Friendly_Sponge:

Originally Posted By MisterSuzuki:
I should be a Mormon......and not donate to anyone at all, and just donate to my Church.

Dude, what's with the rude comments?

Rude?

Hehe....by all means, no.

A pastor at the Mormon church said to a friend I was having this discussion about, and said that Mormons are NOT obligated to give or donate to anyone, as they already donate to the Mormon Church, and the Church will donate on their behalf.

That's what I meant......I should be a Mormon, but I'm Catholic......though sometimes, if I feel okay, I'll donate.....otherwise, I just keep my money, and buy 2 99c taco's from BK!
Top Top