Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 12:24:25 PM EDT
Id there any hassle with shipping AR parts overseas?  Mind you now, parts, not lower receivers or anything requiring an FFL.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone???
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Post your question on the hometown forums.  UK/Europe ought to be able to answer.

SRM
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Id there any hassle with shipping AR parts overseas?  Mind you now, parts, not lower receivers or anything requiring an FFL.

It doesn't matter - all gun parts fall under ITAR.  You need a permit from the State Dept. to export gun parts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Different countries have different import laws, and it can be EASY to break the law.

I wanted to send a couple of magazines to a guy in Denmark a few years ago, and it turns out that magazines (and kind) as well as any magazine parts, are illegal to import into Denmark unless you are a manufacturer with an import license.

Same goes for most gun parts.

So you'll need to look quite closely into the specific laws of the DESTINATION country, about what is legal to bring in, and what isn't.  Figuring it out (and not just taking someone's word for it) is usually very difficult, a giant headache, and not worth the hassle.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldnt even both, not worth the major hassle.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I wouldnt even both, not worth the major hassle.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Just label them as "airsoft" parts.

ITAR is UN bullshit, and I'm all for circumventing it in any way possible. Fuck the UN.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#8]
great,  just F'ing great.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Everything I read in ITAR say it applies to manufacturers of gun parts not individuals. Manufacturers must register their company with the State Department but no requirement for the average citizen.

Just make sure the receiving party can have the parts in the country they are in. There are some items like EOTECHs that are on a restricted list. An "End Users Certificate" needs to be approved before shipping the restricted parts overseas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top