Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 7:55:16 AM EDT
The Army's Return to a Classic Look
Those cheap-looking polyester Army dress greens are most likely headed for the trash heap. Gen. Peter Schoomaker, Army chief of staff, tells us that he "very much" backs a proposal aired last week in Army Times to favor the Army's dress blues as the only traditional uniform. "You might remember the blue uniform is our traditional uniform,"he says. The green dress uniform was adopted in 1954, but some soldiers think the polyester fabric makes it look cheap. Soldiers currently wear dress blues for ceremonial occasions, green for office work. "We don't need so many uniforms," the chief says.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Dupe.  

US Army might change Class A uniform from green to blue.
( Page:  2   3  )

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=437336
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]

I'm not a big fan of the Class A's at all.  Sure hate to have to go out and buy some Dress Blues, though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#3]
When I was in the Marines I advocated a Dress Blues and Cammies clothing issue. For this heresy I was condemned as a Shitbird.

Really though three uniforms (and we had two types of green Alphas, Winter and Summer weight) and it was really too much. Though our Forest Green Alphas were 10X the uniforms as the doggie green Class As. And, ours were individually tailored while the soldiers' were "off-the-rack"
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#4]
i think a good dupe rule of thumb is that if it something this big and military then its alreeady been posted.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#5]
DUPE
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#7]
About time. Greens are a joke.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
United Nations Blue???
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#9]
dupe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top