Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/26/2006 5:39:47 AM EDT
Well, the morning is a grand Sunday morning! Spent that night at my fiances house with friends of the family (they are leaving today so we stayed up bsing until early hours), and went to work a little later than usual since its Sunday with no traffic.

Hopped on I-75, saw a Trooper in the distance and slowed, made it past him... phew!

Hopped on I-595E, went over the rise in the highway, and as I was doing that I thought to myself "I should slow down for this, I've already seen a Trooper lurking around"

No sooner had I thought that, my little blue Ranger of doom appeared over the horizon like a speeding bullet (+p of course ) and I saw my executioner.

As soon as I saw the car, I saw my speed on the speedo, and I knew he was moving from the median for me. All in all...

Excessive speed, 91mph in a 65mph zone

And you know what, I could give a shit! I was wrong, and I got caught, I'm not pissed or angry at all, like most people are. My attorney is a cool guy, so I don't mind going to see him
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:40:54 AM EDT
What car were you driving?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:41:33 AM EDT
Blue Ford Ranger
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:46:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By w4klr:
Blue Ford Ranger

Well then, that's your out. Everyone knows the only way a Ranger is gonna hit them kinda speeds is if it's been dropped out the back of an airplane....

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:50:30 AM EDT
Last ticket I got I was thinking "Damn, I just worked the last 2 days for the state of WV". The owner of the company I worked for sponsors the State Police bass tournament and I run into a Trooper who doesn't fish.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:51:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:52:03 AM EDT
why bother with the attorney? Just nut up and pay the ticket
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:52:30 AM EDT
91 eh? I'm guessing you had your foot on the floor? Thats what most Ranger models are gov'd too..

At least your not complaining about how unfair the world is. But man I don't want to see what the bill is for that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:53:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NoVaGator:

Right... $75 for attorney fee, or $207 for ticket with points and amazing insurance spike
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:55:52 AM EDT

Right... $75 for attorney fee, or $207 for ticket with points and amazing insurance spike

Sounds like you'll probably wind up paying the $75 plus the $207.

(There are attorneys that work for $75?)
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:58:10 AM EDT

And you know what, I could give a shit! I was wrong, and I got caught, I'm not pissed or angry at all, like most people are. My attorney is a cool guy, so I don't mind going to see him

Taking resposnibility for ones actions??

That's not the ARFCOM way
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:59:35 AM EDT
Well....congratulations, I guess. I'm glad your happy! Oh, yeah.......how's your dog?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:05:15 AM EDT

Because then you get the points.
Most states will let you plead to a none moving violation if you pay more in fines.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:07:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2006 6:08:05 AM EDT by chips]

i've used a lawyer for two tickets, and i've got to say that it's the way to go.

most traffice lawyers around here charge less than the price of the ticket and they will get the ticket off your record. you'll usually get deffered ajudication or in some cases, the lawyer can get the ticket dismissed.

btw, w4klr, your ticket's only $207??? with the ticket price increases we have down here every few months, 15 over would get you close to that amount... 26 over would be a nice, big, fat ticket.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:11:27 AM EDT
I was expecting something like $400, but the citation shows $207.50 or something like that. Maybe it was because of it being a highway, I don't know.

Nova, yes, there are attorneys that work for that cheap. A buddy of mine used an attorney for a speeding ticket of 110/75, and the ticket was dismissed, he payed attorneys fees and court costs to total $122
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:12:42 AM EDT

Sounds like you'll probably wind up paying the $75 plus the $207.

Here is one that will
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:17:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:41:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By COZ:
The owner of the company I worked for sponsors the State Police bass tournament and I run into a Trooper who doesn't fish.

If it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all....

Stole that line from the old HeeHaw show...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:43:53 AM EDT
You may want to invest in a good Radar detector. It will make these little high speed flings a little less painfull on the wallet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:47:27 AM EDT
i guess those valentine radar detectors are the cream of the crop from what I hear.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:52:50 AM EDT
I usually just apologize, flip my tin and tell him to have better luck fishing next time.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:55:02 AM EDT

i guess those valentine radar detectors are the cream of the crop from what I hear.

If only I could afford one. I have a Uniden now, its better than nothing.

Good place to check out the performance of various detectors without them trying to sell you something. www.speedzones.com/
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:06:48 AM EDT
People drive fast in Florida, but not that fast.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:33:58 AM EDT
In Ft. Lauderdale, we drive REAL fast
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:40:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HKTackDriver:
I usually just apologize, flip my tin and tell him to have better luck fishing next time.

I was driving with an Oxnard city cop on the 5 coming down the grapevine.
He was doing 95 mph.
We were pulled over by a CHP youngster, the Oxnard cop flipped him his badge, the CHP guy said "so" and wrote him a ticket.
The shitty thing is that the CHP lived in Ventura county, so my buddy put it out through the LEO community that the CHP guy not a player.

I heard that the CHP officer had gotten a few tickets from his local and county cops.

Cops.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:49:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:28:04 AM EDT

Well, the morning is a grand Sunday morning! Spent that night at my fiances house with friends of the family (they are leaving today so we stayed up bsing until early hours), and went to work a little later than usual since its Sunday with no traffic.

Hopped on I-75, saw a Trooper in the distance and slowed, made it past him... phew!

Hopped on I-595E, went over the rise in the highway, and as I was doing that I thought to myself "I should slow down for this, I've already seen a Trooper lurking around"

No sooner had I thought that, my little blue Ranger of doom appeared over the horizon like a speeding bullet (+p of course ) and I saw my executioner.

As soon as I saw the car, I saw my speed on the speedo, and I knew he was moving from the median for me. All in all...

Excessive speed, 91mph in a 65mph zone

I got you beat...barely. My first ticket was a little higher over the speed limit. 86 in a 55mph construction zone. It was sunday, all the construction workers were at home, so I figured I could get away with going a little faster.

-Ben
Top Top