List the gayest cars you can think of

My first guess is a NEW VW BUG or anyother NEW VW
since they stopped making the Scirocco.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Miata.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If it doesn't have two shifters on the hump and locking hubs, it's a chick car.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Miata.  

Beat me to it.

Followed by the VW BUG, Mini Cooper, Jetta, Sunfire and other "girl" cars.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Those shoebox-looking Scions.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Any vehicle made by Ford.

A single guy driving a subaru outback = ghey.  A co-worker of mine does exactly that.  What a douche.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]

I'm sure there are lots of raging homosexuals that drive around in big pick-up trucks

I'd say if a car were "gay", the miata has to be pretty high on that list.  

btw - I'm sure my Volvo stationwagon is supergay - but to me it's an awesome car.  It's been the best car I've ever owned, with tons of interior room (and in Scandinavia it's often just considered a rugged, useful utility car - as well as a the vehicle of choice for K9 police units.).

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Just returnd form Mexico and I must say the "Atos" by Dodge was pretty damn gay.

What is an "Atos" anyway?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#8]
AGNTSA.

I think the Beetle is a chick car-and I even asked my sister her opinion on the subject, and she concurred with me.  

As far as the Miata goes, we have a member that drives one, and one of our dealers here drives a Scion.

Quoted:
Just returnd form Mexico and I must say the "Atos" by Dodge was pretty damn gay.

Gay? No.  I could probably squash it with my right foot though.
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=chrysler.autosur.com.mx/atos.shtml&prev=/search%3Fq%3DDodge%2BAtos%26hl%3Den%26hs%3D9cW%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Ford F-150 Pick-Em-Up Truck (Brokebutt Edition) & Ford Escape Hybrid
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I drive a RAV-4. Not the most masculine ride, but it gets the job done.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd say most SUVs. Not very manly.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#12]
H2
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Hummer H2/H3
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
H2

+eleventybillion

an H3 is even gayer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
AGNTSA.

I think the Beetle is a chick car-and I even asked my sister her opinion on the subject, and she concurred with me.  

As far as the Miata goes, we have a member that drives one, and one of our dealers here drives a Scion.

Quoted:

www.riveraapizaco.com/Autos/Dodge/Atos_WR_2003__2_1.jpg
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=chrysler.autosur.com.mx/atos.shtml&prev=/search%3Fq%3DDodge%2BAtos%26hl%3Den%26hs%3D9cW%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

OK, DEEJ, whos the ghey member ?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Wtf makes it a "girls car".
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

French tickler on the gear shifter.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You know, something like a Mercury Cougar, or a Chevy Camaro.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

French tickler on the gear shifter.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Define it....

Body style, lack of horse power... "gay pride" bumper sticker with a guy driving it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#21]
If a car is an

Automatic

then it is automatically

Ghey
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

if it is ANY white convertable, it is a DUDE MAGNET!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#23]
the Miata is a great car. Its one of the few roadsters that can actually hang at the track with the best of them. Its just the damn name "miata" which just sounds fruity.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
AGNTSA.

Quoted:

www.riveraapizaco.com/Autos/Dodge/Atos_WR_2003__2_1.jpg

The only feature that thing had was AC, no radio nothing and the back "seat" was only of use to those without legs. It was cold AC though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Again I ask myself tonight, "Who really gives a flying fuck?"

SBG
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#26]
My ride:

It's just a car after all...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Define it....

Body style, lack of horse power... "gay pride" bumper sticker with a guy driving it.

I was mostly kidding

But in the late 80s and early 90s, I believe that the Mercury Cougar was the "chick version" of the same car, the Ford Thunderbird, which was the "guy version" - and sales (and marketing) skewed heavily that way.

I think the same was the case (although pershaps to a slightly lesser extent) with the Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Ricey cars with gigantic wings on the back of them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The only feature that thing had was AC, no radio nothing and the back "seat" was only of use to those without legs. It was cold AC though.

I think "Atos" translates to "clown car."  Funny thing is my dad(and before that my sister) owned a Ford Festiva (Not the one we had, found it digging up on Google) it was only 3 doors, tiny, a 1.3L 64hp engine, and no AC, a tape deck, and a smallish but useable backseat.  It did have punch for a 64hp engine, and didn't eat a lot of gas.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I was mostly kidding

But in the late 80s and early 90s, I believe that the Mercury Cougar was the "chick version" of the same car, the Ford Thunderbird, which was the "guy version" - and sales (and marketing) skewed heavily that way.

I think the same was the case (although pershaps to a slightly lesser extent) with the Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird.

I guess its dependent on what people think... a gay car to some is a manly car to others.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Honestly, a ghey car still has payments on it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Any vehicle made by Ford.

A single guy driving a subaru outback = ghey.  A co-worker of mine does exactly that.  What a douche.

For some reason, ghey isn't the first thing I think of when I hear Subaru...

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I like the Miata...in fact I think they dropped the Miata name for the new version didn't they?

Pretty sure the Japanese were getting the impressions on the gayness and simply call it the MX-3.

Anyway,alotta cars like the Mini,CRX,Miata,GTi...those are all little cars that can scoot,and handle well,fun to drive and all that.

I will agree however that the New Beatle is very fruity,and it's probably the one car I would agree is pretty gay...wouldn't drive that one.

Funny the thread starts out referencing the Scirocco...sounds pretty homo to me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
My ride:

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/AyeGuy/sticks.jpg

What do you put in the flower holder?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Ghey/chick... it's all the pretty much the same...

www.boston.com/business/articles/2006/02/24/chick_cars

Take the Poll if you feel like it.

Chick cars
Automakers are paying more attention to what women car buyers want, even as they attempt to design cars with more unisex appeal
Mazda Miata

By Kristen Green, Globe Correspondent  |  February 24, 2006

Gone is the Volkswagen Cabriolet. The matchbox-sized Mazda Miata adored by women has given way to the faster, edgier MX-5. Even the diminutive Toyota RAV4 has been muscled up.

Has the chick car gone androgynous?

Automakers don't admit to ever purposefully making a car for just one gender, but over time certain types of rides have earned the sobriquet ''chick car." They tend to be petite -- even tiny -- sports cars, with appealing lines and a peppy but not overpowering ride.

But now automakers are trying to broaden the appeal of some car lines, in part to sell them to wider audiences. Models that had been hits with women have been redesigned to encourage men to give them a second look.

Toyota, for example, appears to have pumped steroids into its small sports utility vehicle, the RAV4. It dropped in a bigger V6 engine, lengthened the vehicle by 14 inches, and gave it sharper lines. Still, Toyota tried to maintain the sleek, aerodynamic look that appealed to women.
Poll Which car is most "chick" like? | Message Board Your thoughts

The redesign was prompted by complaints from focus groups that the RAV4 was too small and unsophisticated, said Toyota spokesman Bill Kwong.

''They were finding a lot of males were rejecting it because it was too cutesy. It was a little toy to them," Kwong said. ''We were trying to attract more male buyers by making it more rugged-looking, more muscular."

Women purchased 70 percent of RAV4 models last year. Toyota also wanted to compete with the Honda and its CR-V, also a small SUV, which was outselling the RAV4 in metro markets.

''It's really a balancing act trying to get more rugged, but not so rugged that women are going to be turned off by it," Kwong said.

Indeed, about the only real girly car left on the market is the Volkswagen Beetle, two-thirds of which are owned by women in the United States.

''It has a bud vase in the center console, for goodness sake," said Kelly Toepke, manager of vehicle testing for Edmunds.com. ''I don't know that any man would want a fresh flower in his car."

But maybe in the right color or with a more powerful engine, a chick car becomes a car that appeals to both sexes -- such as Chrysler's PT Cruiser.

Then there are the other kind of girls' cars -- ''mom cars" designed for hauling around the kids and stuff. Today's minivans, like the Honda Odyssey and the Toyota Sienna, are a far cry from the frumpy, boxy minivans of the '80s. They are stocked with high-tech gadgets such as navigation systems and wireless headsets for the DVD player.

''It's literally like being in your living room," said Toepke.

While not overtly designing chick cars, manufacturers are doing more than ever to keep women in mind as they develop models, said Cynthia Price, women's marketing manager for the diversity initiative at General Motors.

GM formed its Center of Expertise on Diversity in 2001, responding in part to statistics that showed women influence 80 percent of car purchases. Company officials realized they needed to appeal more to women, not only in marketing campaigns and on the sales floor, but also in the design stages, Price said.

''It's not about creating pink cars," she said. ''You run the risk of alienating certain groups if you say this is only for women."

The Mini Cooper has bridged the difficult divide between cute and girlish. It has been wildly popular with men, despite its tiny size and buggy shape.

But even this successful nongender car has found limits to its appeal. So, BMW is reportedly working on a new design with a longer front intended to make the Mini more family-friendly.

Volvo, meanwhile, has a concept car designed almost exclusively by women, which offers a headrest that allows women to comfortably wear a ponytail. It includes features that will appeal to men, too, including a better line of vision, interchangeable seat covers in materials such as linen and wool, and computerized parking assistance.
Poll Which car is most "chick" like? | Message Board Your thoughts

GM's Price said using women's ideas about what's important in a car can result in cars that are more popular with both sexes. ''Women are more picky," she said. ''If you please women, you will please the rest of the population."

And adding thoughtful innovations to a car that appeals to women makes good business sense, she said, mentioning accessories such as remote starters, retractable entry steps, and safety features, including OnStar.

Women consider styling important, industry researchers say, and they like luxuries such as leather seats and DVD players. And, a car doesn't have to be petite to appeal to women. In fact some female car buyers like their vehicles downright brawny.

Price compared the Chevrolet Tahoe to ''a little black dress," implying it is something no woman should be without.

Vicki Barletta, a Chestnut Hill grandmother, bought her first GM Yukon last month after owning several Chevrolet Suburbans.

She likes being able to load the big SUV with bags of soil from Home Depot, chauffeur her entire family, or dress up and head out for a night on the town. Barletta, 63, said two of her best friends drive them, too.

''Our society has changed. That's why all the cars have changed," she said. ''It's a very, very unisex world."
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
If a car is an

Automatic

then it is automatically

Ghey

Best answer.  

Specific models;
- Corvette's
- Jetta's
- Subaru wagon's
- Any SUV- station wagon
- Camaro's
- New Bettle
- New Mini Cooper
- Most BMW's
- Any Hybrid
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#37]
any hybrid.  sorry, but they just look gay.  i don't care if they do get 70mpg.

once they start making them look decent, or give them more power, i'll stick with my gas guzzling trucks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My ride:

Cigar?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
any hybrid.  sorry, but they just look gay.  i don't care if they do get 70mpg.

once they start making them look decent, or give them more power, i'll stick with my gas guzzling trucks.

achmed and mustafa thank you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was mostly kidding

I guess its dependent on what people think... a gay car to some is a manly car to others.

Oh - I personally agree 100% with you.

Lots of people undoubtedly think my Volvo stationwagon is the ultimate gay soccer-mom wimp car, but I think it's awesome!  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My ride:

A 3"X5" American flag, mofo!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
the Miata is a great car. Its one of the few roadsters that can actually hang at the track with the best of them. Its just the damn name "miata" which just sounds fruity.

Probably why they call it MX5 now.

I don't get this crap that the Miata is gay.  It is one of the best handling cars on the road, dominates it's class in SCCA, and is no slow poke.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My ride:

Cigar?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I saw some guy driving a brand new Hummer H3 and he thought he was the shizz!That = big

Also the Miata is high on the list as I see so many out here we call them "Hair-dresser" cars!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I like the Miata...in fact I think they dropped the Miata name for the new version didn't they?

Pretty sure the Japanese were getting the impressions on the gayness and simply call it the MX-35.

Anyway,alotta cars like the Mini,CRX,Miata,GTi...those are all little cars that can scoot,and handle well,fun to drive and all that.

I will agree however that the New Beatle is very fruity,and it's probably the one car I would agree is pretty gay...wouldn't drive that one.

Funny the thread starts out referencing the Scirocco...sounds pretty homo to me.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I'm sure there are lots of raging homosexuals that drive around in big pick-up trucks

I'd say if a car were "gay", the miata has to be pretty high on that list.  

btw - I'm sure my Volvo stationwagon is supergay - but to me it's an awesome car.  It's been the best car I've ever owned, with tons of interior room (and in Scandinavia it's often just considered a rugged, useful utility car - as well as a the vehicle of choice for K9 police units.).

A Volvo isn't gay. Just shows that you're whipped.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't get this crap that the Miata is gay.  It is one of the best handling cars on the road, dominates it's class in SCCA, and is no slow poke.

It's just MX-5 now.  It was referred to as the MX-5 overseas for years.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#48]
I think the 350Z is a pretty girlish car.

Every one I see around here needs a big bumper sticker on it that says "THANK YOU DADDY"

They're ALL driven by spoiled little rich daddy's girls.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I drive a MINI Cooper S. You might take me on the straight away in your muscle car, but as soon as we get into some turns and curves I'll fly right past you. You should drive one before you damn it. They're a blast to drive. They make great rally cars.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just MX-5 now.  It was referred to as the MX-5 overseas for years.  

Just like the GLC was referred to a 323 in the rest of the world.  They finally started calling the 323 here until the started using "Protege", a name which I hate for a car.

In Japan, the 1st Gen RX7 was called the "Savannah".  The first 240Zs were called "Fairlady" in Japan.  Now, THAT is a gay name.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top