Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
frankly, there's nothing gayer then needing a vehicle like a p/u in order to be secure in your masculinity.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think the 350Z is a pretty girlish car.

Every one I see around here needs a big bumper sticker on it that says "THANK YOU DADDY"

They're ALL driven by spoiled little rich daddy's girls.

My mom drives one.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I was unaware a car had a sexual orientation. Interesting.......
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

There is no doubt certain cars are marketed towards a certain sex. For instance, remember when the Dodge Neon came out (pun intended)? The marketing campaign was "Hi." The whole thing was geared towards women.

Then there are certain cars that just seem to draw women more than men. The classic example, IMO, is the Fiero. The only guy I ever saw drive one was gay.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm of the opinion that equating vehicles with sex is a bit odd.

I personally prefer to think of women when I think of sex. As a matter of fact, I think I might just go jump in my Honda Element and go get me some!  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#6]
On the flip side, anyone who doesnt think that Dodge's marketing is aimed SQUARELY at men is missing something in the perception department.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
On the flip side, anyone who doesnt think that Dodge's marketing is aimed SQUARELY at men is missing something in the perception department.

I thought their marketing was aimed at gansta's.

"If da ride is mo fly, then u must buy!"  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#9]
H2's and H3's.They are more poser than ghey though...A car that screams "I am teh Gheyest" would have to be a RAV4 2 door with a Tweety bird sticker in the back window.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#10]
who gives a shiznit?

a buddy of mine that i played college football with had a bumper sticker that summed this whole argument up very nicely.  i read:

"its not the car that makes the man, but the size of the arm hanging out the window"
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not mentioning what any of my cars have been around you guys.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#12]
That new Honda pickup. They don't get any fuglier. Its a Jap Avalanche.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no doubt certain cars are marketed towards a certain sex. For instance, remember when the Dodge Neon came out (pun intended)? The marketing campaign was "Hi." The whole thing was geared towards women.

Then there are certain cars that just seem to draw women more than men. The classic example, IMO, is the Fiero. The only guy I ever saw drive one was gay.

I take that you have never taken a ride in a Fiero with a V-8 conversion.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Its ghey if its not rear wheel drive with a V8.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I remember an episode of cops, where they had a cross dressing trucker who was robbed by a gay prostitute.  The trucker was driving a "PETER" built . My brother just finished truck driving school, and said you wouldn't believe how many gay truckers there are, and lots of dikes, he said he never would have figured on that. I guess its the driver that makes the vehicle gay, not the other way around.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#16]

so a ford crown victoria is a cool car then?  grandpa, is that you?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#17]
the mercury marauder is pretty badass for a land yacht
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
AGNTSA.

I think the Beetle is a chick car-and I even asked my sister her opinion on the subject, and she concurred with me.  

As far as the Miata goes, we have a member that drives one, and one of our dealers here drives a Scion.

Quoted:
Just returnd form Mexico and I must say the "Atos" by Dodge was pretty damn gay.

www.riveraapizaco.com/Autos/Dodge/Atos_WR_2003__2_1.jpg
Gay? No.  I could probably squash it with my right foot though.
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=chrysler.autosur.com.mx/atos.shtml&prev=/search%3Fq%3DDodge%2BAtos%26hl%3Den%26hs%3D9cW%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

I believe that that is the current version of the what we knew as the Dodge Colt.  (Always were built in Mexico)
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If it doesn't have two shifters on the hump and locking hubs, it's a chick car.

Three posts in, everyone else is cut off at the knees. WELL PLAYED.

/good thing I drive a 4WD truck.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#20]
the Scion that looks like a rolling toaster
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

or a 4wd with a very large open trunk
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If a car is an

Automatic

then it is automatically

Ghey

But I like my Cadillac Eldorado.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#23]
New Bug or the PT Cruiser.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I guess no one has ever seen a "Monster Miata".  

The Details

1992 Monster Miata

POWERTRAIN
Engine:  It's a stock Ford 5.0L EFI V8.  It has a K&N cone style air filter assembly attached to the stock MAF, under drive pullies, and JBA headers.  A full custom stainless steel dual exhaust through Magnaflow mufflers provides an aggressive tone. Oh, and did I forget to mention the 100 shot NX wet kit?
Cooling:  A custom aluminum three row radiator sits behind two 12 inch Spal fans.
Transmission: More Ford-sourced goodies in the form of a World Class T5Z 5 speed, with a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, and a lightened aluminum flywheel.
Rearend: A Ford 7.5 inch IRS rear end housing from a T-Bird is home for a limited slip unit and 3.27:1 gears, and combines with custom cut half shafts that have been cryogenically frozen and hardened.
CHASSIS
Frame: Custom full length frame rails handle the additional torque.
Suspension: Custom revalved Koni shocks, heavy duty lowering springs, larger sway bars, and poly bushings all around preserve the excellent Miata handling characteristics.  RX-7 spindles form the basis of the 5 lug conversion.
Brakes:  Brembo rotors and 4 piston RX-7 calipers are fed by stainless steel braided lines.  A Wilwood proportioning valve provides plenty of adjustment.
Wheels: 5 spoke Prime wheels are sized 15x7
Tires: Toyo Proxies RA-1 in P215/50/15 and P225/50/15
STYLE
Body:  The stock Miata lines are accented by a Monster Motorsports front lip spoiler and a Miata R package rear diffuser.  A Simpson Design cowl hood vents heat and provides the sharp eyed observer a hint that all is not stock. 
Paint:  It's Mazda Classic Red and is all original.
Interior: A refreshed stock Miata interior is fortified by a four point roll bar, four point racing harnesses, and a fire extinguisher.  A Kenwood AM/FM/CD player with Infinity speakers competes with the exhaust note.  A custom alarm system protects the interior and provides remote access to the door locks and trunk.  

______________________________________________________________________________  

I did a traffic stop on one of those.    

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the Miata is a great car. Its one of the few roadsters that can actually hang at the track with the best of them. Its just the damn name "miata" which just sounds fruity.

Probably why they call it MX5 now.

I don't get this crap that the Miata is gay.  It is one of the best handling cars on the road, dominates it's class in SCCA, and is no slow poke.

The Miata is rwd and has a MANual transmission.

That makes it more manly than 80% of the late model American cars which are automatic transmission and fwd.  Grand Am, Grand Prix, Cavalier, Monte Carlo, Impala, etcetera.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Ive got a real good friend who drives a mazda miata. This was after his dad had given him a deisel 97 chevy silverado 4wd. I thought he was nuts, and frankly still dont know what he was thinking. But I have to say the women seem to love that car. I still would never be caught dead driving it, but it is zippy and fun. It does feel a little when we im riding with him. Ill stick to my 4wd GMC sonoma ZR2, even if I dont get as much attentiion from women in it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My ride:

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/AyeGuy/sticks.jpg

It's just a car after all...

What do you put in the flower holder?

A 3"X5" American flag, mofo!

Your posts own everyone who called the Beatle 'gay.'  

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/jasba/P8180053.jpg

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Jettas
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I just bought one of these on Thursday:

Thank god for the push pull or drag trade-in.  I don't care if anyone thinks it's gay.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Fortunately, the super-gayness of my Volvo stationwagon is counteracted by the ultimate maniless of my Mach 1.

(Of course, assuming I ever get it back from my body guy - I really should call him - it's been at least 6 months since I've even talked to him )
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#31]
My pickup is an automatic.... and has purple graphics on it... Do I care? nope.

Having cerebral paulsey makes it difficult to drive a manual but I can do it if need be.
I really dont worry about what people drive.

If I need to feel manly I go push brush with a Cat...  manly cars... give me a break.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Fortunately, the super-gayness of my Volvo stationwagon is counteracted by the ultimate maniless of my Mach 1.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=45268

(Of course, assuming I ever get it back from my body guy - I really should call him - it's been at least 6 months since I've even talked to him )

Nice house! Another Dane that has done good! BTW,had to get rid of the Miata,got sick and tired of the rough ride,worse than the Volvo daycab.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm sure there are lots of raging homosexuals that drive around in big pick-up trucks

I'd say if a car were "gay", the miata has to be pretty high on that list.  

btw - I'm sure my Volvo stationwagon is supergay - but to me it's an awesome car.  It's been the best car I've ever owned, with tons of interior room (and in Scandinavia it's often just considered a rugged, useful utility car - as well as a the vehicle of choice for K9 police units.).

A Volvo isn't gay. Just shows that you're whipped.

No man.  A Volvo is gay.  Seriously gay.  Just ask their marketing department.

Every one of the (very) few openly-gay people I know drives a Volvo.  And everyone I personally know that drives a Volvo is in that group.

Sorry, Dutchie -- just an observation.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#34]
The gayest car in the world is the one with your boyfriend in the passenger seat.

(assuming you aren't a chick)
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm sure there are lots of raging homosexuals that drive around in big pick-up trucks

btw - I'm sure my Volvo stationwagon is supergay - but to me it's an awesome car.  It's been the best car I've ever owned, with tons of interior room (and in Scandinavia it's often just considered a rugged, useful utility car - as well as a the vehicle of choice for K9 police units.).

kropp.poetshome.com/wp-content/uploads/ExcitedAsYou1.jpg

Every one of the (very) few openly-gay people I know drives a Volvo.  And everyone I personally know that drives a Volvo is in that group.

But Volvo makes the best big-rig around.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Any vehicle made by Ford.

A single guy driving a subaru outback = ghey.  A co-worker of mine does exactly that.  What a douche.

Man, you suck.

I drive a 91 Ford 5.0 stang and a 1985 Subaru GL wagon.

Ahhh, but I am not single.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Ive got a REAL good friend who drives a mazda miata... it is zippy and fun.

ooooooo, I bet it is big boy

Just kiddin, they are kinda fun to drive however.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Fiat
MG
Miata
VW
Mini Cooper
H3
PT Cruiser
AZTEK
Matrix/Vibe
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Sunfire/cavalier
Any minivan
Ford F150
Dodge trucks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But Volvo makes the best big-rig around.

Exactly - a lot of people don't seem to realize that Volvo make awesome big trucks.

Plus, I'm not sure how being single and buying a Vovlo makes me "whipped"  (the picture of my garage is where I live ALONE )
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#40]
The new VW Beatles are the epitome of gay, in fact, yesterday at the mall I overheard a gay couple talking about them. The first guy said, "Man, the new Beatle is sooo gay." The second guy says in a soft voice, "Not as gay as us..." Then they started making out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The new VW Beatles are the epitome of gay, in fact, yesterday at the mall I overheard a gay couple talking about them. The first guy said, "Man, the new Beatle is sooo gay." The second guy says in a soft voice, "Not as gay as us..." Then they started making out.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Heh.  The "gayest" person I know - my sister-in-law - drives a Ford Explorer.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Fiat
MGMiata
VW
Mini Cooper
H3
PT Cruiser
AZTEK
Matrix/Vibe
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Sunfire/cavalier
Any minivan
Ford F150
Dodge trucks.

I have an MG and an eclipse

I also have two fullsize gm 4x4s, one with a big block.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#44]
I would say the Honda Element is definitely a gay man's car. So is the
Honda CRV,
Lexus RX 330,  
Toyota Rav 4,
Pontiac Sunfire
6 Cylinder Mustang/Camaro
GT Mustang
Miata
Beetle
PT Cruiser
Nissan Exterra

James
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Nothing's wrong with the Eclipse. I'm sure it'd be fun to cruise around town in with the sunroof and windows down... if you're a chick.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#46]
i drive a hummer H1 alpha with a lear jet engine in it.   i can drive it through 42" of water at 370 knotts.

where is the line between not enough car (i.e. gay) and too much car (i.e. compensating for a small dick)?  for example, i kinda think those international pickups are cool--you know the ones built on a friggin' semi platform--but they're so G**Damned big that i might feel ridiculous.  on the one hand, i like a truck that takes up some space and pisses off the tree huggers, but you can go too  far.  can't you?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Trucks that are jacked up with huge tires are beyond gay, just sad.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
i drive a hummer H1 alpha with a lear jet engine in it.   i can drive it through 42" of water at 370 knotts.

where is the line between not enough car (i.e. gay) and too much car (i.e. compensating for a small dick)?  for example, i kinda think those international pickups are cool--you know the ones built on a friggin' semi platform--but they're so G**Damned big that i might feel ridiculous.  on the one hand, i like a truck that takes up some space and pisses off the tree huggers, but you can go too  far.  can't you?

Good point.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#49]
hey general tso, i really like your chicken.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:16:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I drive my 'ghey' car ever single day.  No, I am not StonerStudent's other account.

There aren't many twenty or thirty something males driving this car without a rainbow sticker on the back.  Even fewer who have the miniscule trunk loaded with ammo and firearms on the way to the range.

The MX-5 has only ever been called the Miata in North America.  Elsewhere it was called the Eunos Roadster.

I've always wanted an Austin Healy like my father's.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top