Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 1:23:35 PM EDT
I was shooting today and noticed the rifle "felt odd" on extraction, so I took it inside to break it down and realized my extractor hook, was broken in half. I bought a new one and installed it and continued shooting. I need to call RRA and give them some hell. My DPMS POS a-15 had twice as many rounds through it and the extractor never broke! Yes this was wolf, same as I shoot in my other AR.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Give RRA a chance to make it right before going nuclear on them. They're a good company that should do you right.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#2]
IBSBTA

In before someone blames the ammo!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
DAMN WOLF AMMO!  

Seriously though, do you think that all parts should be flawless?  There's always a bad part once in awhile.  And was your gun still functioning?  That's testament to how well they function....WHILE BROKEN!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Come on, man....with the money you save shooting Wolf...you cant afford to replace a $13.00 extractor?

The girls I run around with are always joking about how many extractors they can afford to replace because they shoot Wolf.

If'ins yer gonna dance with the devil...occasionally yer gonna have to tip the piper!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
It seems to me that this should be filed under shit happens...

Part breaks, but the rifle continued to run, I'd say good for RRA.

SBG
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Shit happens, parts break. Give RRA a call and see what they will do before you go off on them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Broken extracter??  BFD!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#8]
These things happen. Now would be a great time to by a nice assortment of replacement parts for your rifle.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I've broken a few extractors.
As long as it's USGI, you lessen the odds, but they still break.
Very hard for a manufacturer to see a defect in such a small in inexpensive part.
They should make it right ($2).

ETA:  That's why I carry a USGI cleaning rod.  The Otis kits are nice, but they won't punch out a stuck cartridge.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#10]
It was a snap to fix, luckily they had one in. I was acutally amazed it kept extracting with about 1/3 the surface area it started with. I will just wait until the next machine gun shoot at KCR, they will have a table there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top