Posted: 2/25/2006 12:10:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:12:11 PM EDT
thats cool
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:13:19 PM EDT
WTF, GO to the RAt Shack and make one yourself and save over 4000.00
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:13:27 PM EDT
that is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:13:59 PM EDT
OK maybe I am just thick, but I can't quite figure out what it is supposed to do.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:14:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mrassII:

Who the fuck actually needs a transmitter inside a gun mag? The point is it's a really neat collectable. You don't see old CIA gagets on the collectable market that often.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:14:39 PM EDT
Just picked this up out of the store. A customer of mine was friends with an EX-CIA agent who just passed away, and this came out of the estate. Battery is in the magazine. When inserted into the weapon it powers transmitter and sends audio signal to receiver which has an earpiece to monitor. All included in kit. The entire transmitter and antenna is secreted in the grips of the weapon. The magazine/battery compartment will hold two live 9mm rounds and the gun is fully operational and fires. If you need more ammo just drop in a real/full mag and fire away! Now thats some James Bond #####!!

Fully functional. We were playing with it for hours in the shop!

$4995 and you pay the shipping.
Thanks,
Vito
(954)545-1321
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:15:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoHarmNoFAL-01:
OK maybe I am just thick, but I can't quite figure out what it is supposed to do.

it's a bugged gun.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:15:47 PM EDT
pretty cool if it's legit and not pieced together by a tinfoil wearing wacko.

I could find something else to spend 5 grand on
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:17:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Enigma102083:

Originally Posted By mrassII:

Who the fuck actually needs a transmitter inside a gun mag? The point is it's a really neat collectable. You don't see old CIA gagets on the collectable market that often.

I say the CIA part is
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:17:08 PM EDT

it's a bugged gun.

I suppose the point is if you are trying to bug a conversation, where they search you for "wires" or transmitters, but let you keep your gun.

I'd think the application woudl be really limited - how many situations are bad guys going to trust you enough to let you carry a gun in their presence, but not trust you enough to not search you for transmitters?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:18:32 PM EDT
I think it's a scam and never came close to being used by a government agent.

$600 gun with some fancy $300 electronic equipment makes a nice $4000 profit. I vote scam.

- BG
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:20:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
I'd think the application woudl be really limited - how many situations are bad guys going to trust you enough to let you carry a gun in their presence, but not trust you enough to not search you for transmitters?

The ones where you're the case officer working an informant, the way the CIA prefers things.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:22:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kharn:

The ones where you're the case officer working an informant, the way the CIA prefers things.

Kharn

Ah - so that does make more sense!!

Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:23:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 12:23:54 PM EDT by Enigma102083]

it's a bugged gun.

I suppose the point is if you are trying to bug a conversation, where they search you for "wires" or transmitters, but let you keep your gun.

what if you're one of them (deep cover) and are supposed to have a gun? What if you're a one of them working as an asset for a handler and your handler has you carry this instead of your normal gun?

ETA: damn late again.
Top Top