Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 9:51:54 AM EDT
Hey all, after trying Guinness Draught beer I was wondering what is that thing floating in my beer bottle?  Surely some of you beer experts would happen to know, what ever it is, this beer surely is tops and beats any MGD or BUD any time of day.    
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:53:11 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a Widget.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#2]
it is called a widget and it jets a stream of bubbles into the beer, creating an effect like that of a tap. The cans are much better than the bottles when poured in to a pint glass. Guinness is the best beer in the world.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, sure is a widget.  It is filled with nitrogen.  Guinness (and many other Irish dry stouts) are carbonated with nitrogen rather than CO2 for that light creamy taste.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Its call "crap" because it's a 'crap beer.'
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#5]
First time I had it I freaked out.  It is indeed a "widget".  I believe it's purpose is to provide the "head".
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's a Widget.

It still doesnt help Guinness taste good though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#7]
goddamnit, stupid internet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's a Widget.

Thats because you need testosterone in order for the proper flavor

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's a Widget.

Thats because you need testosteroneestrogen in order for the proper flavor

Fixed.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I see, so its a Widget...for a minute there I thought it was a dead mans finger bone.    Thanks for the insight.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Oh no you didn't!

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#12]
You know I was just thinking  I guess a Widget is to beer as a Worm is to tequila.  Ahh such tasty Widgets.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Warning: do not put the cans into a fire barrel. Those widget things blow up real good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's a Widget.

+1000

Greatest beer (I prefer the Stout) in the world.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's a Widget.

+1000

Greatest beer (I prefer the Stout) in the world.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Guiness is [willy]CRAP[/willy]

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's a Widget.

Fixed.

Hmmmm, I assume you are an "amaretto sour" type of guy

On the seventh day, God did'nt rest, he created Guinness for all true Alpha Males.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yep, sure is a widget.  It is filled with nitrogen.  Guinness (and many other Irish dry stouts) are carbonated with nitrogen rather than CO2 for that light creamy taste.

Guinness is not carbonated. It is nitrogenated.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's a Widget.

Thats because you need testosteronetesticular fortitude in order for the proper flavor

Fixed.

Ahh you made a mispelling. I corrected your error.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's a Widget.

Fixed.

Hmmmm, I assume you are an "amaretto sour" type of guy

On the seventh day, God did'nt rest, he created Guinness for all true Alpha Males.

No, I am a bourbon type of guy.

If I have to drink beer of any kind, I only drink a local microbrew, called Terminal Gravity

I like the IPA better, but their ESB is very good.  It definately makes Guinness taste like the turd water that it is.  Only women with no taste like guinness.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's a Widget.

Thats because you need testosterone testicular fortitude a set of balls in order for the proper flavor

Fixed.

Ahh you made a mispelling. I corrected your error.

You both screwed up so I made the right correction.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh no you didn't!

Kharn

Oh....

I belie I did!!!!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If I have to drink beer of any kind, I only drink a local microbrew, called Terminal Gravity

i1.tinypic.com/oj1bok.jpg

Before I burn you at the stake for being a witch, I'd like details on your computer. That display is neat, even if it is owned by a Guinness insulting pogue.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i1.tinypic.com/oj1bok.jpg

Before I burn you at the stake for being a witch, I'd like details on your computer. That display is neat, even if it is owned by a Guinness insulting pogue.

What do you want to know?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What's with the display and all that, heathen? Specs, etc.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's with the display and all that, heathen? Specs, etc.

PM inbound, dont wanna hijack the thread.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey all, this beer is so good, should I make a run to my local super market and buy another 6 pack of Guinness draught?  Its walking distance and its such a lovely day for a walk.  My mind says yes, and experience definitly says go!!! Don't buy one six pack but two!!!  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hey all, this beer is so good, should I make a run to my local super market and buy another 6 pack of Guinness draught?  Its walking distance and its such a lovely day for a walk.  My mind says yes, and experience definitly says go!!! Don't buy one six pack but two!!!  

You might as well just buy Pabst blue ribbon, it will save you money, as they are both piss water.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#31]
beer is for junior drinkers who need to be slowly introduced into the world of alcohol.  if you're a "test the water with your toe" kind of person, beer is right for you.  if you are a proponent of training wheels, beer is a good choice.  

beer is for those who carry scissors with the points down, follow warning labels on q-tips, prefer automatic transmissions, ingest the US RDA of riboflavin, buy salt substitute, use an electric lawnmower, work out on a bowflex instead of free weights, sing "muskrat love" in the shower, read "people" magazine, and buy designer color toothbrushes.

real men drink liquor.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
beer is for junior drinkers who need to be slowly introduced into the world of alcohol.  if you're a "test the water with your toe" kind of person, beer is right for you.  if you are a proponent of training wheels, beer is a good choice.  

beer is for those who carry scissors with the points down, follow warning labels on q-tips, prefer automatic transmissions, ingest the US RDA of riboflavin, buy salt substitute, use an electric lawnmower, work out on a bowflex instead of free weights, sing "muskrat love" in the shower, read "people" magazine, and buy designer color toothbrushes.

real men drink liquor.

+eleventybillion

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Yep thats me a intellectual Beer drinker, don't need no wuss to tell me what men truely are, I served and drink beer.    Weeeeeeeeeeeeee...Put that in your bad kidney and smoke it.  Lead the way!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#34]
True, Guinness is nowhere as big and black as American stouts, and certainly can't touch a Russian Imperial Stout, but as an Irish dry stout, its tasty.  True, not as good as Beamish or even Murphy's, but its like a gateway beer.  Guinness is the beer that led me on the path to enlightenment through microbrews.  I now homebrew some wicked stouts myself.  Oh yeah, and IPAs also kick ass.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Guinness is delish.  Damn good beer.  Unfortunately I don't have any in the fridge.
But I do have 9 Shiner Hefeweizen........also very, very good.

PS - Liquor is for Alcoholics
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Cha Ching, I hear Dollar signs. $$$  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#37]
MMMM....Guiness
MMMM.....Beamish
MMMM....Beer err ...stout
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
My Grandfather was a Master Brewer at the Guiness Brewery in Kilkenny

ANdy

Your grandfather is the man.....

I love Guinness..
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#40]
IMO the bottles Guinness is the worst, it just isn't right. The can is second best but out of a keg is the best. There is something different about the bottle, and I have a hrad time making black and tans with the bottle. Do yourself a favor and get the cans, don't drink it form the can but pour it into a pint glass.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Word up, home-skillet.  Guiness has NO FUCKING TASTE!  My god, I can't believe how people go on and on about how great it is.  No carbonation to speak of, no bite, no aftertaste, no taste for that matter - like malty, creamy water.  Yuck.

Get some Samuel Smiths - any type will do - best beer ever.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Guinness is delish.  Damn good beer.  Unfortunately I don't have any in the fridge.
But I do have 9 Shiner Hefeweizen........also very, very good.

PS - Liquor is for Alcoholics

I am NOT an alcoholic! Alcoholics go to meetings.  I, good sir, am a drunk!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
it is called a widget and it jets a stream of bubbles into the beer, creating an effect like that of a tap. The cans are much better than the bottles when poured in to a pint glass. Guinness is the best beer in the world.

+1  Guinness is golden nectar from the gods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top