Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 9:27:48 AM EDT
Has anyone done this to a .45 ACP or even seen it?  .44 Magnum power from your 1911.  I caught this guys

show on The Mens Channel the other day and I thought I would run it buy you guys to hear your thoughts.  

.460 Rowland Conversion Kits

Guns and Gears w/ Johnny Rowland  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry if I broke any ARFcom rule.  Just curious about the cartridge and not getting much in the Handgun forum this morning.  I appreciate you being so quick to point that out.  Really on your toes aren't you?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#3]
BTT
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Has anyone done this to a .45 ACP or even seen it?  .44 Magnum power from your 1911.  I caught this guys

show on The Mens Channel the other day and I thought I would run it buy you guys to hear your thoughts.  

.460 Rowland Conversion Kits

Guns and Gears w/ Johnny Rowland  

I converted my two Kimbers to 460, one steel and one Stainless Steel.

I love the round and especially the increased accuracy, it has good power as well and if the slide spring is reduced to 22 pounds it cycles 45 acp just fine.

Stainless Kimber on right knocks down heavy steel targets with eas.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow,this cartridge sounds awsome,and that conversion sounds like a pretty reasonable deal...have to put that on my wish list.

Doesn't the .44mag at full power shoot like 300+ grain bullets at pretty impressive speads though.

The articles are saying the Roland gives .44mag power in a 1911,but it's more like entry level .44 mag power isn't it....not full .44mag potential?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wow,this cartridge sounds awsome,and that conversion sounds like a pretty reasonable deal...have to put that on my wish list.

Doesn't the .44mag at full power shoot like 300+ grain bullets at pretty impressive speads though.

The articles are saying the Roland gives .44mag power in a 1911,but it's more like entry level .44 mag power isn't it....not full .44mag potential?

The most effective round for me is a .451 180 grain Montana gold copper jacket hollow point, chronographs at 1800 feet per second, vaporizes a gallon jug of water.

For a hunting round the 200 grain soft point works well for bear and big bore pig.

The 230grain run slow at around 1350 to 1400 fps,

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top