Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 6:30:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 7:10:39 AM EDT by Dance]
With all the "law and order" people we have in the Buying a stolen generator thread, and other threads, I felt it would be interesting to see at what level the various people would call the police on the closest relative they have. This can be your parents, wife/husband, children, or siblings. Whichever you are closest to.

With all of these examples your parents, wife/husband, children, or siblings would not be caught without your direct intervention in calling the police. The crimes are committed against a third party and not yourself or another family member and are one time occurances.

Please give an explanation, if you want.

1. Misdemeanor offense: carrying a pistol without a permit, cruelty to animals, credit card fraud, DUI, indecent exposure, possession of a controlled substance, RSP, simple assault, stalking, theft, welfare fraud.

2. Felony Offense: Aggravated assault, arson, assaulting a police officer, bribery, burglary, carjacking, kidnapping, perjury, sexual abuse, unregistered firearm, manslaughter.

3. Murder: premeditiated, felony murder, all murder types but not manslaughter
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:35:28 AM EDT
I shot my brother in the head a few months ago, and nobody called the cops on me.

It was only a marshmallow gun, though...

Seriously, It would take a financial loss of a few thousand or more, or noticeable physical harm to a person or pet to make me consider it. I'm lucky that I don't have a dirtbag of that sort anywhere in my family that I've met.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:38:06 AM EDT
Child molestation or rape. Other than that I would have to analize the details.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:36:39 PM EDT
Luckily none of my family are criminals.

We did call on my son once. I was at work but my wife called on my son. As some of you may recall from other threads, my Father, Father-in-Law and an Uncle -in-law died in about 8 months and then my Mother-in-Law about a year after that. My middle son had some nasty clinical depression for a while after that (not overly surprising) and he was getting out of hand, acting out, threatening his Mother and sticking his hand through doors and trying to do it on walls. That call helped get his attention focused. He has really turned his act around and is more or less squared his life away.

I probably would have called, but I might have clobbered him. Clobbering would not have solved anything and probably would have got us both headed for the klink.

I'm sure there are a lot here who would have called on a soon to be ex-spouse, and maybe had a spouse call on them.

Fencing or Receiving Stolen Property is still Receiving Stolen Property.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:41:45 PM EDT
I really could use an 'at home taser kit', complete with zip ties for hand cuffs.

"Comply or I will tase you! I will tase you!!! Mom, put down the frying pan or I'm going to tase you!!!"

Handles the situation and doesn't involve calling 'the man'!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:45:08 PM EDT
robbery, rape.

Maybe murder, it would depend on what went down.

There would be other circumstances also. Just would depend.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:46:04 PM EDT
jaywalking
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:46:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drjarhead:
robbery, rape.

Are you serious?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:55:13 PM EDT
it would depend on what family member it was, and it would depend on what it was.
don't get me wrong, a case of rape/molestation would probably get you terminated in my family
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:56:57 PM EDT
All misdemeanors can be handled by a good asswhipping.

Felonies need to have the cops involved because that means that someone was seriously wronged and things need to be made right for the victim
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:58:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DigDug:

robbery, rape.

Are you serious?

Absolutely.
I could never see ANY justification for theft or for rape.
But murder? You bet. Say someone molested one of the kids in my family and found out one of my relatives slowly fed him into a barrel of a caustic substance or buried them in the back 40...I'd never say a word. EVER. Same if they raped their wife, that sort of thing. Some people deserve to die. Fuck 'em. Them and the .gov.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:59:35 PM EDT
I plee the Fifth.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:04:16 PM EDT
Child molestation and rape would likely get you executed in my family.

Robbery and unjustified murder will definatly get you turned in, along with shit like burglary.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:06:11 PM EDT
It would have to be something very serious. I've never seen the police make a situation better. Of course, that's not their job.z
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:09:06 PM EDT

robbery, rape.

Are you serious?

Absolutely.
But murder? You bet. Say someone molested one of the kids in my family and I found out one of my relatives slowly fed him into a barrel of a caustic substance wood chipper or buried them and then buried the pieces in the back 40...I'd never say a word. EVER. Same if they raped their wife, that sort of thing. Some people deserve to die. Fuck 'em. Them and the .gov.

there's my take , with some adjustments
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:14:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:

Felonies need to have the cops involved because that means that someone was seriously wronged and things need to be made right for the victim

Most felonies are generally bad stuff but it would depend on the circumstandes before I turned in a family member or good friend and it would have to be really bad, I mean child molesting, rape, murdering little old ladies bad. I would bet almost everybody has technically committed a felony in their life with the multitudes of laws on the books. When it comes to family and friends it would just depend on the specific circumstances, some felonies are justifibale even if the law doesn't agree.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:24:18 PM EDT
My wife's sister( while pregnant) turned in her husband for repeatedly raping/molesting his retarded half sister but she is still married to the now out of jail Registered Sex Offender.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:29:36 PM EDT
I am of the opinion that the only people you can TRULY rely on is your family, and giving that up for ANY reason will take a great many hours of careful consideration. I have no hard and fast rules regarding the issue as presented.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:30:23 PM EDT
Unless someone was lying dead, the police would never be involved.
The police dont ask me to come into their home and intervene in their domestic issues, I return the favor.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:23:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LANCEMAN:

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:

Most felonies are generally bad stuff but it would depend on the circumstandes before I turned in a family member or good friend and it would have to be really bad, I mean child molesting, rape, murdering little old ladies bad. I would bet almost everybody has technically committed a felony in their life with the multitudes of laws on the books. When it comes to family and friends it would just depend on the specific circumstances, some felonies are justifibale even if the law doesn't agree.

Agree with this. Recall that an "unregistered gun" is included in the definition of "Felony", one which I disagree with.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:53:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2006 4:58:01 AM EDT by TomJefferson]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:57:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TomJefferson:

Two very quick real life stories on this last one.

This one was inlaws in blue state. Underage teen boy caught doing drugs, hanging with the wrong sort, and failing grades. Mother dolts and father is all negative. Teen pits one against the other for control. After finding drugs kid pushes dad and dad pushes kid. Kid tells teacher. Teacher calls cops. Dad has to go to counciling. After that, dad loses complete control as kid calls the cops anytime he doesn't get his way. Kid is 18 now traveling with a punk band and mom and dad divorced.

This one was my next door neighbor in a red state. Underage teen daughter caught with drugs. Dad grounds her. She attempts to run away. As she goes to run out the door he reaches to stop her and grabs hair instead of shoulder. Dad wasn't able to stop her. She goes to the cops. No consultation at all with the parents, she's put in a temporary home. Social welfare is called in to investigate the home. Every day when dad goes to work, social worker visits mom trying to get her to sign a statement dad is abusive though he's never hit anyone in his family ever. Anty keeps going up soon its three bedroom apt all utilities paid, medicare, food stamps, and finally $400 month check. Dad is in construction, money is tight, and no health insurance. Mom signs. Dad leaves the state. Kids move in with Dad. Mom lives in apartment and parties her ass off.

Both are true stories.

Tj

Two absolutely disgusting tales that illustrate just how messed up things have gotten in America.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:15:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2006 5:17:59 AM EDT by TomJefferson]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:47:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2006 10:48:46 AM EDT by 101327]

robbery, rape.

Are you serious?

Absolutely.
But murder? You bet. Say someone molested one of the kids in my family and found out one of my relatives slowly fed him into a barrel of a caustic substance or buried them in the back 40...I'd never say a word. EVER. Same if they raped their wife, that sort of thing. Some people deserve to die. Fuck 'em. Them and the .gov.[/quote/]

Man, what the fuck is with you and you hatred of civil authority?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:52:15 AM EDT
Nothing but rape, child molestation
Top Top