Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 10:46:08 PM EDT
Typical PBS stuff, you have to sort through some of the bull. But there are a few really good, interesting parts. Talking about how brutal the foreign insurgents are to the locals, the insurgents plans for civil war, and shows Americans in a pretty good light.

stream it here
the realplayer freezes less than the windows media player.

Good stuff if you've got an hour to kill. Let me know what you think.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Tageroo
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]
tagged
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link.  Great watch.  Seemed rather balanced, never had that "ah damn, they had to go and say that" moment.  REALLY wish I coulda shot through the screen at some of those, uh, insurgents.
Seemed that those insurgents not aligned with AQ just don't want to be occupied.  Why can't they understand that if they stop that sh*t, they won't be.
Liked how they ended talking to an Iraqi general, who they noted shot down a US plane in the first war.  He insisted the Coalition forces must stay in order for peace to return to Iraq.  
I was rather surprised at the angle this came from, being as how it was on PBS and all.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:02:21 AM EDT
[#5]
The part that pissed me off was what pissed me off when it happened: instead of flattening Fallujah in April 2004 after the brigdr atrocitiy, we pulled back and gave them the impression of victory over the USA.  The insurgency promptly made Fallujah its capital and became stronger than ever.  Had we bombed it flat, we wqould have been better off.  Let 'em howl, I wouldnt have cared.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:05:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Liked how they ended talking to an Iraqi general, who they noted shot down a US plane in the first war.  He insisted the Coalition forces must stay in order for peace to return to Iraq.  
I was rather surprised at the angle this came from, being as how it was on PBS and all.

Frontline's an excellent production.  But one of their episodes was devoted to showing how our conquest of a country of 25m people, an area of California on the opposite side of the world in 3 weeks was a an absolute fiasco because it didn't go perfectly.  That was the most biased, unfair Frontlines I have ever seen. All others have been fair without obvious axes to grind by their editors.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:22:25 AM EDT
[#7]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top