BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Yes, and you can too

That would be creepy, but the commentary keeps it light and manageable. "the telltale heart"

Check this mother out!

I wouldn't say I kill things "to watch them die"... that's weird.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
yes
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, and you can too

Thats creepy.

Check this mother out!

Dude You have to send that to PETA!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, and you can too

Thats creepy.

Check this mother out!

That last one was sweet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:51:38 PM EDT
[#5]
no.  i've killed for food, and i've killed to eliminate pests.  

anything else, including trophy hunting, i find repulsive in the extreme.  anyone who does that is less than a man.

i'd say less than human, but animals don't even behave that way.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#6]
(waiting for punchline)
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I know these guys deserved their death and experienced it. This was all in the last few months. Too bad I don't have the video from the varmint hunt we went on last year with 7.62x39 tracers

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I did once, and I'll never do it again. End of story.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:20:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Skunks, opossum, squirrel, wild dogs that pack and kill livestock.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:41:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, and you can too

Thats creepy.

Check this mother out!

Luckypunk!  As soon as I saw this thread I immediately thought of posting that!  You beat me to it though.  Ahh fun times.  We got to get lights mounted up and go at night, they're twice as stupid in the dark.

Steve-oh, nice vid and music.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, and you can too

Thats creepy.

Check this mother out!

Luckypunk!  As soon as I saw this thread I immediately thought of posting that!  You beat me to it though.  Ahh fun times.  We got to get lights mounted up and go at night, they're twice as stupid in the dark.

Steve-oh, nice vid and music.

I honestly can say that I have never done that.
I also honestly can say that I would love to do it. Pest control is fun, but I won't kill strictly to watch something die.

Anybody got some coyotes they want eliminated?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:45:07 AM EDT
[#12]
When are you going to be in ID Vanilla?  Yeah, pest control is a blast.

I was told that years ago (before I lived in Idaho) they had large "bunny bopping" festivals.  The jack rabbits were so thick that groups of people with clubs would walk through the desert, corner/trap/confuse the rabbits and then bop them with their clubs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:54:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

We do out at our place in Quincy, last time I was out there I saw 6 at one time that I couldn't get a shot on
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:28:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, and you can too

Thats creepy.

Check this mother out!

That last one was sweet.

Except the idiot muzzle and trigger discipline
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:39:00 AM EDT
[#15]
No. I`ve shot a lot of birds and squirrels, but i never got any thrill out of them dieing or being dead. Thats disturbing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:46:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
No. I`ve shot a lot of birds and squirrels, but i never got any thrill out of them dieing or being dead. That would be disturbing.

Then why do you do it, is somebody forcing you to kill these rodents ?  As humans we are the superior beings and can act in anyway we see fit over the less equipped ones. Isn't that the way nature is supposed to work  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:04:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No. I`ve shot a lot of birds and squirrels, but i never got any thrill out of them dieing or being dead. That would be disturbing.

Then why do you do it, is somebody forcing you to kill these rodents ?  As humans we are the superior beings and can act in anyway we see fit over the less equipped ones. Isn't that the way nature is supposed to work  

I hunted them. What was missing was the enjoyment of watching them die or being dead, no music, or cheering or glorfication video, and it certainly wasn`t something that made me feel superior.

Superior beings, LOL. I think superiority is relative. I`ve been in the water with sharks, i can tell you the last thing i felt was superior.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:14:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I enjoy torturing fire ants!!!
Used to pull big gray ticks off dogs and pop them with BB gun..

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:25:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Nope, that's sick.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:32:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I killed many rats with extreme prejudice... just because
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:53:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Coyotes, Groundhogs and Crows.

But they were provoking me.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:59:30 AM EDT
[#22]
no, but I killed ants with a magnifying glass to watch them die
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:04:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, and you can too

That would be creepy, but the commentary keeps it light and manageable. "the telltale heart"

Check this mother out!

As a small child i went to pet a rabbit didnt know Jack Rabbit were aggresive...I was bitten twice...it has been war ever since I dont kill them to watch them die that is needless I kill them for food, fur(if they got worms) and FOR THE CHILDREN so no child may have to live through the horror of getting bitten by a cute bunny.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:05:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

for the training of being able to hit a small semi-fast moving target.....is all about training,,,,ever see the movie "the BIRDS"
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:08:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
One year I shot some rabbits and just left them. My dad said they didnt have enough meat to eat. I guess there was a huge population boom and a harsh winter - so there were a lot of scrawy, starving rabbits that winter.

Meat eating rabbits?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#26]
I shot a groundhog with a .17 HMR, great shot, about 250 ft. away, popped him right above the nose, slightly below the center of his eyes. I thought that was great, I finally shot something, I was officially "hardcore" I was only about 12 then, I hadn't bagged anything before.

I dunno, I shot a caged raccoon on my grandmothers property, it was really nasty though, it was caught in one of those cage traps and I was pretty afraid to let it out. I guess you could say I enjoyed it, but then again I was shooting a gun at the time, and who doesn't like that? I wasn't laughing my ass off, I just shot it, pretty sure a neck or head shot, and it was flopping around inside the cage till I put four more into it. (It was a .40)

The possum was pretty humorous, long story short my grandmother watches my bro and I put 10 rounds from an m4 and ten rounds from a WASR10 into a possum playing dead. I then tell my bro to hit the thing with a shovel to make sure its dead. The look on my grandmothers face was priceless!
That time I really didn't care, I got to shoot, I shot something with my rifle, a good day.

In all of these cases, the animals were pests to someone and their property. I cleaned up the problem, so I guess I had fun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#27]
A lot of people here seem to be shooting animals for no other reason then to kill them,but i guess i am sick because i enjoy it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:11:01 PM EDT
[#28]
NEVER, only to eat or if its causing a serious problem

people who kill things to watch them die have problems...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#29]
No.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I shot a bird in the head once when I was 13 with a paintball gun.  Hell of a good shot.  It flopped around till I shot it about 10 more times to kill it.  So since then I only kill what I'm going to eat.

My fucking friend did that with a paintball gun, and when it didn't die, he made me finish it.  I was so pissed at him.  I felt horrible.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes, the raccoons that attack my dog to get to his food, every porcupine I can find, and every rattlesnake I find.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Squirrels, but its personal.

oh MAN +1 I hate them so bad I bought a .17HMR just for those little pests.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn, post #2 was a man in Reno.
And how could anyone not like bunnies.  Ever hear of Easter!!!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#34]
No, there is no point to doing that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We do out at our place in Quincy, last time I was out there I saw 6 at one time that I couldn't get a shot on

Where at in Q-town? That's my growing-up place.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Do sperm count?

[lil' jon]skeet!skeet!skeet!skeet![/lil'jon]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#37]
tagged.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Yes, the raccoons that attack my dog to get to his food, every porcupine I can find, and every rattlesnake I find.

Why porcupines ?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Those are "reasons" and not just "to kill sumthin."

I will kill just about anything if there is a reason.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One year I shot some rabbits and just left them. My dad said they didnt have enough meat to eat. I guess there was a huge population boom and a harsh winter - so there were a lot of scrawy, starving rabbits that winter.

Meat eating rabbits?

No, the rabbits didn't have enough meat on them to be eaten by said hunter.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I've killed a fair number of critters for various reasons-for food, euthanasia, or because they were damaging pests (like the crows that prey on lambs at my friends' sheep farm).

I've felt bad about every single one.  A lot of aspects of hunting are enjoyable, but killing something that doesn't deserve it makes me feel sick every time.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why porcupines ?

They destroy trees, and my dog hasnt learned that porcupine=pain.  There are way too many of them.

And as far as rattlesnakes, when I even see them on the road when I am driving, I swerve to run them over.  It only too me getting bit once, now I go out of my way to kill the bastards.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top