Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2001 10:32:24 AM EDT
HCI has an article on their site stating CA has only registered 27,000 "assualt weapons" to date.  How many assualt weapons to you think are in the state?
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have heard estimates as high as 300,000 in the state. IIRC several "assault weapon" manufacturers have said that kalifornia used to be one of their biggest markets.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Now do some math and that is how many are buried in the ground out back ;)
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
HCI has an article on their site stating CA has only registered 27,000 "assualt weapons" to date.  
View Quote

Three quarters of the HCI scum couldn't define "assault weapon" anyway.  Well I say good, I'm happy to see SOME Californians are practicing civil disobedience.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Try at least to call 'em Sport-Utility-Rifles!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, here is my math on this subject.
PRK pop - 30 mil, NRA estimates about 60% the pop of US are gun owners, we'll round down to 50% for cali, that makes 15 mil owners. worst case has 1 gun per person. 15 mil guns. even if only 10% are AK's or AR's that had to be registered, that leaves 1.5 mil "sport-ute's". pretty good # i think. 27K/1.5 mil = 1.8% registered. boy i'm in anelite group. i sure feel so much safer in 2001.
CalGat out!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Now do some math and that is how many are buried in the ground out back ;)
View Quote

I can't help but agree with that.  [}:D]

I know for a fact that if I still lived out there, I would have taken these old sonobouy canisters that I have, placed individial weapons in them, sealed 'em and buried 'em. (with a silicate of course).

I am giving the average Kalifornian the benefit of the doubt and saying that they are smarter than the politicians that passed those stupid laws.

Regards....
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Compliance, I don need no stinkin compliance. My guns are not counted. F` EM, F`EM hard
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I sure am smarter than the fu#$en politicians who passed the law.Thanks for the compliment
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you guys know if that 27k figure includes the original RR89 registrants? If so, then it's only 17k this time as it was 10k the first time. No wonder I don't see any ARs at the range anymore.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#10]
GO GUN OWNERS IN KALI!!!  

This is great news.  I was worried, seeing all those posts about regestering last year.

{hehe} Like the ones who didn't regester were gonna talk about it. [;)]

Link Posted: 2/22/2001 4:18:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
HCI has an article on their site stating CA has only registered 27,000 "assualt weapons" to date.  How many assualt weapons to you think are in the state?
View Quote

How much do you want to bet that every person who registered one has another two or three stashed?
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 6:20:00 AM EDT
[#12]
27,000 and one!  I didn't register mine.  He! He! He!
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Register or dont register, these are not the only two options.
Take them out of state was my only option. If it becomes a national law then I will be a criminal and wont say a thing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#14]
...and we'll cover for ya.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#15]
A few years ago New Jersey's Gov. Florio banned possession of AW's.  They had to be turned in or rendered "inoperable".

At the time there was an estimated 250,000 weapons in NJ that fell into the AW category.

...two years after the ban, ONLY SIX WEAPONS had been turned in.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I've heard estimates more like 500k to 1Mil within the state.  It was the #1 purchasing state for the banned rifles.

They are still counting and it should go a little over 27k.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow 27,000 semi-auto rifles legal by the US Constitution. Sounds to me like they found them all[:P].Maybe the ATF should start going door to door [;)].I mean they passed a law they are not afraid to enforce it are they [:P].The California State Government has the audacity to pass such a law that is unconstitutional, but will not enforce shows what a bunch of wimps they really are. The ATF won't go door to door because they will get their butts whipped in about a half a day.I'm glad that all the weapons were turned in so the ATF will not have to do their honorable job of looking for illegal weapons.This is like a law being passed to make slavery illegal.Lets say there are 500,000 known slaves traceble by previous slave purchases because each slave had a number identifying each slave. About 27,000 slaves were set free and this was documented by slaves going to a processing office with former slave owner to release slave into freedom. The rest of the 473,000 slaves are not accounted for after a given time period after deadline was set. So what do you think a morally just government would do? I think the whole of the people would be behind the government in helping the slaves set free by any means possible. If the SB23 was so just and Constitutionally legal their would be no outcry if the government went door to door to collect these weapons. Well the law in California is neither just or Constitutionally legal.So basically what I'm saying is the California State Government members that voted for this bill to be passed are traitors and that the ATF has no honor.I'm proud of my job disarming the American Citizens.If you really believe in your job and the law in California why don't you try going door to door. Yeah, you are not, just what I thought.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Matt D - Don't forget, the California regs you're referring to won't be enforced by the BATF.  The BATF is federal.  They couldn't care less if "assault weapons" are registered per state law.  They won't be going door-to-door in Cali.  It's the state and local LE who will given the task of enforcing Cali's BS assault weapon registration laws.  Sad to say, but in California, the federal gun laws are much more gun-friendly than the state's laws.

As much as I am not a fan of the BATF, we have to put blame where blame belongs.  If I was a California resident, I'd be more wary of the CHP, LAPD, San Fran PD, San Diego PD, LA County SD, etc. than I would of the BATF.

Aside from that, I'm glad to see only 27,000 AWs have been registered.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#19]
A friend from East Germany told me this saying:

Why do the Romanians pour oil in their flowerboxes?

To keep the guns from rusting.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#20]
BMANSAR15 thankyou for correcting me. I feel sorry for the law enforcement officers in police departments, highwaypatrol,and sheriff departments. There are alot of good men and women in those departments who actually do alot of good for the community and state. I don't want to put them in the same group with the ATF agents who go into the job knowing that one of their main job functions is to disarm constitutionally abiding citizens.I think if the state law enforcement agencies were told to go to residences homes to retrieve guns that were not registered they should rethink their careers. They could get jobs in other states, go back to school, find other employment. I don't buy the excuse that oh I have to do what they tell me to do because its my job. Well you can uphold the 2nd Amendment and ideals of our Founding Fathers or you can support unconstitutional law.Saying are doing searching for semi-automatic weapons because it is their job is like saying the German guards in the concentration camps of WWII had no choice. Dying for what is right is a choice or going to the front lines was a choice.You have a choice in everything you do in life. The question is are you willing to pay the price for what is right and just.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Those that didn't register only suceeded in hurting the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Someone that does not believe in registering their weapons does not "damage" the 2nd Amendment.  That is nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#23]
You're welcome Matt D. for the clarification and I completely agree with your second post.  We all have choices and decisions to make in life, and we must be prepared to accept the consequences of those choices/actions.  This includes police officers and government officials.  The "I'm just doing my job" line does not absolve one from the consequences of making the choice to commit a wrong and following through with the action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top