Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 7:30:28 PM EDT
I am going to build walk in vault in the basement big enough to store all of my guns, ammo, supplies, etc. I am going to do it right with my dorm fridge, small TV, and a bench to work on my guns.

However, I don't want to keep all of my daily use guns in the vault. I want a small safe to put in the bedroom big enough to keep three or four long guns, four or five handguns, mags, and my wifes jewelry handy. I don't want to have to run back and forth up the stairs everday when I leave to lock up our home defense carbines in the basement.

Since this is going to go in the bedroom, I don't want another safe the size of an outhouse. I just need a good strong safe that can be moved up the stairs and bolted down once in place.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Cannon makes one that is about 5 feet tall and 2 deeo and 2 wide.  I've got one it fits about 4-5 Rifles and lotsa of shelves.  Runs about $1000 but and it is a big BUT they have an outstanding warranty.  Anyone tries to break into it or your house burns down they will replace it free of charge.  Forget your combo and they will send someone out to unlock it.  Great safe better fire rating then any I could find.  I love mine.  Just wish I would have bought a bigge one cause my collection is growing.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Cannon makes one that is about 5 feet tall and 2 deeo and 2 wide.  I've got one it fits about 4-5 Rifles and lotsa of shelves.  Runs about $1000 but and it is a big BUT they have an outstanding warranty.  Anyone tries to break into it or your house burns down they will replace it free of charge.  Forget your combo and they will send someone out to unlock it.  Great safe better fire rating then any I could find.  I love mine.  Just wish I would have bought a bigge one cause my collection is growing.

That sounds promising. The size sounds almost perfect as I am considering building a fake corner cabinent around the safe to make it stealthy and make the room look better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top