Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:56:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#1]
i would love to have something like that minus the pot of course..
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn if that isn't ingenius.  The only problem is you have a 50% chance of keeping a secret if only 2 people know, and a zero % chance of keeping it a secret if 3 or more people know.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, how'd they get caught?
That would make an awsome vault
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
It sucks that the capitalism hating authorities shut them down.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy crap!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It sucks that the capitalism hating authorities shut them down.

You know those guys really were the essense of capitalism, weren't they?

edited to add: The Hydraulic door is sweet
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Wonder how they masked the electric bill. Jacuzzi or heated pool perhaps?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Man! That would make such a sweet war room!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#9]
WHat do you think that cost to build?  $50K?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice security door.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]
dollars to donnuts that house will go up for sale and someone will buy it. if i lived in the area the first thing i would do would to be to start asking questions about the possibility of it going up on auction eventually.

as to getting caught. selling large quantities of drugs is not something that you can keep a secret for long. one person in the chain gets popped by feds, gets choice of 15 years buttrate or ratting out someone in the chain.. whattayagonna do?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#12]
hmmm...where to put the gun rack?

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Now that is a shitload of ganja.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

as to getting caught. selling large quantities of drugs is not something that you can keep a secret for long. one person in the chain gets popped by feds, gets choice of 15 years buttrate or ratting out someone in the chain.. whattayagonna do?

That or his ex-wife/GF turned him in. It's always drugs, women or money.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#15]
wow!!!
very sweet, im so glad we are wasting money busting guys growing a plant, while our southern borders are a giant open door for hard drugs, terrorists, and other bad ilk.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the link, that was impressive.

That guy had to be paranoid to put that much work into it.  I imagine just acquiring the construction materials was done in a manner to not raise suspicion.

He had to have had quite a few guns too, if he was that paranoid about hiding the weed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Double it and you'd be in the ballpark.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep going. The lights alone would cost you $50K. Electrical service, HVAC, plumbing, foundation and frame work, etc...

I would guess maybe $250K-$400K depending on how elaborate it got.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Lotsa potential for a gunroom (and range).  Heck, I'll buy the place if it's cheap enough.     TN doesn't have state income tax either.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Now that is a shitload of ganja.

Make your eyes red just thinking about it, don't it?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep going. The lights alone would cost you $50K. Electrical service, HVAC, plumbing, foundation and frame work, etc...

I would guess maybe $250K-$400K depending on how elaborate it got.

I was thinking construction cost.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
He had to have had quite a few guns too, if he was that paranoid about hiding the weed.

That's an automatic doubling or tripling of penalties in many places. If he had any priors, a federal felony.

Can't say I'm sorry for him, he knew what he was doing was against the law and  the risks he was taking. I don't agree with the law, but I'm not going to cry over his arrest. He was making some bucks from the sound of the article.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#23]
If I had that kind of cash I would make an underground firing range capable of rifle rounds.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
dollars to donnuts that house will go up for sale and someone will buy it. if i lived in the area the first thing i would do would to be to start asking questions about the possibility of it going up on auction eventually.

Please let me know when the house is for sale.  I'll buy it and move there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Are you happy you just made me cry!  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I wonder what they told the guys that they hired to build  it.  Or maybe they were DIY and built it themselves.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Thanks for the link, that was impressive.

That guy had to be paranoid to put that much work into it.  I imagine just acquiring the construction materials was done in a manner to not raise suspicion.

Apparently not paranoid enough!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#28]
tag
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Thats awsome. To the bat cave!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

IIRC, thats one of the ways they got busted.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Too bad. These pictures give away the secret of the place too.  It will lose it resale value because everyone knows about it. Still valuable, but less so now.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats exactly how they got popped Dumb asses
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Um, Wow!

If this has been found out, imagine what they haven't found out there...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd think they'd have spent an extra $10,000 and bought a good, big, quiet generator to keep the utility bill down.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#35]
That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen.  I had saw an ad for an old missile silo once that was even better, but who could pass that up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen.  I had saw an ad for an old missile silo once that was even better, but who could pass that up.

They're still for sale if you've got the cash and the time to fix em' up.

www.missilebases.com/
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#37]
need auction info..seriously what county did this happen in?

eta..I see it was close to Nashville/Davidson co
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#38]
If the owner didn't have an offline power source, his power consumption would be a dead give away. Also, unless he did the work himself, that palce was no secret
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If the owner didn't have an offline power source, his power consumption would be a dead give away. Also, unless he did the work himself, that palce was no secret

I can't imagine he/they fabricated the HYDRAULIC STEEL DOOR themselves.  I don't see how anything like this could be a secret for long.

As far as energy, though, I would have covered the place in solar panels, and had an underground diesel generator.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:22:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Pretty cool place, though like others have said you would have thought they would have figured out a better way to use electricity either generator or even a small windmill or solar panels.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.missilebases.com/

I want the one in Colorado.... Must check lottery ticket.  Last night's drawing was 213 million......  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Probably had a generator.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.missilebases.com/

I want the one in Colorado.... Must check lottery ticket.  Last night's drawing was 213 million......  

Too bad that website has the worst pictuers ever.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Now if one were to acquire a generator that ran off diesel in an area traditionally heated with #2 fuel oil (basically the same thing), I wonder how soon the feds would figure it out. Especially if the individual was smart, and used the generator only for the grow and paid a normal-looking electric bill for the rest of the house.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Kinda reminds me of Hogans Heroes the way the escape tunnel leads up to the rock. I think theirs led to a stump or something. Impressive none the less.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Great, another person behind bars for growing a plant that makes you feel good. Move over rapists and murderers we have to make room for the guy who grows weed.

If the guy had a brewery in his basment setup like that I bet you would want to be his friend.

My point is:

If you don't like drugs, more power to you.

If you don't use drugs, more power to you.

If you think alcohol use is ok and pot use is'nt, then your a f*****g moron.

If you want people that grow pot to go to prison, and you yourself use alcohol then your a POS hypocrite that should be lucky that your drug of choice is not outlawed.

If your a drinker wether it be recreational or habitual, would you want the government to tell you no, you can't drink that?

If you were a citizen of the U.S.A. and the government told you, no you can't own this/that type of firearm. Would you like that?

Bottom line is that there is a law and the guy broke it.  To bad you have to follow the laws that are unconstitutional/unfair, in order to be a respected citizen.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Now if one were to acquire a generator that ran off diesel in an area traditionally heated with #2 fuel oil (basically the same thing), I wonder how soon the feds would figure it out. Especially if the individual was smart, and used the generator only for the grow and paid a normal-looking electric bill for the rest of the house.

Kharn

With a few solar cells.  A long, long time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I wonder what that place will go for when it is auctioned.

I love the escape  hatch rock.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Great, another person behind bars for growing a plant that makes you feel good. Move over rapists and murderers we have to make room for the guy who grows weed.

If the guy had a brewery in his basment setup like that I bet you would want to be his friend.

My point is:

If you don't like drugs, more power to you.

If you don't use drugs, more power to you.

If you think alcohol use is ok and pot use is'nt, then your a f*****g moron.

If you want people that grow pot to go to prison, and you yourself use alcohol then your a POS hypocrite that should be lucky that your drug of choice is not outlawed.

If your a drinker wether it be recreational or habitual, would you want the government to tell you no, you can't drink that?

If you were a citizen of the U.S.A. and the government told you, no you can't own this/that type of firearm. Would you like that?

Bottom line is that there is a law and the guy broke it.  To bad you have to follow the laws that are unconstitutional/unfair, in order to be a respected citizen.

+1

Fuck the police, and the complicit lawmakers. They betray our trust everyday.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top