Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:06:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 2:10:36 PM EDT by IAMLEGEND]
Evolutionary biologists have had considerable trouble explaining the evolution of co-operative behaviour. The problem is that co-operation can always be exploited by selfish individuals who cheat. It seems that natural selection should always favour the cheats over the co-operators. Co-operation involves doing and receiving favours and this means that the opportunity to cheat and not return a favour is a very real possibility. Trivers (1971) tackled this problem and developed the theory of reciprocal altruism based on the idea that co-operation could evolve in species clever enough to discriminate between co-operators and cheats.

Tit-for-Tat

1. Never be the first to defect
2. Retaliate only after your partner has defected
3. Be prepared to forgive after carrying out just one act of retaliation
4. Adopt this strategy only if the probability of meeting the same player again exceeds 2/3

linkeroo

ETA:
"Experiments, using human players showed that they, generally, did not cooperate even when it should have been obvious that the other person was going to cooperate, just as long as you do."
linkeroo
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:15:34 PM EDT
To quote one of dennis miller's funniest lines from weekend update:

"What is Tat, where can I get it, and how do I trade it in for the other thing?"
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:17:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:

"What is Tat, where can I get it, and how do I trade it in for the other thing?"

LMFAO!!!

That’s not where I thought this thread would go (if anywhere) but that's pretty damn good!

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:20:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:

I would guess it's slang for money! That's one way to get tit.
Top Top