Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 11:18:54 AM EDT

break.com is notoriously wrong in their descriptions,  Any body know what is realy going on here

www.break.com/index/tiedheli23.html
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Those darned jelly doughnuts.  They get ya every time.

-James
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's been posted here before, I can't remember the details other than it was a test being done, not an actual chopper trying to take off.

Whoa, eidted for some bad quick typing

i figured so much,  i'm realy courious as to what they were testing
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont fly helo's, only planes but I think they were testing "ground resonance" or something like that. Basically if conditions are right the aircraft will tear itself apart. Maybe the rotorheads on the board can help explain. But no it wasnt just tied down and the pilot was trying to take off!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like some kind of maintenance high power turn that soiled somebodies drawers big time. If you listen real carefully you can hear somebody yell, oh shit, about the time it starts shaking and shutting down.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen that video several times on different sites.  Not sure if it's a test, or demonstration, but it's ground resonance.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I've seen this before too,  but I don't remember the exact details.  It's definitely a test fixture though.  Dr_Nimslow is probably right in that it's a ground resonance issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top