Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 11:18:14 AM EDT
I had it on when my wife asked me to go to the Corner Store, the only store available in our hood without getting in a car, and get some cash.
So, while I am at the ATM the managers son, all from Libiya, spots me and gets this look on his face that is kinda hard to discribe. He points at my shirt and chatters something in his native tounge. I look down and say, "well I am ain't I?" He then asks me where I obtained said shirt. When I told him AR-15.com he about shit. I then asked him if it was correctly spelled. he said yes it was and he chattered something again, only this time at the manager all the while pointing at my shirt. The manager gets this look on his face like he wants to say something nasty to me.
By this time I am done with my transaction and start heading out the door waving bye.

These folks have already banned my son from the store. They have also been convicted of selling meth from the store and lost the liquor licence for 45 days. I don't normally say much when I go in there which is not often but I am never rude.
I long for the days of old when the store was owned by a drunk old guy that could have cared less about anything.

Anyway, I just wanted to share.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#3]
watch your six

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
watch your six

Always.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Get a hold of M4arc on this board.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=91&t=312221
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#7]
If he gives you any lip, say "Oos kut, koosuh omik." It means, "Shut up, mother's c**t." If he speaks Arabic, he will be pissed, so be prepared. Also, hand him your money with your left hand, while looking him in the eye and smiling.

Cheers from 3rd Infantry, just back from Iraq.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If he gives you any lip, say "Oos kut, koosuh omik." It means, "Shut up, mother's c**t." If he speaks Arabic, he will be pissed, so be prepared. Also, hand him your money with your left hand, while looking him in the eye and smiling.

Don'a answer him if he asks if you are free on Friday night....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I made some "Kafer" (Infidel) stickers before I went to Afghanistan, but never end up putting them on anything.  I'm kind of glad that I didn't, as the folks I dealt with there were actually quite kind to me and that might not have been the case were I and my weapon adorned with the decals.

In the case of the t-shirt in the corner mart however, well done!

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have to get one of those shirts!

Might soon be coming to a site near you.  

Sweet
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope you only used the atm and didn't buy anything from themso they can  fund the 5th column.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woo!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#14]
something like that happened to me when I stopped for as at a truckstop one time.  I didn't mind at all.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

God knows there are MORE than enough people in Tampa who would take offense with that shirt!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#18]

BRAVO!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What's the significance of the left hand while smiling thing?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Same thing happen to me while wearing my IDF T-shirt a couple of years back.
I had several run-ins with the local Hajis. The BS out weighed the fun after a while so
I stopped wearing it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Right hand is for eating, left hand is for wiping.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't it that muslims only wipe their ass with their left hand therefore never eating using their left hand?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

First let me thank you for your service sir.

Second, the owner is a nice guy. It's the employee's that are somewhat militant.

Mr. Clean - I rarely buy anything from them as they price their stuff way to high. When I do make a purchase it is normally a pint of JD.
And yes I had them my money with my left hand just because I know it pisses them off and they can't expect an infidel to know any better.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Same thing happen to me while wearing my IDF T-shirt a couple of years back.
I had several run-ins with the local Hajis. The BS out weighed the fun after a while so
I stopped wearing it.

Ami James, form Miami Ink was in the IDF.  He's done an IDF tat for a guy on TV.  I wonder if he takes any shit.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#25]

3rd world, the Rest room is squat and drop...they use their left hand to take care of below the belt functions.....using the left hand would have shit on it...... big insult. THat is why they cut of a thieves right hand..no on will have contact with him..an in home suspension, sort of.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe it's that in Arab countries, they would wipe their asses with their left hand.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#28]
A good story, but I have a question:

Why do you continue to patronize a store that has banned your son, and has a track record of being on the wrong side of the law?  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
A good story, but I have a question:

Why do you continue to patronize a store that has banned your son, and has a track record of being on the wrong side of the law?  

Because I would have to get in my car and drive down to Vons to get anything. The traffic is horrible and there are too many people.
Also, as I have stated I normally just use their ATM or buy a pint about once every two months or so.
Its a small price to pay for the ease of use.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I wear mine to go shopping as often as I can.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#31]
i definitely have to get one of those shirts!

ps  the store owners are COCKSUCKERS!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Why'd yer son get banned? If you dont mind me asking....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#33]
They are meth dealers and you are the scumbag just because you are not a Muslim?. Point that out to them next time.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The guy at the counter short changeed him and my son threatened to kick his ass. (my son is 6' 4" and 240#)
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy at the counter short changeed him and my son threatened to kick his ass. (my son is 6' 4" and 240#)

JERRY!  JERRY!  JERRY!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't suppose LifeLiberty will offer savings of one buys more than a couple shirts? I was looking there the other day (linked to from a webcomic I surf weirdly enough, though I have it bookmarked anyways) and my wallet felt lighter just by looking, my poor canuckastan money does not go far enough in freedom dollars
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#37]
My son now tells me that the guy, (Uncle/Dad?) is ex Libyan Army. Supposed to be some kind of bad ass SF type thing. My son also told me that the guy has something of a temper and that I should be careful.
This is not the same guy that banned him. That was the guy that was selling meth. He is now in prison playing host to bubba and his friends.

Mind you I have minimal contact with these guys. I see them maybe once a week and then its from a distance.
I am not worried in the least, just curious as to how this will play out in the future.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Group Buy on these?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
My son now tells me that the guy, (Uncle/Dad?) is ex Libyan Army. Supposed to be some kind of bad ass SF type thing. ..

Lybia has space shuttle door gunners?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top