Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:44:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 3:45:33 AM EDT by cheaptrickfan]
Just passing this along to all the Neil Young fans...

Of course, if you don't like Neil Young, then don't bother posting some dumb-assed reply to my post because there are other threads you could waste your time with - like the Glock/Kaboom thread, or the Dubai/Port thread, or... well, nevermind. You know what I'm talking about.

WCTR Radio.com wants to celebrate the "spring" of a new year - and what better way to show our Rock-N-Roll spirit than promote a true rarity of rock.
We are giving away 10 - that's right TEN copies of "NEIL YOUNG: Time Fades Away" to rock in the spring of 2006 (this contest will run for ten days!).

Wha? You say you've never heard of "TIME FADES AWAY"??? Wellll..... let me school ya - - Neil Young's 1973 Time Fades Away is one of the most remarkable live albums ever recorded. At the time of release, it was almost unprecedented for an artist to release a live concert recording of previously unreleased material. Long out of print on vinyl, still unavailable on CD, the album is considered to be the "Holy Grail" of all Neil Young albums.

"Time Fades Away" is the first installment of the trio of albums known as the "Ditch Trilogy" [along with his two other early 1970's materpieces Tonight's The Night and On The Beach]. The edgy moody darkness of recording and brilliantly erratic song selection offer the portrait of the artist undergoing a deep catharsis and unraveling simultaneously. The tension is so palpable on the recordings that most listeners turned away -- or worse -- ignored completely. (hmmmm.... kinda' sounds familier, doesn't it?!!!)

The "Time Fades Away" tour took place in the aftermath of Crazy Horse guitarist Danny Whitten's death. Danny had been trying to kick a heroin habit and was fired by Neil, who gave him an airline ticket home and fifty bucks to tide him over. The next day Danny was dead of an overdose and Neil was clearly devastated by the news. As the stress of the tour and grief over Danny's death sank in, Neil's concerts became more and more ragged and raw.

If you want a true piece of history, and are a Neil Young fan - AND want to win this mega-rare release, drop an email to request@wctrradio.com with the subject line "NEIL YOUNG" and we will pick ten random winners from all entries.

WCTR Radio.com - - tune in, turn it up, and rock out!!!

--------------
WCTR - CHEAP TRICK RADIO
Playing America's Greatest Band 24/7/365.25
Listen: http://www.wctrradio.com
Email: request@wctrradio.com
--------------
WCTR Radio is not affiliated with Cheap Trick, TrickInt'l,
Big3, Epic, Sony, et al. WCTR is a fan-based broadcast.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:46:20 PM EDT
Since I don't have anything nice to say about Neal Young...........

bump
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 3:46:46 AM EDT by cheaptrickfan]

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Since I don't have anything nice to say about NEIL Young...........

bump

Fixed it for ya!!!!

(sorry, not tryin' to be a jerk!)

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:50:01 PM EDT
Thanks! This is awesome and I would want to apply but . . . being a true Rustie I already have a rare copy!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:04:30 PM EDT
bump
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:11:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:13:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 8:15:33 PM EDT by cheaptrickfan]

Originally Posted By Roland_O_Gilead:
Thanks! This is awesome and I would want to apply but . . . being a true Rustie I already have a rare copy!

You are one LUCKY Mo-Fo!!!

Until today, I never heard of this album! Of course, I'm only an outsider in the Neil Young fanbase, so I'm sure there's stuff I've never heard. Nevertheless.... I absoutely LOVE his music!! Only in the past 4 or 5 years have I really started listening to his material, and all I can say to my fellow "anti-neil" friends - this man is A-FUCKIN-MAZING!!!

eta.........

"Don't Be Denied"

When I was a young boy,
My mama said to me
Your daddy's leavin' home today,
I think he's gone to stay.
We packed up all our bags
And drove out to Winnipeg.

When we got to Winnipeg
I checked in to school.
I wore white bucks on my feet,
When I learned the golden rule.
The punches came fast and hard
Lying on my back
in the school yard.

Don't be denied, don't be denied.

Well pretty soon I met a friend,
He played guitar.
We used to sit
on the steps at school
And dream of being stars.
We started a band,
We played all night.

Oh Canada
We played all night
I really hate to leave you now
But to stay just wouldn't be right.
Down in Hollywood
We played so good

The businessmen crowded around
They came to hear the golden sound
There we were on the Sunset Strip,
Playing our songs
for the highest bid.
We played all night
The price was right.

Well, all that glitters isn't gold
I know you've heard
that story told.
And I'm a pauper
in a naked disguise
A millionaire
through a business man's eyes.
Oh friend of mine
Don't be denied.

and...............

"Journey Through The Past"

When the winter rains
come pourin' down
On that new home of mine,
Will you think of me
and wonder if I'm fine?

Will your restless heart
come back to mine

On a journey thru the past.
Will I still be in your eyes
and on your mind?

Now I'm going back to Canada
On a journey thru the past
And I won't be back
till February comes

I will stay with you
if you'll stay with me,
Said the fiddler to the drum,

And we'll keep good time
on a journey thru the past.
When the winter rains
come pourin' down

On that new home of mine,
and on your mind?

and on your mind?

and......................

"Love In Mind"

Woke up this morning
with love in mind
It was raining outside
but my love still shined
Kept me warm
till my plane touched the sky

And I've seen love
make a fool of a man
He tried to make a loser win.
But I've got nothing to lose
I can't get back again.

Man made rules
been holdin' back my love
Can't hold it back no more.
Churches long preach sex is wrong
Jesus where is nature gone?
What am I doing here?
What am I doing here?
What am I doing here?

Woke up this morning
with love in mind
It was raining outside
but my love still shined
Kept me warm
till my plane touched the sky

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:53:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 7:56:07 PM EDT by 95thFoot]
Dang- I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue- I thought the thread title was "Neil Young- GO away"....

ETA: He's put out some neat songs over the years. And he liked Nixon!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:58:15 PM EDT
Damn..... I did NOT post this to get shit - okay!!!

If you DO NOT LIKE Neil Young, then please, don't waste your time making posts. Okay??

IF YOU LIKE NEIL YOUNG -- then by all means, make a worth while post to acknowledge a man that is a true ICON in Music. Neil is a composer.... writer... entertainer - Neil is AWESOME!!!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:17:49 PM EDT
Oh God , my ears hurt just reading this thread.....all Neil Young albums, cassettes, 8-tracks, CD's must be destroyed with fire.

Neil Young's singing style was greatly influenced by that late-great crooner of yesteryear.....Alfalfa of "Our Gang".
Neil has spent a lifetime trying to master the soft melodic tones of his mentor's greatest hit " I'm In The Mood for Love".
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:21:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GoVol98:
Oh God , my ears hurt just reading this thread.....all Neil Young albums, cassettes, 8-tracks, CD's must be destroyed with fire.

Neil Young's singing style was greatly influenced by that late-great crooner of yesteryear.....Alfalfa of "Our Gang".
Neil has spent a lifetime trying to master the soft melodic tones of his mentor's greatest hit " I'm In The Mood for Love".

I'm sorry, I don't think Young's singing represents a high point in western civilization but his music moves me all the same. Please don't shit all over something that I take great joy in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:24:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Roland_O_Gilead:

Originally Posted By GoVol98:

I'm sorry, I don't think Young's singing represents a high point in western civilization but his music moves me all the same. Please don't shit all over something that I take great joy in.

+87
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:25:40 PM EDT
Neil Young is a drug addled idiot that cant sing.

We dont need him around anyhow
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:34:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Um..... would you rather listen to Neil Young - or "Jennny From The Block" !!!!!

Neil Young is a GIANT among... nevermind.........
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:40:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

hey, i like his music and so does samson .

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:52:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 8:54:36 PM EDT by cheaptrickfan]

Originally Posted By captainpooby: Neil Young is a drug addled idiot that cant sing.

excuse me.... but my post was an FYI type of thing, and if the info is accuate, then the "prize" is from 1973 - hardly an "addled idiot" time-frame.

Even if NEIL was on 'cid, or horse, or BEER!!! -- you cannot deny his talent. Neil was and IS an amazing artist.

If you don't like him or his music - - LEAVE THIS THREAD!! Quit waisting your time on something so insignificant. I suggest you visit a more productive site, like Maxim.com!!!!

eta - NEIL said he will meet you out back and will kick your ass!!!
Top Top