Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:41:12 PM EDT
There's an awful lot of stuff on e-betray that I suspect is stolen - wireless phones in nearly new condition withou the sim cards or chargers, etc.

Any youse copper-types know the answer?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:41:45 PM EDT
A lot!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:47:04 PM EDT
check all the fine print..
alot of it is not even real. weird how ebay lets them get away w all this... its turning out to be a big scam place in some of the sales
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:52:02 PM EDT
I've worked a few e-bay scams with criminals in my city, IMHO there's more scams than stolen property.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:59:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 8:00:43 PM EDT by Tango7]
The wife worked for W.W. Grainger several years ago.

They once busted one of their assistant branch managers who was claiming a shipment of $1,200 fluke meters and scopes as "damaged in transit" and then selling them on EBray.

The idiot used his personal (traceable) e-mail addy, as well as listing the S/N's of the items he had claimed on the damage manifest in the ad.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:04:04 PM EDT
I don't know, but I DO know that listing stolen items on one of the most frequented sites in existence is some powerful stupid.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:41:18 AM EDT
I was once bidding on a computer on ebay a couple of years back. As I was reading the desciption and looking at the pictures, I noticed the computer had Asset tags from my company on it. Not only that, the CDs that were included were made by me - I knew the handwriting! Turns out the guy was selling all sorts of crap from us - it goes without saying he got canned.
Top Top