Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:02:19 PM EDT
Got a friend trying to trade a handgun from someone over the internet for the first time. I don't live in his state (Wisconsin), so I gots to ask: is there any specail state prohibitions on shipping a handgun from a non-FFL (i.e., him shipping from UPS) to an FFL, or does a Wisconsin FFLer have to send it to the other FFL holder?

Also, of lesser importantce, my understanding is that cheeseheads do not need a special permit to purchase like Minnesotans do, although there is a 48-hour waiting period for handguns. Correct?

Searches didn't help so I braved the General forums. Thanks for help.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:03:59 PM EDT
pistol is always ffl to ffl when its done for the pourposes of selling or trading when done through the mail...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:11:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 5:10:37 PM EDT by OBird]

Originally Posted By BURN:
pistol is always ffl to ffl when its done for the pourposes of selling or trading when done through the mail...

Oh, oops. I've actually never done it either, I just assumed it was the same as it is for rifles. Never mind.

So basically he just has to:

- have other trading guy send him a copy of his FFL's license to his home address/send his own FFL's copy to this guy's home address

- take the handgun to an FFL holder and give the guy the address of/FFL copy for the ship-to FFL

- wait for new child to arrive

Correct?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:06:04 PM EDT
Top Top