Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 4:02:19 PM EDT
Got a friend trying to trade a handgun from someone over the internet for the first time. I don't live in his state (Wisconsin), so I gots to ask: is there any specail state prohibitions on shipping a handgun from a non-FFL (i.e., him shipping from UPS) to an FFL, or does a Wisconsin FFLer have to send it to the other FFL holder?

Also, of lesser importantce, my understanding is that cheeseheads do not need a special permit to purchase like Minnesotans do, although there is a 48-hour waiting period for handguns. Correct?

Searches didn't help so I braved the General forums. Thanks for help.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
pistol is always ffl to ffl when its done for the pourposes of selling or trading when done through the mail...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
pistol is always ffl to ffl when its done for the pourposes of selling or trading when done through the mail...

Oh, oops. I've actually never done it either, I just assumed it was the same as it is for rifles. Never mind.

So basically he just has to:

- have other trading guy send him a copy of his FFL's license to his home address/send his own FFL's copy to this guy's home address

- take the handgun to an FFL holder and give the guy the address of/FFL copy for the ship-to FFL

- wait for new child to arrive

Correct?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top