Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 3:27:05 PM EDT
No its not for me unless after 16 years you can get it annulled. Anyway is there a certain time frame to get a marriage annulled after the wedding
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:30:47 PM EDT
thanks for keeping us updated
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:41:21 PM EDT
Your Welcome!

Its a curiousity thing.

So do you have an answer
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:54:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 3:56:08 PM EDT by JoeWang]

Originally Posted By zeekh:
Your Welcome!

Its a curiousity thing.

So do you have an answer

I don't think there was a civil annullment process in any state I've lived in.

Some Christian sects have annullments for cause, but that is a religious vs. civil function and won't get you out of paying child support.

ETA you could claim you are a muslim, and that you are offended by a no annullment process. That would probably get you further than any legitimate claims.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:04:14 PM EDT
I think there are different types and they are based on time and condition. I think you can annul within 7-30 days for just about any reason. Then there are annulments that can be like a year out if the was an unknown, pre-existing, condition like drug addiction (sp?). It also depends on thne state you're in and I'm talking about legal annulments. I don't know anything about all the religious issues.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:13:22 PM EDT

No its not for me unless after 16 years you can get it annulled. Anyway is there a certain time frame to get a marriage annulled after the wedding

Are you referring to an annullment like Britney Spears got with her 55-hour "marriage" or are you referring to a religious annullment?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:48:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 4:49:11 PM EDT by 9X19]
For a legal annulment, not a religious annulment, check the statutes in the state where the person lives. One of my in-laws made a mistake, and then wised up and didn't consummate the marriage. He was going to divorce her and I suggested after looking up the law in his state, that he try to get an annulment. One usually must have grounds for an annulment, i.e. bigamy, fraud, etc. My in-law was granted an annulment in much less time than a divorce would take also. In many states, the state statutes are online so you can get a general idea of what grounds there are for an annulment in the particular state. Consult a divorce and/or family law attorney.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:17:08 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies. My son is getting married without giving the whole thing alot of thought. The woman has lots of credit card debt, treats him like crap, & a 13 y/o crazy daughter that shows him NO respect but he isn't allowed to repremand, and the list goes on. This would be a legal annullment. He doesn't see the hand writting on the wall with this woman. Sometimes kids just don't listen
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:01:20 PM EDT

Thanks for the replies. My son is getting married without giving the whole thing alot of thought. The woman has lots of credit card debt, treats him like crap, & a 13 y/o crazy daughter that shows him NO respect but he isn't allowed to repremand, and the list goes on. This would be a legal annullment. He doesn't see the hand writting on the wall with this woman. Sometimes kids just don't listen

Nothing beats experience as a teacher.

He'll learn.
Top Top