Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 2:33:45 PM EDT
is it?

i had a freind tell me this (hes a dumbass) but i didnt want this to be the only thing he got right.

the reason i ask is beacuase according to the ATF shoestrings and machine guns
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
No

FREE
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No

FREE

cool. i am going to assume form your avatar that you are in the mil. these are training grenade pins, but i keep a couple because "when you need a grenade pin, you NEED a grenade pin"
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
hope not I've got a BUNCH!

But no, they sell them with the body and inert fuse as "Complaint Department Take A Number" gags everyday!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#4]
If they are, explain the thousands of "dummy" gernades for sale everywhere that have pins in them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got something similar as a keychain.

Everybody does.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]
No, some CMA/ASPs (Central Magazine and Ammo Supply Point) require unit to turn pin or spoons in as proof of use.  However they just send them to DRMO afterwards.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got bomb pin off of an A-10 from the first Gulf War. Plus a couple of inert rounds from it's gun. Not to mention an AT-4 launcher. No ATF raid....yet haha.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's a cotter pin and a pull ring.  You can make your own from the contents of any hardware store.

-Troy

Oh sure, but would they be Mil-Spec?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No, some CMA/ASPs (Central Magazine and Ammo Supply Point) require unit to turn pin or spoons in as proof of use.  However they just send them to DRMO afterwards.

i think thats where it came from. something about turning in spoons.
I just anwsered "there is no spoon"
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Only if it is not attached to a live grenade.

Feel lucky... in the PRK, it is illegal to own a dummy grenade now!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's a cotter pin and a pull ring.  You can make your own from the contents of any hardware store.

-Troy

+1
We call em split pins and pull rings. Buy em anywhere.
Ban them for the children

Taffy
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#13]
No, but the holders are an NFA item.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Troy

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Really cgj, that was the perfect.  You get a gold star for quick whit!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yep, that's the only 'control' that I'm aware of on grenade pins. My unit insisted on getting back 1 pin for each grenade that was used.

I always wondered what kept someone from replacing the pin with...oh... a straightened paperclip and turning the pin back in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#16]
No, as far as I know, small cotter pins with metal rings are still completely legal to own.....

till the libtards find out

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#17]
no it's not illegal.

However I strongly advise you against holding both parts of a grenade ( one in each hand ) for a prolonged ( more than 1 sec ) period of time
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

-Troy

You can make a grenade pin. Next I bet you'll tell us we can make hamburger.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#19]
anybody go into Canada with a gredade pin on the floor of the car?  I know they get all bent out of shape with empty brass under the seat or on the floor .
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#20]
dummy grenades at the surplus store have the pin and rings

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Troy

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Really cgj, that was the perfect.  You get a gold star for quick whit!

Once in a while I can be an ass and get away with it.  Usually I'm just an ass.  

Thanks though.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top