Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:23:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I know you're gonna think this a crazy but I just got a message from base over the CRM 114. It decodes as Wing Attack plan R. R for Romeo.

Goldie, did you say Wing Attack, plan R?

Yes Sir, I have.

Goldie, how many times have I told you guys that I don't want no horsin' around on the airplane?

makes you wonder what kind of "horsin' around" they did???
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Slim Pickins: "YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!"

+1

<-----------------------------------------
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:40:15 AM EDT
[#3]
"Oh, and sug?  Don't forget to say your prayers."
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#4]

...oh, you're going have a little wash and brush up, are you? What a good idea. Always did wonders for a man, that, Jack. A little wash and brush up. Water on the back of the neck, and... makes you feel marvelous. That's what we need, Jack! Water on the back of the neck and the code. Now, ... now supposing I play a little guessing game with you, Jack, boy. Ripper shuts washroom door. I'll try and guess... I'll try and guess what the code is, a gun shot rings out from within the washroom.

That just always cracked me up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:42:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I like everything that George C. Scott say, but my favorite line was "Why didn't you post this in the movie forum?"
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:50:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I like everything that George C. Scott say, but my favorite line was "Why didn't you post this in the movie forum?"

because it's not a movie topic.  it's a GD topic.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:53:56 AM EDT
[#7]
"Your commie has no respect for human life, not even his own!"

General Jack D. Ripper
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:16:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I saw a bio-pic of Peter Sellers, and according to it, Sellers was originally supposed to play a FOURTH part in the movie -- the pilot.  But he didn't want to, so he faked a broken leg so that they would have to replace him.

I heard that he actually was going to play the 4th role, but simply had too much on his plate as it was and was on the edge of a complete nervous breakdown and that's why he didn't do the 4th.

And yes, the Vegas thing was originally Dallas, but because of the JFK thing, they changed it.

More interesting Strangelove trivia:

When they got Pickens to do the role of Kong, they didn't tell him the movie was a black comedy/satire. He did the entire role believing he was in a serious war movie. Keep that in mind the next time you watch it -- it makes it even funnier.

Also, Kubrick asked the USAF if he could check out the inside of a B-52 before he made the movie so that he could make a set, and they said no. So he made the set based off of some concept drawings from a Popular Mechanics, reference to older and other planes and his imagination. After the movie came out, the DoD and USAF demanded to know how he got access to one of their B-52s. Apparently, he did a decent job.

Also, when Scott's character is talking about the Russian ambassador seeing the "big board" and he falls down and does a roll back onto his feet -- that was a complete accident that Kubrick decided to keep because it was so ridiculous.

I love that movie.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:49:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw a bio-pic of Peter Sellers, and according to it, Sellers was originally supposed to play a FOURTH part in the movie -- the pilot.  But he didn't want to, so he faked a broken leg so that they would have to replace him.

I heard that he actually was going to play the 4th role, but simply had too much on his plate as it was and was on the edge of a complete nervous breakdown and that's why he didn't do the 4th.

That's how the movie portrayed it.  Despite Sellers trying to refuse, Kubrick wouldn't let him out of his contract to do the fourth part.  Sellers was falling apart, whining on the phone to someone else (maybe his mother, whom the movie portrayed as a total monster) about how he just couldn't do it.  Then, in the movie anyway, Sellers showed up "ready" to play the role of the pilot, in full uniform, with helmet, plus a huge plaster cast on one leg and hobbling in on crutches.

Quoted:
Also, when Scott's character is talking about the Russian ambassador seeing the "big board" and he falls down and does a roll back onto his feet -- that was a complete accident that Kubrick decided to keep because it was so ridiculous.

Maybe, maybe not:
www.opinionjournal.com/la/?id=110005898

A Bombardier's Reflection
The 40th anniversary of "Dr. Strangelove" prompts some Cold War reminiscences.

BY JAMES EARL JONES
Tuesday, November 16, 2004 12:01 a.m. EST

George C. Scott had some really difficult experiences with the director. George was headstrong by nature. It is what fueled his particular talent. Stanley was very much the same kind of man. The irresistible force met the immovable object when Stanley asked George to do over-the-top performances of his lines. He said it would help George to warm up for his satiric takes. George hated this idea. He said it was unprofessional and made him feel silly. George eventually agreed to do his scenes over-the-top when Stanley promised that his performance would never be seen by anyone but himself and the cast and crew. But Kubrick ultimately used many of these "warm-ups" in the final cut. George felt used and manipulated by Stanley and swore he would never work with him again.

Quoted:
I love that movie.

+1
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Miss Scott: It's 3 o'clock in the morning!

General "Buck" Turgidson: Weh-heh-heh-ll, the Air Force never sleeps.

Miss Scott: Buck, honey, I'm not sleepy either...

General "Buck" Turgidson: I know how it is, baby. Tell you what you do: you just start your countdown, and old Bucky'll be back here before you can say "Blast off!"
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top