Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 12:24:43 PM EDT
I'd be screwed nowadays as I used to draw all kids of guns and battle scenes during class.

Kids don't have  achance these days...
----------------------------------------------
www.azcentral.com
Note about guns is found in desk at Scottsdale school

Scottsdale Republic
Feb. 23, 2006 10:15 AM

Police were called to Cheyenne Traditional School this morning after a teacher found a note in a student's desk saying that he had guns.

No threat was made, however police are at the school talking to students about the seriousness of the note, said Keith Sterling, a spokesman for Scottsdale Unified School District.

Cheyenne, located at 11130 E. Cholla St., has students in kindergarten through eighth grade and is considered a school of choice, meaning parents opt to send their students there instead of their neighborhood school.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
what is a "traditional" school?  sounds like a sneaky way of calling it liberal
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
No crime committed.  No lives put in danger.

What exactly are the police investigating here?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Ban notes, for the children!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
they're investigating nothing. sounds to me like some wise kid out there who knows precisely the kind of paranoia going around lately and decided to be a smartass and leave a note to stir shit up.......

I think it's time for school faculties to calm down already. Kids are smarter than people give them credit for and they'll easily take advantage of stituations where paranoia and concern is elevated.

Believe me I know, I did a shitload of hellraising when I was in high school. got me suspended twice and detained by the police once.

The catch is though, is there really any true danger? answer: most likely not(95%).
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember in the first grade we used to have to draw pictures of things for every letter of the alphabet when we were learning to write our ABC's.

Now, I didn't grow up in a gun friendly household. I lived with my mother and step father at the time and they both hated guns. I had an inexplicable attraction to them. It's been natural...my whole entire life.

Anyways, one day during our ABC drawings I did as many letters as I could for guns. B for Bullet (and drew a bullet), G for Gun (and drew a gun), M for Machine Gun (and drew a machine gun), P for pistol (and drew a pistol), R for rifle (and drew a rifle), etc. Well, when I turned it in the teacher was shocked. She wrote some note on it about how she was concerned by my fascination with violence and sent it home. When my mom sent me to live with my Dad she gave him that paper to give to my counselor (my Dad agreed to take me to counseling as part of the custody agreement) as evidence of my abhorently violent nature. I think that paper is still around somewhere too. Either my mom has it with all of my school papers or my Dad has it in my childhood medical records. I need to see if I can find that.

I never did go Columbine though.

Anyways...what were we talking about?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Why are schools trying so hard to suppress a boy's natural interest in weapons and warfare?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Zero tolerence.

Because school admin isn't smart enought to think, the legal folks are worried they will be sued, and most people who work for the schools are liberals.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Zero tolerence.

Because school admin isn't smart enought to think, the legal folks are worried they will be sued, and most people who work for the schools are liberals.

What he said.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#9]
It's Scottsdale.  They have nothing going on in Scottsdale, so this is their excitement for the day.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I am amazed at how many people here talk about freedm from the .gov  by moving to remote areas, stocking up on stuff, yet put thier childeren into the .gov brainwashing factory.

Start homeschooling your own kids. Instill into them your values, beliefs, and viewpoints.
.gov schools are failing to teach our kids to compete against people from other countries.

If you want to give your kids the best education possible, homeschool your kids and you won't have to worry about this type of garbage happening to your kids.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ban notes, for the children!

You must also ban the writing untensils and paper, for the children!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am amazed at how many people here talk about freedm from the .gov  by moving to remote areas, stocking up on stuff, yet put thier childeren into the .gov brainwashing factory.

Start homeschooling your own kids. Instill into them your values, beliefs, and viewpoints.
.gov schools are failing to teach our kids to compete against people from other countries.

If you want to give your kids the best education possible, homeschool your kids and you won't have to worry about this type of garbage happening to your kids.

Got to be careful what you tell your kids because others will think you are a racist.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#13]
fuck it, Ban the kids, for the children
Makes as much sense as these asshats that are ruining this country!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Zero tolerence.

What he said.

My wife works at a school.  I wonder what would happen if I put an NRA and a Sig Sauer on her rear window.  Hmmmmmmmm.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You must be one of them Doomsday cultists like David Koresh.

You ain't stocking up on .50 caliber sniper rifles for shooting down airplanes at the Armageddon are you? Teaching how to made cyanide Kool-aid in your home school are ya?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
what is a "traditional" school?  sounds like a sneaky way of calling it liberal

Don't you mean conservative?  It says traditional...

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Hasn't been too long since two elementary schoolers were suspended for making "guns" with their fingers and yelling "BANG!" at each other. They've probably graduated to mass murder by now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got to be careful what you tell your kids because others will think you are a racist.

Yeah kind of hard to be called that kids are 1/4 Navajo, 1/4 German,  1/4 Scottish, the other 1/4 American mix.

I suppose whatever beliefs you demostrate. then your kids will become that also.......kids pick up on the slightest things if you intended to teach them something or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top