Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 7:41:24 AM EDT
MAN! i thought anything could be found on the net but i have not been able to find out who actually makes this stuff and wholesales it out!!! major surplus & survival sells it as does sportsman's bullshit guide but they don't make it. anyone have an idea???

most of their stuff is kinda crappy but their molle pouches are frigging great! great chicom slave labor quality for a country peasant price...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:48:19 AM EDT
is this the stuff by the german firm STURM?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:50:41 AM EDT
Isn't that stuff Indian? Aren't they the company that makes all the old-school canvas duckcloth type bags and accoutrements?

(tag )
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:51:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 8:03:03 AM EDT by Fireguy3]
Koreans

They copied all types of U.S. Gear over the years, It's serviceable, their troops wear it.

At least i've tried some of it and it sees as durable as the U.S. stuff I've gotten.

That said sometimes the Workmanship is lacking but it's all highly useable.

Heck i even use a Olive green ALICE Buttpack, for my fishing gear, made by them and have a Copy of the a Maxpedition bag that was made by them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:56:26 AM EDT
MIL-SPEC PLUS™ Enhanced Tactical Gear

Could they possibly use any more adjectives to describe GEAR?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:27:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheFreepster:
is this the stuff by the german firm STURM?

no, that's "mili-tec" and that stuff is CRAP!

Originally Posted By macman37:
Isn't that stuff Indian? Aren't they the company that makes all the old-school canvas duckcloth type bags and accoutrements?

i don't think so; the tags inside say "made in china" and the material is all heavy duty cordura and plastic buckles.

check this stuff out at ms&s, sg, and "cheaper-than-dirt", it's all exact copies of blackhawk stuff! the vests i'm not too impressed with (the nylon mesh seems awfully delicate) but their pouches are frigging amazing!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:32:24 AM EDT
We sell a bunch of it at work. Hell, we ever have a Molle body armor/plate carrier that seems pretty kick ass. Thier little MOLLE pouches are neat.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:33:25 AM EDT
I believe it may be ROTHCO you are looking for. Linkage
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:04:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pcsutton:
I believe it may be ROTHCO you are looking for. Linkage

nah, their stuff's even crappier than sturms!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:06:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CFII:
We sell a bunch of it at work. Hell, we ever have a Molle body armor/plate carrier that seems pretty kick ass. Thier little MOLLE pouches are neat.

is that the plate carrier with the rack-type rig in front? nylon mesh back? i like the construction and the front material but that's the mesh i thought was kinda iffy to be lugging around sapi plates. i'm glad someone besides me has seen this stuff though!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:48:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 11:50:29 AM EDT by GySgtD]
I've purchased a couple Mil-Spec stuff from Major Surplus & Survival, directly from their store front in Gardena, CA.

While it obviously isn't as good as "the real stuff", it is considerably cheaper.

I like the modular sleep system, myself. $50 brand new. A "real" MSS would cost you three times that.

ETA> it was always my understanding that Major Surplus were the one's importing this stuff from whatever Chinese prison camp, but now I see that Sportsmans Guide is carrying it now also.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:29:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By numbers:
MIL-SPEC PLUS™ Enhanced Tactical Gear

Could they possibly use any more adjectives to describe GEAR?

They forgot eXtreme !
Top Top