Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 6:14:22 AM EDT
Portable On-Demand Storage

I'm curious. Good? Bad?

Any restrictions on what can be stored? Couldn't find it online...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Guy down the block has one.  Using it for storage while he puts on an extension.  I checked it out, seems pretty secure and solid.  It is like a shipping container with some ventilation on the top edge.  Home Depot rental center handled all the details.  Open ended month to month.  

I can't possibly imagine that there are restrictions on storage other than local laws and common sense, They parked it in his driveway, and have not been back since.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:31:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of them used around here in the past 18 months due to the hurricanes.

I haven't heard anything bad about them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep! They are all over the neighborhood due to hurricanes here (Pensacola/Milton area!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used one of their competitors, Door-to-Door Storage.  Generally good experience.  Their containers are smaller than the company you linked to, at least from what that webpage seems to show.

There are several companies doing it now.  Don't know which ones are in your area, but there were at least two others in Seattle, including an outfit called Shurgard.

D2D didn't allow guns, ammunition, gunpowder, or other explosives or flammables.  They also have the usual disclaimers about expensive artwork and stuff like that -- they don't want someone to scream that their twenty million dollar Rembrandt was ruined.  You'll have to check the contract of whomever you sign up with to find out what their specific restrictions are.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top