[#1]

NYS is fucked up....

yes...we realized this long ago...

eta:

Quoted:

Quoted:
NYS is fucked up....

Boy you are sure right about that.
Do you have to have a license to take a leak, too?

I could not live there.

damnit you beat me to it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#2]
If my kid did something so stupid as posting pictures of all my guns with such a stupid tag line ....I'd likely beat him within an inch of his life!

I don't feel bad for the kid. I feel bad for the Father for having his stupid kid bring the man into their home and cause trouble over his gunz!

If you display firearms in a public place whilst claiming to be the 'angel of death', you can expect to be aprehended and checked out. Don't believe me...go to a public place, wave a gun about and proclaim to be the 'angel of death'. Shortly thereafter, you will understand what I am saying.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:44:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NYS is fucked up....

Boy you are sure right about that.
Do you have to have a license to take a leak, too?
I could not live there.

If they could figure out a way to pass it, and it meant extra revenue for the state to help all the low life welfare trash, it would be done.

The state is turning into a sewer, and if Spitzer gets in (which is almost inevitable) I may be forced to move, sadly.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If my kid did something so stupid as posting pictures of all my guns with such a stupid tag line ....I'd likely beat him within an inch of his life!

I don't feel bad for the kid. I feel bad for the Father for having his stupid kid bring the man into their home and cause trouble over his gunz!

If you display firearms in a public place whilst claiming to be the 'angel of death', you can expect to be aprehended and checked out. Don't believe me...go to a public place, wave a gun about and proclaim to be the 'angel of death'. Shortly thereafter, you will understand what I am saying.

What he said.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I just deleted the Myspace photo of me holding my AR-15...

Guilty until proven innocent...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
At least he didn't build a fort.

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=323036&page=1

tinypic.com/1pas2f

tinypic.com/1patcn

....the HORROR!

I feel terrified by the image on my computer screen. Do I call my local police, YOUR local police, or the FEDS?  How about all three, just to make sure?

The real insanity is that some people would consider my sarcastic remarks as serious, and consider them reasonable!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

....the HORROR!

I feel terrified by the image on my computer screen. Do I call my local police, YOUR local police, or the FEDS?  How about all three, just to make sure?

The real insanity is that some people would consider my sarcastic remarks as serious, and consider them reasonable!

They are sheep. Easily spooked into running every which way.

The easiest way to not fall prey to wolves is to be smarter than the wolf by not letting yourself BECOME a sheep in the first place. You do not run to one pack of wolves to protect you from the other pack. You just end up in a different belly.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What a bunch of BS!! I cant believe that they are doing that to the kid. It sounds like he needs some counciling rather than a prison sentence. I dont see how  the schools punnish some one for something that happened off of school grounds? The schools are becoming more and more over run with the Lib mentality and corupting the youth with their thinking.

You do realize that zero tolerance precludes rational thinking? The school is just following the current trend.

Zero tolerance = zero thinking.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wow, thats pretty scary. I can't imagine how they'd flip out if they found my stuff. That's messed up, just because some soccer moms got scared, this kid gets fucked with. "Oh noes thats themz tec 9z!!!!!1111one!11" "Mommy Mommy I saw that kid at school who talks how he shot paper at his death range!!1!1!!!111, pweez awest him befow he kiws us awwl!"

That said he should be arrested just for using myspace!

+1, anybody who uses it for real is an ass explorer to the 11th power
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow, thats pretty scary. I can't imagine how they'd flip out if they found my stuff. That's messed up, just because some soccer moms got scared, this kid gets fucked with. "Oh noes thats themz tec 9z!!!!!1111one!11" "Mommy Mommy I saw that kid at school who talks how he shot paper at his death range!!1!1!!!111, pweez awest him befow he kiws us awwl!"

That said he should be arrested just for using myspace!

+1, anybody who uses it for real is an ass explorer to the 11th power

myspace should be banned...for the children
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Civil rights violation? It could easily be considered art, arresting him for it would be violating his freedom of speech. If his parent knew anything about it or consented there was no law broken. Where is the ACLU when they are really needed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#15]
It must be in the water up there
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
These myspace stories are getting funny.

Anybody caught with a pot plant yet?

Havn`t seen a plant yet, but there are plenty of pics showing hippy kids smoking a bong though.

I saw one kid advertising his drug deal operation
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#17]
You have to be 18 to posses a handgun i believe. That is probably why he was arrested; he had pictures of himself holding a handgun. But at the same time, I believe it is ok to possess a handgun with your parents permission at the age of 16. I'm not sure. However, the whole situation is kinda wierd.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_052233908/lg
More info

That image came from the Columbine Courier so I googled it and found that they have reader comment sections.  I pass these links along because we are known for our courteous and intelligent repartee.

The links are probably best left cold.

initial article and comments.
http://www.canyoncourier.com/story_display.php?sid=2289

a followup article and comments.
http://www.canyoncourier.com/story_display.php?sid=2353
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_052233908/lg
More info

That image came from the Columbine Courier so I googled it and found that they have reader comment sections.  I pass these links along because we are known for our courteous and intelligent repartee.

The links are probably best left cold.

initial article and comments.
http://www.canyoncourier.com/story_display.php?sid=2289

a followup article and comments.
http://www.canyoncourier.com/story_display.php?sid=2353

I stopped reading when I got to this point:

Several pictures on the site appeared to show the student posing with authentic weapons. One picture showed him lying on the floor with a pistol in each hand while nine rifles surrounded him.

One of the written entries said: “People suck and deserve to die. All authority can righteously, legally, physically kiss my [expletive].”

Lock 'em up!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh man.....I'm screwed!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One photo allegedly showed him lying on a floor surrounded by nine rifles with the caption, "Angel o' death on wings o' lead."

while the content was not a direct threat,

It appears that you guys have overlooked this part?

The kid called himself the Angel of Death on Wings of Lead and posed w/ firearms.

If the authorities had done nothing and the kid went off and shot his classmates you'd all be screaming for a lynching and talking about how this incident would hurt the pro-gun cause.

The article describes his webpage as being just a bit threatening, don't you think?

Is he a hunter?

You are right. If the authorities are aware of this kid, and do nothing, then he does something........... Even if there was no laws they had PC to believe were violated, people would be yelling that they did nothing.

But, if a 16 yo had been pictured in a car, and captioned it "party wagon", then died in a DUI crash, those same people would be lamenting the loss of such a fine young man in an accident.

It's all in the interpretation, his caption.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I think what gets all y'alls blood boilin is the line:  A 16-year-old boy was arrested
What I mean is.. Was the kid actually "arrested" or was he contacted by the police and maybe voluntarily went "downtown" to have a talk?
Newspaper writers are not legal experts and often use the wrong language to tell their stories...

Yes he was arrested. If he was my son and he posted pics of my guns on myspace.com the charges against him would be the least of his problems.

www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3537224

In Jefferson County, student Robbie Hill is being held at Mount View Detention Center and is charged with three misdemeanor counts of a juvenile in possession of a handgun, according to Pam Russell, spokeswoman for the Jefferson County district attorney's office.

Jefferson County deputies searched Hill's home Feb. 10 after receiving a tip from the teen's school

Advertisement

about pictures Hill posted of himself holding handguns.

"We believe the weapons were family weapons that he had access to," said Jim Shires, Jefferson County Sheriff's Office spokesman.

Hill was suspended from Evergreen High School on Feb. 10 when photographs and comments posted on his personal profile on MySpace.com circulated throughout the school community, said Jefferson County school district spokesman Rick Kaufman.

Hill is the second student to face scrutiny recently for content published on MySpace.com.

Bryan Lopez, 16, was suspended from Littleton High School for comments posted about the school Feb. 19 on the website.

His suspension was cut short because the American Civil Liberties Union threatened a lawsuit over First Amendment rights and reached an agreement with the district to allow him to return to classes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Technically during the mandatory and BS (from a law point of view) gun safety course you must take to get a permit in Erie county, since you don't have a permit, they cannot let you handle a pistol. Before you get your permit, technically you cannot handle guns at a gunshop to decide what to buy.

The law was changed in 2000. There is a provision now to allow a person who has applied for a license to fire a handgun at a range under the supervision of an instructor. Other restrictions may apply as I don't have the law in front of me.

Quoted:
Technically I cannot bring a friend without a permit to the range and allow him to shoot my pistol. And techncially I cannot be in possesion of a pistol not on my permit, which includes having a friend with a permit at the range, and trying out one of his guns.

The law was changed in 2000. A person between the ages of 18-20 can fire a handgun at a range under the supervision of an instructor or other pistol licensee. Once you turn 21 you are expected to have your own license. The law was also changed so that you may fire another licensees' handgun at a range.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Wow. Each day i wake up and am amazed at how stupid the world got when I was sleeping.

NO SHIT, THAT IS SO TRUE.

You should make that your sig line.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Technically during the mandatory and BS (from a law point of view) gun safety course you must take to get a permit in Erie county, since you don't have a permit, they cannot let you handle a pistol. Before you get your permit, technically you cannot handle guns at a gunshop to decide what to buy.

The law was changed in 2000. There is a provision now to allow a person who has applied for a license to fire a handgun at a range under the supervision of an instructor. Other restrictions may apply as I don't have the law in front of me.

Quoted:
Technically I cannot bring a friend without a permit to the range and allow him to shoot my pistol. And techncially I cannot be in possesion of a pistol not on my permit, which includes having a friend with a permit at the range, and trying out one of his guns.

The law was changed in 2000. A person between the ages of 18-20 can fire a handgun at a range under the supervision of an instructor or other pistol licensee. Once you turn 21 you are expected to have your own license. The law was also changed so that you may fire another licensees' handgun at a range.

Hmm, interesting...still, the law was pretty screwy for a long time...and I would guess not a lot of people who got their permits before 2000 are aware of the changes....

Doesn't matter, I still hate NYS's gov't and leaders for screwing its citizens....
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Doesn't matter, I still hate NYS's gov't and leaders for screwing its citizens....

That's for sure.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top