Posted: 2/22/2006 8:10:52 PM EDT
IM sure this is a dupe, but who knows now a days

I want one either way
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
One step closer to the world of "Terminator"  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
would save alot of soldiers lives in Iraq.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
nice, I want one, only smaller, to clear traffic for me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#4]
they should armor up the Gun. Seems vulnerable to even small arms fire.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh yea, we're fucked General Dynamics = Cyberdyne Systems

In the mean time, that thing is fuckin sweet
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, super, I'm sure no organized armed force in the world has the ability to jam the modem................or any guerilla force for that matter.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I loved the POV shot of it looking into the window! "Hey Marge! What the hell is it?!"
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I love that it was tested right down the street from me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:05:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Coming soon to a sanddune near you haji!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Ummm, very cool but....

You know about all those threads where everyone says US soldiers will never attack US citizens?  Might be a moot point...

Thing doesn't look to difficult to destroy, but it is just a demonstration prototype.  I'm sure the production version will be tougher and more capable.

You know?  We really need a tinfoil-hat smiley.  Even GlockTalk has one...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Would that be too much for deer?  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:51:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Would that be too much for deer?  

I love it! I could just sit in my RV and roam the things around the countryside. Of course, it would need a big pair of tongs to lift what was left of the carcass after being hit by a 25mm round.... I ain't leaving the comforts of home just to hawl it back!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:00:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, I see LOT'S of stuff like that at the tradeshows........

When does Skynet become self aware?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:10:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yeah, super, I'm sure no organized armed force in the world has the ability to jam the modem................or any guerilla force for that matter.

Well I'm sure it's a frequency jumping encrypted datalink, which is very hard to jam, and that is just a demonstrator, by the time these things go into the feild they will have an integrated AI as UCAVs have to allow them to receive objectives from their controlers and fill in the blanks from there so jamming their data link would just keep your automated death off FoxNews.

Quoted:
they should armor up the Gun. Seems vulnerable to even small arms fire.

Like I said, it's just a demonstrator, notice that the weapon still had the sight on the rear from it's tripod mount configuration? I'm sure that the production versions turret will be up armored and have a onboard fire control computer rather then the top mounted suite of the crew served version.

Also, I hope the turret is telescopic or retractable or something, that seems like a very tall vehicle in that movie.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:15:19 AM EDT
[#17]