Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 7:37:38 PM EDT
"This is not a plantation," Collins told The Detroit News. "Black folks are not owned by white folks anymore."

Patterson shot back: "I would rather own a '48 Buick than own Barbara-Rose Collins."

City council is the real zoo....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a fucking zoo for christs sake.

Sometimes I just want to walk over and knock the shit out of some people
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"This is not a plantation," Collins told The Detroit News. "Black folks are not owned by white folks anymore."

Patterson shot back: "I would rather own a '48 Buick than own Barbara-Rose Collins."

That's not a racist comment, unless "race-hustling shitbag politician" is a race. What it is is funny as hell.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
wow that guy is great
LOL takes no shit
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]
A black guy played the race card?????

I AM IN SHOCK.

The race card is used constantly for every conceivable purpose.

Shameless.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The Detroit Zoo is located in the suburb of Royal Oak.

If you're familar with Detroit at all then you understand the irony.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]
First the aquarium now the zoo.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Glad I left when I did.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Detroit Zoo is located in the suburb of Royal Oak.

If you're familar with Detroit at all then you understand the irony.

Thats a big plus one here. The Detroit city council is the biggest bunch of thugs. They just dont want white people to run the zoo.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe the detroit city council members should be locked in the zoo, with the monkeys.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#11]
My conspiracy theory is the shithole city is just trying to get the state to step in and pay for the zoo so the shitty council and Kwamme can squander the extra money amongst themselves. Fucking bunch of thieves.

ETA: The irony of the zoo being in Royal oak is funny. How does the city even have jurisdiction over it?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad I left when I did.

So hows life in TX ? I never did like the cold much.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad I left when I did.

So hows life in TX ? I never did like the cold much.

Everything I hoped for and then some.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Maybe the detroit city council members should be locked in the zoo, with the monkeys.

Thats what he said. That the city council should be locked in at the zoo.  

Regardless of race they act like a bunch of monkeys.  They are acting like a union. They would rather have the whole thing close to spite them.  Then to give in and save it.  Its ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Detroit, New Orleans, DC, et al, they travel the same path as African countries from prosperity to corruption and desolation.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't really think of anything to say that won't either get me labeled 88 (for the 200th time) or a violation of the Coc.

I guess I'll say nothing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It's Hillary's fault, she started this "plantation" crap in a speech awhile back.

Believe me, these people need no prodding from Hillary Clinton to start crying racism.

These people were crying racism before MLK. They were crying racism when they had one of the first black mayors of a major city. They were crying racism when they chased the whites out of town. They were crying racism when Colman Young said "whites have their side of eight mile and we have ours".

These people taught the liberals how to cry racism. Look at other towns. NO, Philly, DC, these towns are all Johnny Comelately's compared to Detroit. Detriot is the original city of racial divide. It started in the 50's and hasn't let up since.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:12:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not a racist comment, unless "race-hustling shitbag politician" is a race. What it is is funny as hell.

....-Well now hold on a minute: what color is this '48 Buick?
~
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:04:04 AM EDT
[#21]
This is just another example of why we should have picked our own cotton.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:21:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
My conspiracy theory is the shithole city is just trying to get the state to step in and pay for the zoo so the shitty council and Kwamme can squander the extra money amongst themselves. Fucking bunch of thieves.

ETA: The irony of the zoo being in Royal oak is funny. How does the city even have jurisdiction over it?

Maybe they annexed the property to the city? This may not be a logical example but O'Hare airport in Chicago is partly in DuPage county, and partly in the town of Rosemont.  The city annexed the land to include the airport.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:34:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Bingo we have a winnah !

City owns the property & zoo operation. Always has.

Sounds like they are willing to shut it down to prove that they can run it without white people ?
WTF

Detroit politicians are just crazy with hate-whitey rage. Have been for years. Dennis Archer(former Mayor) was the exception, but even he wasn't able to make any progress with the losers in city council.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:37:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Detroit, New Orleans, DC, et al, they travel the same path as African countries from prosperity to corruption and desolation.

+1
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Michigan won the war of Toledo, but we really lost.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:05:47 AM EDT
[#26]
I love it how she started the racial taunts and then when he replied, she said "We will not be divided by the racist comments of L. Brooks Patterson"    Only a liberal could make sense of that.

Worse yet, this Zoo drama almost got the zoo closed! First draft of the agreement was turned down and for a couple days, it seemed like Detroit was content to just let the zoo close rather than let someone else take control of it. Petty jealousies like this are a hallmark of how Detroit deals with the 'burbs. You guys should see the row we have going on between the mayor of Warren (one of the cities on Detroit's Northern border) and Detroit... dang.

This is all about Kwame Kilwhitey keeping CONTROL of the zoo ... and the name ... while not PAYING for it.

Detroit is its own worst enemy. I can't wait to move farther away from the city.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:16:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:17:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

WOW, when you think about it, the above statement is pretty deep. If you want to see what these cities will look like in the future, take a gander at the dark continent.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:20:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Wait, there's a zoo in Detroit? With real animals and stuff? Why haven't I heard about it?
ETA: Wow, it looks fairly neat. I went to the Bronx Zoo once when I was a kid and I just remember my legs being dead tired from all the walking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top