Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 6:39:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 3:02:05 AM EDT by Planerench]
Tonight during the afternoon rush we were doing our usual orbit around the Treasure Valley when we got an Attempt To Locate on a stolen Blazer driving recklessly. (We still have everyone warming up their cars here and no one has figured out that the Mexigangs walk up and drive away with almost 200 cars each year) I flew out beyond the perimeter being patroled by the ground units to augment their search when fresh info came in and placed the suspect vehicle about a mile away, AND a report of shots fired in nearby Caldwell possibly related to our suspect vehicle.

While trying to sift through about six possible red SUVs at the reported location a ground unit got on the tail of the suspect vehicle and the chase began. I quickly informed Nampa dispatch that Air-10 had eyes on the suspect and the pursuit was downgraded. A mile and a half later the perp runs a busy rural residential intersection and totals his SUV and another pickup in the opposing traffic flow. Now it gets fun.

Three suspects bail out of the totaled and steaming Blazer, two head east and one west. Long story short we track and intercept all three two of which hid and were caught by K-9 units.

So here it goes. If you want to see ol' Planerench my ugly mug will be on channel 6 tonight at 10. Update, looks like they didn't use my interview. Oh, well at least the bad guys don't know me yet.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:47:34 PM EDT
Good work...any word on injuries to the innocent party in the other car?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:50:22 PM EDT
Nice work, man. Thanks for your service. Get those gang bangers the fuck out of our state!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:52:11 PM EDT
Good job!

One of the best posts in a long time!

HH
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:53:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Midnight-Sniper:
Nice work, man. Thanks for your service. Get those gang bangers the fuck out of our state!

Amen to that, brother!!

Nice work Planerench.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:54:36 PM EDT
I think they should arm you with Hellfire AGM's and then all this pursuit stuff would become a thing of the past!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:55:37 PM EDT
Exactly how bad are the Mexies over there? Im in Montana and damned if I havent noticed them yet. But then again, I havent seen a cop car either in about 3 monthsGood work.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:55:49 PM EDT
Excellent job!

I don't suppose you'd be willing to relocate to AZ and ply your trade here?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:02:14 PM EDT
In the stolen vehicle, guns, drugs, paraphanelia. Gun on the perp .25 auto, in the car 1911s other guns and a DEAGLE 50.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:14:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/22/2006 7:15:11 PM EDT by HBruns]

Originally Posted By Planerench:
In the stolen vehicle, guns, drugs, paraphanelia. Gun on the perp .25 auto, in the car 1911s other guns and a DEAGLE 50.

Jeez - you suppose the perp chose that one to get a lighter sentence?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:15:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:
Good work...any word on injuries to the innocent party in the other car?

The only injury I am aware of is a girl in the suspect vehicle most likely unbuckled in a possible airbag deployment situation. She was complaining of head pain.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:18:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cavu:
I think they should arm you with Hellfire AGM's and then all this pursuit stuff would become a thing of the past!

We have been doing this for nearly 7 years and now the PDs are working on getting us some toys to assist our survelance efforts. Nampa PD lieutenant made the call to order roof numbers tonight. Ada county did it in 2004 after over four years of our suggesting it. Boise PD plans to do it this year.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:32:42 PM EDT
If it wasn't for the liberal attorneys who would use it against the depts and officers, it sure would be nice to get a DVD of K-9 unit arrests. I absolutely love the fear and tears the dirtbags shed when they realize they have dogs coming after them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:58:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By scrum:
If it wasn't for the liberal attorneys who would use it against the depts and officers, it sure would be nice to get a DVD of K-9 unit arrests. I absolutely love the fear and tears the dirtbags shed when they realize they have dogs coming after them.

For some reason the K-9 handlers often clamp down on their hand-mics during the dog attacks. I don't know if they mean to do it or if it is just tension. We frequently hear screams comming from hardened criminals that resemble the cries of little school girls. In this chase we heard the k-9 handler giving the warning to come out or the dog would be released and the dog would bite.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:31:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ConservativeRifleman:
Exactly how bad are the Mexies over there? Im in Montana and damned if I havent noticed them yet. But then again, I havent seen a cop car either in about 3 months

These seemingly separate indicators may be correlated.

Secondhand, but a friend of mine lives in Boise, and was saying that before moving up there, he kept figuring everyone who complained about the Mexican gangs and illegals was just exaggerating. Then he moved up there for a job, and realized that if anything, the complainers had been understating the problem.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:13:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 12:28:34 AM EDT by sleepdr]
Nice job, Planerench.

Wish I'd known earlier, would have turned on the TV to see the fun. Apparently nobody was hurt badly enough to come through our trauma bay & into my cozy little operating room. Guess now I'll have to put away the rusty knives we keep ready for evildoers in need of surgery.

Just moved back to ID after 8 years in liberal hell, and it's not the same state I remember as a child. Sounds like Nampa's getting a little bit of a crime problem. I live really close to the Nampa line, and am building up the home defense. It includes a very protective dog, .45ACP, XM193/Q3131, and a LEO friend who visits & drives by frequently.

ETA: Not to minimize anything by saying "a little bit of a crime problem." Anything is too much, and it sounds to be increasing. I still feel safer here than some other places I've lived: by the projects in SW Phoenix (got shot in PHX), 3 years in inner-city Baltimore, and a couple years in the ghetto of a Boston suburb.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:55:49 AM EDT
They have gangs in Idaho? What do they do, rob potato farms?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:38:50 AM EDT
Did the Deagle hav dem beams?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:48:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cavu:

+1 fire them up......................
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:01:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MoparMike:
They have gangs in Idaho? What do they do, rob potato farms?

One minivan involved was shot up pretty bad. Kids in the back in car seats were OK though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:07:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Burkey:
Did the Deagle hav dem beams?

I used the Deagle term because of the recent chat about certain gun store tales of late. I found it humorous that this particular gang guy not only crashed his vehicle a mile and a half into a chase (I have had high speed pursuits last 45 minutes in rush hour traffic), but grabbed a .25 auto when the chase on foot began when the weapons available were so much more capable. These were some bad dudes despite their incompetance. I guess they arrested an additional 4 bringing the total last night to 7.
Top Top