Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 6:04:43 PM EDT
Fusion of the first metatarsal and big toe.  It's wrecked, and the VA (no bashing, please) is going to be doing it.  I have all the faith in the world in the doc who's doing it and the Portland VA.  Anyone have this done?  What's it like having some sort of frankentoe that does not bend?  I was going to get Cheney to just blow the damn thing off, but that would be hard to explain.
Thanks,
Matthew
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#1]
In all seriousness at least it's not a finger, I don't think that Fusing a toe will as big an inconvenience as losing the ability to bend a finger

I've spent a decent amount of time in an Orthopedics clinic and sometimes the only option is to fuse a Finger joint

Which Toe is it ?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
In all seriousness at least it's not a finger, I don't think that Fusing a toe will as big an inconvenience as losing the ability to bend a finger

I've spent a decent amount of time in an Orthopedics clinic and sometimes the only option is to fuse a Finger joint

Which Toe is it ?

Sorry, right foot big toe joint.  It's way beyond repair, and it's freaking killing me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]
L-4 and L-5.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Sorry, right foot big toe joint.  It's way beyond repair, and it's freaking killing me.

I would assume that not being able to bend your Big Toe is gonna be strange but at least the Fusion will alleviate the Pain
It'll probably affect your walking until you get used to it
Hope the surgery goes well

On a personal note I've never had problems with my feet until about six months ago
Fallen Arches and Bursitis from numerous broken toes
Foot Pain is rough I never thought I'd be going thru this    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top