Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 5:09:23 PM EDT
...To JAFO

My current student is a 45 year old Hip Urbanite ™ who is originally from New Fallujah (Detroit for those of you in Rio Linda).

After 4 weeks of coaching him and showing him the correct and safe way to handle a truck and trailer, and after putting up with his temper and verbal abuse... I have hereby promoted him to JAFO!!!

Now, it was anothere pleasant morning when I was awoken (AGAIN ) by his Hip Urban ring tone on his cell phone.  Then he proceeds to have a 30 minute conversation.

I got up, went inside the rest area to use the washroom and returned to the truck.

I said to him "And that will conclude telephone conversations when I'm trying to sleep."

He looked at me all pissed off and told me "If that's how you are going to be, maybe we should talk to Ken (my training coordinator) about getting me a new instructor and off your struck."

I told him "Don't bother, it's already been arranged."

Me:  

Him:  

Me (on the INSIDE):

The heck with this guy.  I tried.  If he can't learn the job in 2 weeks, 6 isn't gonna do it.  Besides, he only does "what's required".  He show's zero interest or initiative on his own.  He also is dangerously close to causing a major wreck with injuries.  So now, he is JUST ANOTHER FUCKING OBSERVER.  The END.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
How soon before he gets left at truck stop in the middle of nowhere?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How soon before he gets left at truck stop in the middle of nowhere?

10 minutes?

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah, brings back the 70's.

Movin On

One of my fav shows in my adolescent years.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
You OO or a company man?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You OO or a company man?

Company driver / trainer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:50:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone know where I can get a JAFO hat?

Maybe a box of them??
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you wondered what "his Hip Urban ring tone on his cell phone" would sound coming out of his ass?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:59:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Have you wondered what "his Hip Urban ring tone on his cell phone" would sound coming out of his ass?

No.  

Not until now
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#9]
nationwide ---  do you have mobile internet or something?  How do you post while driving OTR?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:39:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
nationwide ---  do you have mobile internet or something?  How do you post while driving OTR?

He just miracles the fracking signal onto the net.

So....... thinking of installing a passenger ejection seat?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:42:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anyone know where I can get a JAFO hat?

Maybe a box of them??

I can do t-shirts if interested.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#12]
make hats, shirts, stickers, whatever....

www.cafepress.com

jafo's already taken, but you can make whatever...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Most good truck stops have wireless internet now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top