Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 4:26:30 PM EDT
Can I ship ammo via usps?   If not and I ship via commercial carrier and NOT disclose the contents am I violating any laws or just company policy?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Straight from the USPS Site:

Nonmailable and Restricted Articles and Substances Generally

8.6 Hazardous Materials

Harmful matter also includes regulated hazardous materials as defined in 10.0 that are likely to harm USPS employees or to destroy, deface, or otherwise damage mail or postal equipment. This includes materials such as caustic poisons (acids and alkalies), oxidizers, or highly flammable liquids, gases, or solids; or materials that are likely, under conditions incident to transportation, to cause fires through friction, absorption of moisture, or spontaneous chemical changes or from retained heat from manufacturing or processing, including explosives or containers previously used for shipping high explosives with a liquid ingredient (such as dynamite), ammunition, fireworks, radioactive materials, matches, or articles emitting obnoxious odors.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]
So USPS is no go
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#5]
What about UPS or Fed-Ex?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#6]
UPS ground will.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
FedX with ORM-D sticker, just shipped some Mon.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can I ship ammo via usps?   If not and I ship via commercial carrier and NOT disclose the contents am I violating any laws or just company policy?

IIRC if you don't disclose an ORM-D shipment you are in violation of federal law.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC if you don't disclose an ORM-D shipment you are in violation of federal law.

Okay, how much of a fee is there for the ORM-D?   ( I'm really hoping there isnt any ;)
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]
UPS is the way to go.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, how much of a fee is there for the ORM-D?   ( I'm really hoping there isnt any ;)

I really don't think there is one, or if there is, it isn't much.

You just need the sticker / disclosure because it can't go by air.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top