Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/22/2006 2:36:37 PM EDT
Suppose you meet this great guy or gal, and they are very attractive, but they have a cold sore on their lip.

Would you persue it?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
ibtp!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
A cold sore does not always mean STD's

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll date a cold sore chick any day over a headcase
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Would you date someone with a cold sore?

Only if they aborted it first.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]
You be amazed to find out how many people get them. I'd never had one in my life until about 4 years ago, I got real sick with the flu once. I still get them sometimes for some reason ever since.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh hell no!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Sure.

It's not like you are going to f#%* them in the mouth, right.

Danny
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The only difference between cold sore and genital herpes is location, location, location.

Type I herpes simplex virus
Type II HSV

exactly the same shit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sure.

Danny

You're not?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope, I don't need the herps.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#11]
When I was 9 I used to get canker sores in my mouth something fierce.  They were awful.  We discovered finally that the toothpaste we used caused it and I brushed my teeth for years with plain old baking soda.  I haven't had one in 30 years that I can remember [knock on wood].  I do get an occasional taste bud on my tongue that develops a life of its own and hurts like a mutha for a day or two.  My point is how would you know if it wasn't visible?  They can't all be because of STD s?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Herpes?  No thanks.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sure.

Danny

You're not?

I'm beginning to wonder now.

Danny
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#14]
The fact that anyone would use this as a criteria is just ridiculously shallow and sad.  

Jesus Christ, I bet you have more germs and bacteria festering in your butt crack then any girl that you would even consider dating.

The real question I always think about when I see threads like this, is.  Would they date you? NOT!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The fact that anyone would use this as a criteria is just ridiculously shallow and sad.  

Jesus Christ, I bet you have more germs and bacteria festering in your butt crack then any girl that you would even consider dating.

The real question I always think about when I see threads like this, is.  Would they date you? NOT!

I'm not asking her to tongue my ass. I'm sure thats some guys bag, but not mine!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I've done that.

Hell, I get one about every 4 or 5 years.  Neosporin that dude up and its gone in no time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I've done that.

Hell, I get one about every 4 or 5 years.  Neosporin that dude up and its gone in no time.

asked her to tongue your ass?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well no shit, how do you think you get 30gazillion posts on the internet!

Whoops mom says dinner is on, see you guys tomorrow!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a lower post count than ARDOC.

It's just a question - don't like it, don't click it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well you asked
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#22]
don't get a BJ, or you'll likely get a sore on your dick
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
When I was 9 I used to get canker sores in my mouth something fierce.  They were awful.  We discovered finally that the toothpaste we used caused it and I brushed my teeth for years with plain old baking soda.  I haven't had one in 30 years that I can remember [knock on wood].  I do get an occasional taste bud on my tongue that develops a life of its own and hurts like a mutha for a day or two.  My point is how would you know if it wasn't visible?  They can't all be because of STD s?

Canker sores are not cold sores since they are not caused by the herpes virus, and are not contagious.

You can get canker sores from food allergies, stress, trauma (used to get them from braces when I had them), hormonal changes, and a bunch of other things. They're not something to be ashamed of since you couldn't have caught it from anyone - it's just something your body produces in reaction to some kind of stress or injury.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#25]
yes
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#26]
It's about suppression.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Which lip are you talking about?

I'm just asking

GM
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Canker sores are not cold sores since they are not caused by the herpes virus, and are not contagious.

You can get canker sores from food allergies, stress, trauma (used to get them from braces when I had them), hormonal changes, and a bunch of other things. They're not something to be ashamed of since you couldn't have caught it from anyone - it's just something your body produces in reaction to some kind of stress or injury.

Really?  I was told by my dentist when I was a child that they were caused by the herpes virus.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#29]
For the record, I never said having a cold sore is bad.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?  I was told by my dentist when I was a child that they were caused by the herpes virus.  

Check out this link:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canker_sore

If the pic is like what you had (basically an ulcer in your mouth) then you just had a canker sore. Nothing to worry about except trying to make it heal up.

Me, I can get them from shoveling tostitos in my mouth - especially if I eat them all with the same hand. Sure as heck, a day later there's usually an ulcer there right where every chip was hitting the inside of my lip.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Suppose you meet this great guy or gal, and they are very attractive, but they have a cold sore on their lip.

Would you persue it?

Is this the same girl that wanted to be your roommate?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you persue it?

Is this the same girl that wanted to be your roommate?

No, the hot young girl who came in the motel last night with the bald guy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#33]
How big are her ta-tas?  Just so we are clear.........
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#34]
I get cold sores occasionally, no it does not mean that you have STDs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I get cold sores occasionally, no it does not mean that you have STDs.

A cold sore is herpes.  It is an STD but can be transmitted by other means as well.

linkeroo

The herpes simplex virus (HSV) is a virus that manifests itself in two common viral infections, each marked by painful, watery blisters in the skin or mucous membranes (such as the mouth or lips) or on the genitals. The disease is contagious, particularly during an outbreak, and is incurable. An infection on the lips is commonly known as a "cold sore" or "fever blister," though this should not be confused with a canker sore, which appears inside the mouth and is not caused by the herpes simplex virus.

Of the eight known types of HSV, the two most common are type 1 (HSV-1) and type 2 (HSV-2). HSV-1 is more common and generally considered to be associated with orofacial infection, usually the lips. This type of infection is more easily acquired in part because of its exposed location. It is generally considered (but isn't) a less serious infection. HSV-2 is associated with the infection of the genitals however both types can affect either region. HSV-2 infection is of particular concern because of the largely asymptomatic nature of the infection, and the shedding of infective virions even in asymptomatic individuals. (Koutsky et al., 1990; Wald et al., 2000)

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Yup.  I wouldn't hesitate for a second.  

-K
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well you asked

+1  No kidding.  Shallowness.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well you asked

I just posed a generic question that may or may not reflect my attitudes, and you are calling me shallow.

You are being way too defensive about this.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well you asked

What's shallow about it? It's not like it's about money or looks - it's about avoiding someone who has a disease I could catch.

I've gone this far without any STD's (knock on wood) and I'm damn sure going to do what I can to keep myself from getting any in the future.

I'd rather go without dating someone with a disease I could catch than get one and ruin my chances on somone I want to have a long term relatiionship with after that person.

But that's just me - I'm a longterm thinker and I'm willing to make sacrifices in the short term in order to get what I want in the long term.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#40]
I have never had one.  A lot of people have them and just don't know it.  They may have even gotten it as a kid, from sharing a drinking glass or something.   Then they don't have any outbreaks as an adult, but still have the virus.   Chances are you already kissed somebody with herpes and didn't even know it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#41]
A lot of people get it as a kid from relatives, friends, etc.

No shame in that, really.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
A lot of people get it as a kid from relatives, friends, etc.

No shame in that, really.

The number I heard at one point is about 1 out of 3.  Not 100% on that though.

In any case, A LOT of people get them on occassion.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#43]
never had cold sores
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I get them sometimes since I was a kid but I voted NO.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't want to get anyone's funky nazzy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Yeah, you might get SUPER HERPES
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, you might get SUPER HERPES

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Check out this link:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canker_sore

If the pic is like what you had (basically an ulcer in your mouth) then you just had a canker sore. Nothing to worry about except trying to make it heal up.

Me, I can get them from shoveling tostitos in my mouth - especially if I eat them all with the same hand. Sure as heck, a day later there's usually an ulcer there right where every chip was hitting the inside of my lip.

wow, you're right.  I never knew.  Yep, that's exactly what I had.  Nasty
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, I am. I got to know her before I knew about that. They only pop up if she gets too stressed out or something, not very often. When it did that just meant no blowjobs and I wouldn't even kiss her on the lips. Kinda sucks, but I want to avoid getting it.

From seeing how common it can be, I wouldn't really hold it against someone.

Now if it was occuring down there, that would be a different story entirely.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#50]
If a good looking girl walked up and had a giant raging sore on her lips, I'd probably not be interested.

With that said, I've been with a girl that's had cold sores before, and I have no after effects from it in either of the common spots.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top