Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:02:07 AM EDT
Teens with BB guns scare golfers

I think this is absolute BS.  Read it and it refers to the "M-16" as an absolute killing machine.  

Notice of the picture of the director of security compairing his Glock 22 to an airsoft gun...  His Glock isn't cleared.

Then they take away all of the kids airsofts...  Bull Shit I think.

Probably shouldn't have painted over the orange markings on the airsoft guns.  The kids apparently weren't pointing the guns at anybody or really threating anyone.  I think that the security is taking it a little too far to take away all the kids airsofts and to fine them.  

Magoo
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]

You can do a lot of different things with a handgun,

Sure, you can open your beer, turn off the lights,...

Kristian also is concerned that law enforcement officials could let their guard down in the future, thinking that the weapons are harmless when they may not be.

I can't even think of a response more comedic than the origional quote.

The teens each will be issued two citations by the plantation's property owners association -- one for trespassing and the other for illegal use of firearms, according to Kristian. Those violations can come with a fine ranging from $100 to $150, he said.

How can one illegally use a firearm, that isn't a firearm?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

You can do a lot of different things with a handgun,

Sure, you can open your beer, turn off the lights,...

Kristian also is concerned that law enforcement officials could let their guard down in the future, thinking that the weapons are harmless when they may not be.

I can't even think of a response more comedic than the origional quote.

The teens each will be issued two citations by the plantation's property owners association -- one for trespassing and the other for illegal use of firearms, according to Kristian. Those violations can come with a fine ranging from $100 to $150, he said.

How can one illegally use a firearm, that isn't a firearm?

Don't ask questions.  Your better's say its a firearm then it is a firearm.  Never mind it niether uses fire, nor is it an "arm" but that's not what's important here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, that could have turned bad because I keep my backup gun in my golf bag when I play.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, wait a minute...ADULTS see some KIDS walking on a golf course with guns and they think the guns are real?!?!? Where the fuck would kids get REAL guns? Especially an M16?!?! Why the fuck didn't they ASK the punk kids about them? I have been chased off golf courses and I had a semi-real looking BB gun with me at the time. Times have changed. Hell the grounds keeper sicked his dogs on me and my buddy more than once.

Oh, wait, think they were Gen-Xers? That may explain it.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Security officers later went to one of the teen's homes, in Hilton Head Plantation, where they spoke with his mother and took the rest of the teens' BB guns. In all, security officers confiscated replications of a 9 mm Browning handgun, a .40-caliber Glock handgun, an SKS-type machine pistol with battery pack, an M-16-type assault rifle, and two plastic toy machine guns, according to the incident report.

how does that work? under what authority are they allowed to enter a private residence without a warrant and confiscate toys that are unrelated to a questionable incident?

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ok, wait a minute...ADULTS see some KIDS walking on a golf course with guns and they think the guns are real?!?!? Where the fuck would kids get REAL guns? Especially an M16?!?! Why the fuck didn't they ASK the punk kids about them? I have been chased off golf courses and I had a semi-real looking BB gun with me at the time. Times have changed. Hell the grounds keeper sicked his dogs on me and my buddy more than once.

Oh, wait, think they were Gen-Xers? That may explain it.

Post-Columbine is a good answer to that question.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Security officers later went to one of the teen's homes, in Hilton Head Plantation, where they spoke with his mother and took the rest of the teens' BB guns. In all, security officers confiscated replications of a 9 mm Browning handgun, a .40-caliber Glock handgun, an SKS-type machine pistol with battery pack, an M-16-type assault rifle, and two plastic toy machine guns, according to the incident report.

how does that work? under what authority are they allowed to enter a private residence without a warrant and confiscate toys that are unrelated to a questionable incident?

Private HOA, golf course likely part of it, private security force, parents bound by covenants that outline certain expected behavior.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL!

I use to live right down the road from that course on Mathews drive.
OK, the island is only 12 miles long so everywhere is just down the road on the island.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Woo hooo, one of the kids was from Savannah.  

This occurred just over the river at Hiton Head Island and HHI has been on alert because some butthead has been calling in bombthreats to school.  He was recently apprehended.  

Yep Columbine changed everything.   Fortuntely these kids with bb pistols did not cross paths with an arfcom member at a car wash.  

article
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top