Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/22/2006 8:39:43 AM EDT
I'm just curious.

Just use selection 5 if you don't smoke but want to see results.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTP
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll tell you why people smoke:

1) So they can make the world their personal fucking ashtray & throw their butts anywhere they want.

2) So they can stink up anything they're around by smoking & reek the second they walk into a home or office where non-smokers live/work.

3) So they can gather outside any office doorway smoking, so non-smokers can run thru their stink on the way in, thus guaranteeing the non-smokers' clothes to stink too.

4) So they can drive up insurance rates with all the smoking-related diseases.

5) So they can smoke for 40 years & then bitch when they go on medi-care about not being able to afford their meds.

6) So they can ensure borderline retarded people jobs in mini-marts who can sell smokes.

I'm sure there's more, but these are the ones I thought of in just a few seconds. And for the record, no, I do not smoke.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know a smoker in the world that doesn't want to quit, they know it makes them stink, they know its bad for you, they know all that crap.

So I just don't give them crap about it. Maybe you should look into that.

(BTW, by making this a 5 question poll you borked it)
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
For a protective layer of carbon in my lungs in case I ever have to live in LA.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I smoke so others may live.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't know a smoker in the world that doesn't want to quit,

I know hundreds who smoke & want to keep doing so.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Add another.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Add another.

Hardly, I do not know you.    
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Because they're drug addicts...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

and nothings wrong with that. their life, free country.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Smokers save .gov/taxpayers money because they will die earlier and recieve less benefits!

Let everyone smoke.  

Alot of smokers want to quit but won't/can't.  My ex-gfs mom wanted to quit and only smoked outside so as not to bother other people.  So some do realize what smoking is lol

Just my $.223,
Dan.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and nothings wrong with that. their life, free country.

Who said there was anything wrong with it...?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Because I'm fucking stupid...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Haven't smoked in about a month, but I smoked because I enjoyed the taste.

Mmmm... this topic makes me want to light up my pipe again...

ETA: I mostly smoked cloves and a pipe, and never cheap big-brand tobacco, so it didn't taste bad at all.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

ETA: I mostly smoked cloves and a pipe, and never cheap big-brand tobacco, so it didn't taste bad at all.

I didn't know you were a non-shaving hippie chick.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
(BTW, by making this a 5 question poll you borked it)

"Borked?"
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#17]
You should meet my dad.... you would want to stop smoking.    
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

1) So they can make the world their personal fucking ashtray & throw their butts anywhere they want.

2) So they can stink up anything they're around by smoking & reek the second they walk into a home or office where non-smokers live/work.

3) So they can gather outside any office doorway smoking, so non-smokers can run thru their stink on the way in, thus guaranteeing the non-smokers' clothes to stink too.

5) So they can smoke for 40 years & then bitch when they go on medi-care about not being able to afford their meds.

6) So they can ensure borderline retarded people jobs in mini-marts who can sell smokes.

I'm sure there's more, but these are the ones I thought of in just a few seconds. And for the record, no, I do not smoke.

well, there you have it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I do it just to PISS PEOPLE FROM TN OFF

oh, and from CA too
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey, let's get Ted Kennedy and Feinstein a couple of cartons.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Because I can
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I figure "nicotine causes cancer" is misleading.
We know "nicotine is a poison" is true.
We know "Cancer are living cells" is true.
We know "Poison kills living cells" is true.
Therefore, the cigarettes I smoke both cause and cure cancer.  
I get a nice easy feeling and I get to breathe smoke when I'm pissed.
All the while comforted by the fact that I believe in balance.
I'll take a little poison with my cancer, please.

Marlboro Lights, Marlboro Reds
I was cowboy when cowboy wasn't gay
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Becuase I enjoy smoking. (and doing all that stuff Bob mentioned)
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I like smoking a pipe or a cigar now and then. It's enjoyable.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#26]
i smoke because i enjoy the whining of non smokers
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Calms me down. I started smoking about a year ago when my family split up. I'd like to stop, but at the same time I dont want to.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I smoke just to piss off people like this asshole..

Roy
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Bob, I believe the question was "Why do YOU smoke?".   Not why, in your professional and obviously unbiased (as shown here) opinion, that others do.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm glad i never started.

There was a time way back when concerning a middle school teacher telling me not to smoke one morning when I got to school. Funny thing was, I didn't smoke. Mom did, and it made me smell "full of flavor" when I got to school.

My gf knows when I've been over to mom's house becuase i smell like smoke when I get home.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#31]
of all the things in this world that can produce acute boredom-induced coma, the number one spot would have to go to smoker bashers.  the second most boring thing would be reformed smokers who now try to get everyone else to quit.

smoker bashers are just as bad as LIBERALS because they spend the majority of their perfect lives telling everyone else how to live theirs, to which i reply: piss up a rope.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Ya know, I wish I had started smoking because of some evil genius plan to undermine society, as mentioned above, but mine was perhaps even more sinister.  At least, at the time I thought it was.  My evil plan for starting smoking was to spite my parents.  Boy, I showed them who's boss!  They're so spited!  Now, I'm addicted.  And, as Noname has pointed out, I am a drug addict.

I'm guilty of 1 and 2, though, I do try and remain respectful of non-smokers.  I use ashtrays and try not to smoke in front of doors to buildings.  If someone has a problem with my smoking in a social/work setting, I will do whatever I can to accommodate them, short of quitting on the spot.

3.  Umm.  Evil genius plan.  We discussed it at the secret smokers meeting.  All voted, "Yeah!"

My take on 1,2, & 3:  Some are more sensitive to smoking than others.  Some could give a rats ass.  Some try to be polite with their objection, as, I try to be with my smoking.

4 is debatable, as I believe insurance fraud has probably more to do with rates than smoking.

5 & 6, dunno, not that old and your talking about mini-mart employees, who, in your estimation, are probably mentally deficient, and those who like to bitch.  I fall nowhere near that tree.

I smoke because I'm addicted to nicotine, and, I kinda like it.  When I talk to people who've quit, they all tell me the same thing:  You'll quit when you're ready.  Until then, I'll keep using ashtrays, and I'll  try to be polite and respectful, but, if some idiot ever accosts me about smoking, when the said idiot goes out of their way to do it, we're gonna have a problem.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

>SNIP<

Actually, I do it because it seems to drive some of biggest assholes/idiots on the planet crazy. I don't like them, so I intentionally to annoy them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#34]
skoal rin on my pocket
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I smoke now because I was an idiot teenager 35 years ago. I wish I had never started. Maybe it's because my ma smoked when she was pregnant with me. R.I.P. ma! 01.09.06  

AB
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I only smoke when i drink. You ask me how much I smoke, 3 packs a day.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Most smokers were usually assholes as kids, and started smoking very young.  And they're proud to tell you that also.  So then they turn into asshole adults. Smokers are weak-willed losers.  They're addicts, plain and simple. Do an informal poll wherever you work:  You will quickly realize that it is smokers who cause most of the problems at work.  They are always sick, They miss work, they are always late to work, get in accidents, and are just plain assholes and treat people like shit. They obviously hate themselves, and they hate everyone else even more.  

All drug addicts smoke.  

All homosexuals smoke.

All prison inmates smoke.

See the trend?

By the way, I do not smoke.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#38]
I do it to piss off BobCole. Anybody have his address? I wanna go shit on his lawn, too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:16:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I like smoking a pipe or a cigar now and then. It's enjoyable.

Yep.
Cause - I fucking feel like it.
Smoke signals freedom!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Most smokers were usually assholes as kids, and started smoking very young.  And they're proud to tell you that also.  So then they turn into asshole adults. Smokers are weak-willed losers.  They're addicts, plain and simple. Do an informal poll wherever you work:  You will quickly realize that it is smokers who cause most of the problems at work.  They are always sick, They miss work, they are always late to work, get in accidents, and are just plain assholes and treat people like shit. They obviously hate themselves, and they hate everyone else even more.  

All drug addicts smoke.  

All homosexuals smoke.

See the trend?

Yet you have the qualities of your definition of a smoker.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I really don't know whom to quote on this one.  Bob Cole for his liberal tell everyone else how to live attitude or POS for his bigotry and lieing inuendos.  

I smoke because tobacco was the first agricultural product exported from the US.  Also, it is not the tobacco/nicotine that poses a health risk.  It is all the chemical BS that .gov (courtesy of the libtards) forces the tobacco companies to spray on them.  

I try to be courteous of non smokers.  I will not smoke in their home or vehicle.  I try to be seated in the smoking section as far as possible from the non smoking section.  I respect their right not to smoke.  I expect them to respect my right to smoke.  When some one "bitches" about me smoking, I ignore them or tell them off.  If someone is courteous in asking me not to smoke, then I will move or put it out.  What really pisses me off is the ones that bitch about smokers and then light up their fireplace with green wood, or sit in front of a camp fire billowing smoke.  Then they will burn leaves/grass clippings/garbage in their back yard and stink up the entire neighborhood.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Cause I like too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:19:12 AM EDT
[#43]
As with everything else I do, I smoke cigars in moderation.
I enjoy cigars immensely.
I hate the smoking nazi's like Bob Cole, who say things like "3) So they can gather outside any office doorway smoking, so non-smokers can run thru their stink on the way in, thus guaranteeing the non-smokers' clothes to stink too."
Last I checked, you do not have a "right" not to be offended in this country.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:24:08 AM EDT
[#44]
I thought this thread was going to be about barbeque.  

No wonder the poll didn't quite seem to make sense.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:31:35 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All drug addicts smoke.  

All homosexuals smoke.

See the trend?

Yet you have the qualities of your definition of a smoker.

Yup. Borderline assholitis.

I smoke to give you cancer. And a stroke. And high blood pressure. See what happens when you throw a control freak tantrum and someone gives you the finger? I'll bet that nervous tic under your left eye is starting up. Maybe a little vein in your forehead....

MMMMMMMM!

Camels!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:51:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Ah yes.

The age old debate between smokers and non smokers. It won't be resolved here or anywhere else.

That's what you get when you have such a powerfully addictive drug that is not only legal, but glamourized for decades as being 'cool' and readily available on every street corner in the nation.

Don't like people to stink up your surroundings and force you to smoke thier cigarette? Deal with it ....... it's never going to change.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:05:50 AM EDT
[#47]
I think when I started smoking 20 years ago, it was to piss people off. Looks like its still working.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:08:55 AM EDT
[#48]

i smoke because i REALLY enjoy a cigarette, especially while drinkin a beer. that said, i only have 2 or three cigarettes a week, so i don't if i really qualify as a smoker or not...

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I smoke so others may live.

+1

I have a ferocious temper, tobacco seems to take the edge off.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:06:46 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I do it to piss off BobCole. Anybody have his address? I wanna go shit on his lawn, too.

I think BobCole is an OK guy....he just needs to smoke more.

Let's pitch in an' buy Bob a carton of Camels!!!!

ssssmoke!!!

Bob

sssmoke!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top