Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 7:12:05 AM EDT
Actually it is my Sister's dog that due to some domestic drama is with me for a couple weeks.

I know dogs fart from time to time, but this little mutt does it ALL THE TIME....and not the quiet, "silent but violent" dog farts but a pretty consistent p-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-t every 3-5 minutes or so 24 hours a day.

WTF is this from?  Should I add a little Beano to the dog food or what?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:13:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Actually it is my Sister's dog that due to some domestic drama is with me for a couple weeks.

I know dogs fart from time to time, but this little mutt does it ALL THE TIME....and not the quiet, "silent but violent" dog farts but a pretty consistent p-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-t every 3-5 minutes or so 24 hours a day.
WTF is this from?  Should I add a little Beano to the dog food or what?

That just ain't right...

What is he/she eating?  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Food more than likley. To bad they don't advertise a "Now with less gas output formula." type dog food. Hmmmm..........could be a market for that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#3]
You shouldn't chain the dog up outside Taco Bell anymore.

Sounds like a mule my dad had on his farm when he was a kid.  That mule farted every step it took.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:17:06 AM EDT
[#4]
thats too much farting even by my standards. Did you chnage the dogs diet or brand of food?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:18:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a 50 pound bag of Atta Boy.  She is a 4 year old or so pound puppy, well mannered and generally likeable otherwise, but she is asleep at my feet right now and farting away.  She seems healthy otherwise.  Bright eyes, cold nose, shiny coat.  Not a bad mutt.

If it is methane I should figger out a way to hook her up to the furnace.  She ain't stinking, but damn.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Feed it better food
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
thats too much farting even by my standards. Did you chnage the dogs diet or brand of food?

She was doing this before I brought her home, I thought it was just because of something my sister fed her before I got her.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:21:11 AM EDT
[#8]
maybe it's stress...you did say there's domestic drama. Maybe the dog can sense that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:22:28 AM EDT
[#9]
wow thats just not right.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#10]
My rotties fart like truckers,  made me throw up in my mouth once    it's fuggin nasty, and has NOTHING to do with food quality.TEST
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#11]

My Dog farts

Uhhh.... Congratulations?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:26:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Feed it better food

Yup, higher quality dog food.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Well I am having flash backs still about this one...   I was the computer and had a space heater on the floor and my dog was asleep behind it.   Well I was looking around the net and boom!!  The most horrible smell in the world hit me!!  

My god I wanted to throw up!!!        Well after I ran out of my room , I went back in and found out what happened. It turns out my dog farted and the space heater sucked it up and reheated it and blew it at me!  

Holy sh!t that was bad..
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:27:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I feed my dogs hushpupies from Long John Silvers when they are gassy. Clears them right up!

Seriously, the change in brand or type of dog food is probably what is doing it. Give it a few days and the dogs rumblings will cease.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#15]
High quality dog foods have stricter controls of their formulation. My dog rarely farts
ETA: I feed him Eukanuba active maturity
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#16]
IS there some sort of intestinal infection that could cause this?  As far as stress she does not look like she is feeling it, and my sister only had her for a week or so before I ended up with her.  (Loser BF took off, took his stuff, left key to her place on counter, no one has heard from him since sorta thing....does not help that he has my sister knocked up right now, but that is another story).

Right now the dog is asleep on the floor having one of those cute running in her sleep dreams.....punctuated with pbbbbbt every few minutes.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

My Dog farts

"My dog has no nose..."

"Really, how does he smell?"
etc.

Does sound like he needs a change of diet though!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:47:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
IS there some sort of intestinal infection that could cause this?  

I wouldn't worry about it unless it turned to squirty poop. let him get used to it and get some higher quality food next time.
However if the farts don't settle down within a few days you might just want to switch dog foods.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I tried squeezing her belly to see if I could make music, but it did not work.  

My dog is not suffering any ill effects from the diet.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#20]
about 75% of what is in ATTA Boy is junk and has no nutritional value what so ever.  Feed her a better quality of food.  For about the same price you can buy Maximum at Walmart.  It is bagged for Walmart, made by Purina.  It is their high protien food compariable to Purina Pro Plan.  Very good for dog, very easy to digest, no gas.

Patty
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#21]
My dog sounds like pffffffff, not p-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-t.
Right after he does it he does the ol' butt slide across the carpet with a genuine smile on his face.
He is a happy boy!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#22]
My dog blows me out of the bed and it weighs 8lbs.  She can muster up some stink.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
about 75% of what is in ATTA Boy is junk and has no nutritional value what so ever.  Feed her a better quality of food.  For about the same price you can buy Maximum at Walmart.  It is bagged for Walmart, made by Purina.  It is their high protien food compariable to Purina Pro Plan.  Very good for dog, very easy to digest, no gas.

Patty

I live in a small town of 3000, south of the middle of nowhere, just east on where the hell are we...no wal-mart here.  Atta boy was al the local shop had left when I went in.  I'll get something better next time around.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Mine farts then snaps around all perked up trying to figure out where the sounds came from. It's funny as hell to watch sometimes she starts barking like someone snuck up behind her and startled her.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Maybe thats why the dog is staying with you for a few weeks??

Your sister isn't dumb!

"Hey bro, can you watch my dog for a few weeks (until his current intestinal distress has passed)"

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

I live in a small town of 3000, south of the middle of nowhere, just east on where the hell are we...no wal-mart here.  Atta boy was al the local shop had left when I went in.  I'll get something better next time around.

You might try Purina One then.  I understand.  I live in a town of 250.  Its 45 miles to the grocery store.  Patty
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Could be a parasite like girardia (sp?) but these also have the symptom of loose bowels and a general inability to control the bowels.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Take a saltine cracker and add 3 or 4 drops of Beano to it. Feed this to the dog first thing in the morning. After about two or three days you will be fart free.

I have two English Bulldogs that are fart machines. Cant live with them unless they have their Beano.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#29]
the beast is contributing to global warming. best have the local chinese or vietnamese dude wok your dog..
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
...It turns out my dog farted and the space heater sucked it up and reheated it and blew it at me!  

Holy sh!t that was bad..

Reheated dog farts?!!!

I just had to let you know that you made me LOL.

Now for a serious question.

My dog's *ahem* female parts smell bad some times. It doesn't appear to conincide with her cycle. She isn't spayed, would that fix the problem?

And before any wise-ass speaks up, no, I'm not sticking my nose in it. It's so bad some times that if she walks by you can smell it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...It turns out my dog farted and the space heater sucked it up and reheated it and blew it at me!  

Holy sh!t that was bad..

Reheated dog farts?!!!

I just had to let you know that you made me LOL.

Now for a serious question.

My dog's *ahem* female parts smell bad some times. It doesn't appear to conincide with her cycle. She isn't spayed, would that fix the problem?

And before any wise-ass speaks up, no, I'm not sticking my nose in it. It's so bad some times that if she walks by you can smell it.

Maybe you should do a search for the "bacterial vaginosis" thread .

If you ain't breeding her you oughta get her fixed, it might help with the smell.  I seem to recall one of my parent's dogs having similar female problems, and she was spayed though, it took some some sort of antibiotic cream to clear it up.  I was glad as hell it was not my job to err..apply the stuff.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#32]
I've heard that Beano will cure flatulence(sp?) problems with canines and has no negative effects....load the dog up with beano
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My Dog farts

"My dog has no nose..."

"Really, how does he smell?"
etc.

HAHAHAHA !  Haven't heard that in ages !

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#34]
My dog does that,smells like a rotting animal lives in my house.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#35]
You can also put a big tablespoon of non-fat unflavored yogurt on their food everyday, and the farting will stop.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a cat that farts if you startle it.  It's like owning a squid.  

If the cat is in my wife's lap, I'll sneak up on the cat and scare it.  Fffffffffffffft.  The wife is not amused.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Mental image - hilarious.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mental image - hilarious.  

When my son was like 3-6 months old, he'd get gas and we were told to lay him on his back and raise his legs against his chest to help things move along.  It were not long till we could get "shave and a haircut" out of him.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
a pretty consistent p-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-t every 3-5 minutes or so 24 hours a day.

funny stuff.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I have a cat that farts if you startle it.  It's like owning a squid.  

If the cat is in my wife's lap, I'll sneak up on the cat and scare it.  Fffffffffffffft.  The wife is not amused.  

[RFOL2]

That's awesome!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:03:26 AM EDT
[#41]
ugh, she is still doing it.  'cept now they stink.  

My home reeks of dog fart.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:10:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Kill it with fire.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:56:43 AM EDT
[#43]
She is still farting....BUT...

Last night she was licking herself and she ended up farting into her own nose.  The look on her face was priceless.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#44]
This brings back memories of my Old Lab Jasper.  He could clear a room. It was worse when he got in my truck. We have a mutt now 1/2 Fox Terrier and Jack Russell his claim to fame is SBDs. He fits in with the rest of the family!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#45]
My dog farts occasionally too but its sqeaky little farts.   She does always make sure she comes and
sits next to me to do it.   Then she gets excited and breaths fast/pants while bobbing her head up and
down.

Looks like shes laughing.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:42:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Patty

Word up!  My dogs LOVE Maximum, and it has really increased their energy, their coats look great, etc.  Good price, too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Well I had suspicions that she had some sort of infection in her gut, and I kinda have confirmation of it.  Instead of farting now she has rotten egg burps.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top