Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 6:27:20 PM EDT
Is anyone else watching this?

Basically an unnarrated "reality show" following soldiers in Iraq and listening to the talk. These guys are doing alot of complaining. It seems to me that the soldiers they are talking to basically hate the Iraqi people, don't think that they've accomplished anything and can't wait to get home.

I wonder just how many of the troops feel this way. They try make the point that people are not re-enlisting very often.

Here are a couple of quotes:

"There are 3 types of people over here: Insurgents, women who are going to breed insurgents and children who are going to grow up to be insurgents."

"I can't wait to get out of here and never come back."

"It's a month after the elections and nothing has changed. The people still look at you the same way, nothing has changed."
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
They found some disgruntled grunts.  Big surprise.  The real story is they replay those episodes more than anything else on the channel.  It is NON-STOP, especially during holidays. Everytime I pass by it on the program it seems to be on there.

bd
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.

I wonder what the average US military person in Iraq thinks about the war. I wonder if those quotes are representative of many or just a few.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
the discovery NEW YORK TIMES channel -- what point of view will they favor huh?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

BINGO
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BINGO

exactly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#6]
DUPE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top