Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 5:12:23 PM EDT
Good 2nd Amendment supporter, solid conservative, I like his style.

Do y'all think he has a chance in 2008?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a bad feeling about 2008. In that it won't be a conservative player that wins.

Then again, it's just a feeling. Means nothing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#2]
We can do better than him.  He is just another primadonna senator.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I get the feeling the GOP contender will barely qualify as GOP.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#4]
He strikes me as a religious whackjob neo conservative type. In plainer words, if a man like Frist ever got elected, Id move to Canada.

Now Chuck Hagel (Republican Senator from Nebraska)........ Id vote for him. Thinks religion/abortion/homosexuality is a personal matter, not a government one. Big points in my view. Also has voted 100% conservative on issues like taxes, spending, and gun rights, so more points from me. I get the feeling he's a rational, intelligent, worldly kinda guy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He strikes me as a religious whackjob neo conservative type. In plainer words, if a man like Frist ever got elected, Id move to Canada.

Now Chuck Hagel (Republican Senator from Nebraska)........ Id vote for him. Thinks religion/abortion/homosexuality is a personal matter, not a government one. Big points in my view. Also has voted 100% conservative on issues like taxes, spending, and gun rights, so more points from me. I get the feeling he's a rational, intelligent, worldly kinda guy.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Those issues are already a Gov. matter. Religious free speach/ partial birth abortion etc...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a bad feeling about 2008. In that it won't be a conservative player that wins.

Then again, it's just a feeling. Means nothing.

What, you mean someone like Bush? Cause last time I checked, Bush hasn't done anything according to the traditional conservative manifesto. Conservatives usually lean towards less spending, less government, less incursion on people's rights by the government. Bush has done almost the opposite of every one of these and other diehard conservative principles. Hes expanded the government more than any other President in this nations history, he has yet to veto a spending bill, and he has pursued a great deal of realatively invasive legislature (Patriot Act, bans on Gay marriage, abortion, etc.).

Going by his track record, its hard to argue that President Bush is a Conservative, but rather, and expansionist/radical.

Just a little rant. I hate it when W is labeled a Conservative. Pet peeve.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The Republican Party doesn't recognize "Conservative" anymore...........
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I think he'll be one of the top 2-3 GOP'ers to replace GW.  Newt, Frist and maybe Guiliani will fight it out.

HH

ETA: Condi will be named VP candidate to ensure the GOP wins office again.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think he'll be one of the top 2-3 GOP'ers to replace GW.  Newt, Frist and maybe Guiliani will fight it out.

HH

ETA: Condi will be named VP candidate to ensure the GOP wins office again.

I'll take Frist over Guiliani anyday.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#11]
No.  Even though he represents the state that I live in, he is too weak. A minority senate filibuster was held by democrats with no resistance from the Republican party and it wasn't even a real filibuster.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No.  Even though he represents the state that I live in, he is too weak. A minority senate filibuster was held by democrats with no resistance from the Republican party and it wasn't even a real filibuster.

I agree. He couldn't get a simple ambassador to the UN appointed, even when the opposition said they weren't going to filibuster. Frist isn't strong enough.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. He couldn't get a simple ambassador to the UN appointed, even when the opposition said they weren't going to filibuster. Frist isn't strong enough.

+1

He may be a good man, he may be a good Conservative, he may be a good doctor.
But he's just not strong enough within the party.  Hell, he can't seem to keep is own party in line/pass the agenda in the (Republican majority) Senate.  I don't see people flocking to his banner to vote for him.  I don't think he can win against a Hitlery.

What worries me is that while Hilery has all kinds of name recognition and backing from within the party and the major media (same thing really), there really aren't any Republicans who can say the same.  McCain, but hes a RINO.  Guliani, but he's not all that conservative either.  I would love to see Condi, but I don't know if something like that will really happen.  

-K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top