Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:19:27 PM EDT
I have just inherited a Dodge 2500 Ram and I need to find a decent forum to learn aobut the suspension of the truck. It is going to be used as a tow vehicle for cars on trailers and I need some advice on beefing up the suspension. Later, I would possibly look into changing out the chips for more power. Any advice welcomed,

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:33:40 PM EDT
add some airbags, and change the chip, both are basic modifications. Backup camera would be nice, as would a custom radar detector.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:36:17 PM EDT
upgrade to a Ford Super Duty F350 and you wont need to beef up the dodgey suspension.

j/k one of the funnest trucks i owned was a 2000 Dodge Ram 1/2 ton with 3" lift, 35" tires, dual exhaust, headers, chip, K&N filter, i put in 4.10 gears.... i was 17/18 at the time so the truck got offroaded 3-4 times a week. i feel bad for whoever owns it now... ive seen it for sale 2 times now.

so whats the purpose of all the above info?

whatever i couldnt figure out how to do / fix on that truck... i posted in the forums of www.fritzsrampage.com i dont know how good the site is anymore but give it a shot
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:30:21 PM EDT
IPSC come join us over at
www.RamchargerCentral.com
I am the NY chapter leader we are the equilvent of this place for Dodge trucks & we have hometowns forums just like here
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:16:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/22/2006 3:17:02 AM EDT by Merlin]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:19:09 AM EDT
Pirate people have too much money!

PavementSucks These guys tend to be Dodge guys more than anything, and they'll set you straight.

As a former Dodge owner, if you want to spend money on that thing, the first thing you need to do is put back some $$$ for when, not if, that fucking transmission goes out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:26:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/22/2006 5:26:52 PM EDT by IPSC_GUY]
So the Tranny is "going to" die on me? Hummmmmm thanks for the advice. What goes on these?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:24:41 PM EDT
The problem was in the OD unit it gets marginal fluid capacity stock so when people started towing with them & not shutting the OD off the were burning up. If you look on yhe site i linked to there is info in the weak links section there is also plenty of info on the web if it is in good shape now there have been fixes already discovered .
Top Top