Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 3:27:39 PM EDT
Sweeeeeet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Never even heard of it. Tell me about it.

I am a big fan of regular or pepper vinegar on beans & rice or as the "secret ingredient" in spaghetti sauce or various other things that are just a bit cloying, and of malt vinegar on fish or fries, but have no familiarity w/rice vinegar.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump. Tell me what it is, what it's like, what you do with it, et c. et c. Inquiring minds want to know!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a seasoned kind of sweet rice vinegar.  Used in salad dressings, sushi rice, etc.  I use a splash in a lot of my stir fry.

I make a salad with tai-fun (clear "cellophane" noodles), bean sprouts, julienned carrots, julieened green onion, bean sprouts, and toasted sesame seeds.  The dressing being Marukan Rice Vinegar and Sesame oil.

oops I use Marukan usually but I've used Star.  Marukan is easier to find around here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:08:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy it at Albertsons. Comes in a ball shaped bottle with a slender neck. Great on greens, mildly hot and sweet. Replaces the pepper vinegar I used to use. Yeah and did I say it has a neet ball shaped bottle with a slender neck?

M4-AK
ps look up star vinegar on google for pictures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top