User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#2]
1 billion is not enough.  You could probably make a dent with 10 trillion though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Definately the island, and whichever one was as large as I could afford with half a billion.
I'd adopt the US Constitution, without income tax amendment. Except rephrased in modern terms, and EXPLICITLY STATED that no Bill of Rights Amendment may ever be repealed. And change the second to "The right of the people to own guns will not be violated, infringed, regulated, controlled, taxed, or in any other way limited." Oh, and get rid of the commerce clause since there won't be any states in the first place. In fact, get rid of congress altogether and use direct democracy. Nothing like a government where the people themselves, not a seperate representative body, have equal say in government as a president and court system.

Business would build the needed infrastructure (I'd convince them it's an investment) then the people would pay boatloads to get to the island.

But what would I name it? That's the tricky part.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Counter Soros
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You're going to need a hell of a lot more than $1 billion to unfuck what America has become.

+1,000,000,000

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You're going to need a hell of a lot more than $1 billion to unfuck what America has become.

+1,000,000,000

There's a reason I made it only a billion...just because you can't do it all. You'd have to accept that you're just doing one small part in the battle and you can't contol everything. Just like the olin foundation you'd have to do what good you could and accept that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the island thing would be cool, but only if I can have a mote around it to keep mexicans from migrating to my island.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Screw America Its an Island for me Blow and hookers for everyone
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#10]
A billion dollars is not nearly enough to even begin to fix the problems this country has. Look at New Orleans.. How much money has dissapeared down there? And yet the city is still a wreck, and hurricane season is about 3 months away. I don't think there IS enough money on the planet to fix all the things in this country that need fixed.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Bump why not

Island for me with very strong immigration laws
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#12]
What is America, I don't see it anymore
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Spend almost all of it on spelling lessons for most of the posters here?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#14]
My own island.

I can see it now ... PMS Goddess of all I survey!!! I will be a wise and benevolent ruler...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#15]
An island...Population 100, clothing is optional.

Consensus says; Males = 1, Females = 99.

Male buddies can visit on the weekends.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Island-bound.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#17]
The only things that could fix this country are generations of proper education (which the government has no intention of providing) or a revolution by a gorup of people that don't exist.

Island for me. Starting from scratch would be much easier. In adddition, when my island-nation proves the statists of the world wrong, it would be that much harder to argue against true liberty.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Island, my own Defense Froce, tanks, helos, nice beaches, and big boobed hotties. Oh yeah, the wife locked in the tower of my Castle on the hill.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll take an Island to go chuck. This place is beyond the help a billion could do, even though we are still the best country around that ain't saying to much when you look at the others.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:37:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I would buy Svalbard
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I would buy the island, then use it to clone dinosaurs.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:27:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Island, hookers, blow, guns, sea-monkeys, more hookers, more guns, and beer.

Lots and lots of beer.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:41:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
$1B doesn't do squat to stop GW from pissing away the country.  I'd buy my own island which has a natural border and no ports for the UAE to buy.

The USA was pissed away long before GWB took office
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:21:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Sorry, but one billion ain't gonna do crap for America.

I'll write when I'm settled on my island.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Wisdom is the ultimate weapon of war, use the billion dollars for a American patriot college.

Too many innocent people in jail to run away and forget them, too many gave their lives for freedom for me to cowardly run away.

Fight the good fight, war the good warfare.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:37:48 AM EDT
[#26]
ARF Island, I like the sound of that, All sane ARF.comers welcome. Can you imagine the size of the range we would have.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#27]
In classic ARFCOM fashion:  GET BOTH.

1B for your own island/country, 3B to fix the US.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Hmm, this is an easy one.

ooooh, my own Island Paradise. [Corona commercial background] hmm.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#29]

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

The 56 signatures on the Declaration appear in the positions indicated:

Column 1
Georgia:
  Button Gwinnett
  Lyman Hall
  George Walton

Column 2
North Carolina:
  William Hooper
  Joseph Hewes
  John Penn
South Carolina:
  Edward Rutledge
  Thomas Heyward, Jr.
  Thomas Lynch, Jr.
  Arthur Middleton

Column 3
Massachusetts:
John Hancock
Maryland:
Samuel Chase
William Paca
Thomas Stone
Charles Carroll of Carrollton
Virginia:
George Wythe
Richard Henry Lee
Thomas Jefferson
Benjamin Harrison
Thomas Nelson, Jr.
Francis Lightfoot Lee
Carter Braxton

Column 4
Pennsylvania:
  Robert Morris
  Benjamin Rush
  Benjamin Franklin
  John Morton
  George Clymer
  James Smith
  George Taylor
  James Wilson
  George Ross
Delaware:
  Caesar Rodney
  George Read
  Thomas McKean

Column 5
New York:
  William Floyd
  Philip Livingston
  Francis Lewis
  Lewis Morris
New Jersey:
  Richard Stockton
  John Witherspoon
  Francis Hopkinson
  John Hart
  Abraham Clark

Column 6
New Hampshire:
  Josiah Bartlett
  William Whipple
Massachusetts:
  Samuel Adams
  John Adams
  Robert Treat Paine
  Elbridge Gerry
Rhode Island:
  Stephen Hopkins
  William Ellery
Connecticut:
  Roger Sherman
  Samuel Huntington
  William Williams
  Oliver Wolcott
New Hampshire:
  Matthew Thornton]  

Loyalty to the Colony
British Soldiers in Doolittle's sketch Many of the militia men were veterans of wars against the French and Indians. In those earlier battles, they had fought in the name of the English crown, but their true loyalty may have been toward their own colony. Minute men like Lexington's Ebenezer Locke were third- or fourth-generation Americans, and therefore somewhat removed from their British roots.

Democratic Guerrillas
Seventy-seven members of the Lexington Training Band stood together on April 19, 1775. Most were over thirty years of age, and twenty were veterans of the French and Indian wars, where they learned the guerrilla tactics that would come into play defending their town. Their captain, John Parker, was one of those veterans, a forty-five-year-old farmer and father of seven. Although others were more experienced in military combat and had held higher ranks in earlier wars, Parker was democratically chosen to lead the company, perhaps for his calm demeanor and sound judgment. Theirs was not a strict military unit. Instead, the Training Band was more of a democratic assembly in which the captain freely asked the advice of older veterans, and everyone stood by the captain's decisions once they were made.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Screw it I am getting my own island equipt with security forces so I can sit back with some popcorn and watch the SHTF........ But seriously if I thought it was possible to get America back on track I would put the billion there. But there is no denying a aircraft carrier sounds cool :)

They swam the Rio Grande

They rafted to Miami  

I'd share my thoughts as far as what I'd do, but my tinfoil hat tells me that could be used against me in a court of law... especially since amnesty seems reserved only for those who don't belong.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#31]
1 billion dollars to throw away meaninglessly trying to fix America (not nearly enough...) or my own island that I could buy to help get freedom loving Americans freedoms that are being taken away every day?

Um, duh.

I'd give free admission to the 24hour firing range (indoor/outdoor) and a free AR-15 to those that receive citizenship.

Quoted:
1 billion is not enough.  You could probably make a dent with 10 trillion though.

10 trillion would be enough to make this country like it FUCKING SHOULD BE!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd buy Swaziland.  Best name for a country ever--even if it has the highest level of AIDS infected people on the planet.  IT STILL SOUNDS COOL!

1 Billion isn't going to change SQUAT in the US.  A couple trillion?  Maybe.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#33]
I wonder what percentage of all of the ARFers incomes on here it would take to come up with 1 billion. Think of it as a one time income tax. For a stake in a country made of truly ideal island(s), I would devote %500 of my annual income - which may sound like a lot, but honestly people are spending that much on buying new houses. If it meant building an infastructure from scratch, so be it. A lot of the electrical conveniences are time wasters anyway...though a microwave and freezer are still terribly nice. Just think about it for a moment...with just 10,000 people putting forward $100k a piece would be the amount in question on this post. $1 billion may seem like a lot, but it could be quite doable over time with a large group that would be dedicated. Its a shame that a large group of like-minded folks wouldn't do this...or would they? hock.gif
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Looks like Im shit out of luck.....

There dont seem to be enough islands...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top