Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 7:16:43 PM EDT
I went to this guys house today to install his DirecTV and guns, guns, guns everywhere...!! He had just inherited his brothers collection....! These weren't your average everyday joes... Nice "old" rifles, swords  and handguns...He had about a dozen or so laying out on the table he was cleaning up and told me that he had a few more in the basement. I get down there to run the cables and there is this room that was piled to the ceiling...nice ones! He's gonna start selling them and I directed him to this site's Equipment Exchange.... Told him you all were a bunch of nice folks (for the most part )...just kidding. He's an 30 year vetran on his local Sheriffs Department too so I thought he'd fit in just nicely around here....

Later - Travis

Note - You'd be suprised at the people willing to show off their guns to a total stranger. I had a guy offer to let me shoot his 500 S&W....passed though...didn't want to wear a wrist cast for the next 2 to 3 months....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Note - You'd be suprised at the people willing to show off their guns to a total stranger. I had a guy offer to let me shoot his 500 S&W....passed though...didn't want to wear a wrist cast for the next 2 to 3 months....

I usually let anyone who seems to show an interest in whatever gun I happen to be shooting put a few rounds down range.  I have also helped range patrons sight in their rifles, clear their jams, and even showed one guy how to field strip his pistol to clean it .  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Any Garands or M1 Carbines?? Where at in IL??

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I installed wireless internet for a few guys with some pretty interesting collections.  One guy had a big monster safe, with 19 Barrett 82a1 rifles.  He said that he invested in them, just in case there was ever a ban

Another guy had both a collection of about 6 original sharps rifles, and a couple of original 1890s-ish Colt Single Action Army pistols.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot a dude's .500, it were not too bad.  But you are right, guys like to show off their toys.  I had a ball lettng some local PD shoot my snubbed .44 mag...can't wait to get a Ruger Alaskan to play with....Taurus is supposed to make a 2" .500 I think....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I never meet or help anyone cool
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I showed off my ruger mk II to my heating cooling guy. He told me he usually carries a para ord .45. And that some asshole broke into his house and stole an AR15 with about 2K worth of crap on it. Bastards.

I told him to call me up to go shooting some time.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I had a guy offer to let me shoot his 500 S&W....passed though...didn't want to wear a wrist cast for the next 2 to 3 months....

It's not that bad. Your palm will be sore for a few minutes, but that's all.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had a guy offer to let me shoot his 500 S&W....passed though...didn't want to wear a wrist cast for the next 2 to 3 months....

It's not that bad. Your palm will be sore for a few minutes, but that's all.

Its not even that bad really.  I can shoot mine all day long with no trouble.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You'd be suprised at the people willing to show off their guns to a total stranger.

Showing off your collection at the gun range (and letting bystanders shoot your stuff) is cool, but showing it to a complete stranger inside your own house just ain't too bright! You might as well post a huge PLEASE ROB THIS HOUSE sign out front.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You'd be suprised at the people willing to show off their guns to a total stranger.

Showing off your collection at the gun range (and letting bystanders shoot your stuff) is cool, but showing it to a complete stranger inside your own house just ain't too bright! You might as well post a huge PLEASE ROB THIS HOUSE sign out front.

This guy wanted me to clear out his email box.  Told me he was going on vacation, email had the dates he would be one it in, emails from all kinds of highdollar stuff he got off ebay.  Also had info from his adultfriendfinder account, and alot of other stuff.  Had all his info, someone could have used that info he gave me the password to and cleaned him out good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top