Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:18:12 AM EDT
If he ran for Gov in your state would you vote for him?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not, Wille campaigns for him and he says if he wins, Willie will be head of the Tx rangers!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I plan to do just that. Why the hell not? As long as he is pro 2nd ammendment andhe is, that is all I care about.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nope.

You love Willy, but wouldnt vore for Kinky? Dont you think Willy would support Kinky?

Until I've seen anything concretely insane Kinky has said, he's ok in my book.  The governor of TX is pretty weak anyway.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Well he is 'running' in my state

But to answer:

Hell no. No platform, at least that I can see.  And while I think some of Rick Perry's ideas are dumb (Trans Texas corridor comes to mind) Perry has/does/and will sign progun bills.  So he gets my +1 for reelection.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I plan to do just that. Why the hell not? As long as he is pro 2nd ammendment andhe is, that is all I care about.

+1.  Plus, I hate all the other guys crooks.
I'm not so  much voting for Kinky as I'm voting against the status quo.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why not, Wille campaigns for him and he says if he wins, Willie will be head of the Tx rangers!

Willie has lost it with his Brokeback Cowboy songs. Off the list.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Kinky does not give a rat's ass about anything other than Kinky.   To even THINK this clown is pro-gun shows a serious lack of understanding of the man.  He's further to the left than Hillary.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#11]
He is running in my state and I am NOT voting for him.  

He's not pro-2A.  He's just another novelty candidate.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone stupid enough to vote for Kinky ought to be forced into exile in New York to live with that losers who is now living out his 16th minute of fame.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Who?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#14]
WTF is Kinky?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Gun grabbin' sumbitch can kiss my ass in hell!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
WTF is Kinky?

www.kinkyfriedman.com/
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF is Kinky?

i1.tinypic.com/o7mvqa.gif

www.kinkyfriedman.com/

Thank you, that allowed me to make an educated vote of Hell NO!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#19]
You guys are kidding right?
I once heard that a-hole say that Mother Theresa was nothing more than a shill for the Pope and that Princes Diana’s death was more tragic. F#ck him…
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not sure, I have seen him on tv a few times, but I don't know enough about him to vote for him yet.

I didn't vote in the poll, should have had a not sure option.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#21]
OK, after reading the rest of the posts, I will now vote. NO!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#22]
AR 15 texas hometown disscussion

I thought he was ok too, untill I started looking deeper.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Does two barrels of 00 Buck to get him off my porch count as a vote?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I will be voting for a pro-2a governor.  Kinky is not pro-2a.

If Texas were to vote Kinky in, we'd be suffering from a serious case of headinassitis.  Much like cali voting Ahnold in.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I will be voting for a pro-2a governor.  Kinky is not pro-2a.

If Texas were to vote Kinky in, we'd be suffering from a serious case of headinassitis.  Much like cali voting Ahnold in.

We're safe, Kinky wasn't in Predator.  Now if Carl Weathers runs...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#27]
The thing that people seem to be overlooking is that in Texas, the job of Governor isn't worth a bucket of warm spit.  The Lieutenant Governor is the one with the real influence.  Besides, it's a foregone conclusion that the Republican candidate will win the general election.  Might as well have some fun with the campaign.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The thing that people seem to be overlooking is that in Texas, the job of Governor isn't worth a bucket of warm spit.  The Lieutenant Governor is the one with the real influence.  Besides, it's a foregone conclusion that the Republican candidate will win the general election.  Might as well have some fun with the campaign.

This I know: Perry has been signing CHL reciprocity agreements left and right.  I want a governor who will continue to do the same for gun people.  I'm not sure Kinky would.

ETA: It's also nice to have someone who will sign stuff that we support into law once the lawmakers approve it.  Knock George all you want, he signed the CHL bill.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This I know: Perry has been signing CHL reciprocity agreements left and right.  I want a governor who will continue to do the same for gun people.  I'm not sure Kinky would.

ETA: It's also nice to have someone who will sign stuff that we support into law once the lawmakers approve it.  Knock George all you want, he signed the CHL bill.

That may be the only thing Perry's done that has been dirty.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#30]
What is wrong with some of you people.

Did you think to do any research at all about Kinky before posting this?

And about you Willie Nelson fans.  What rock have you been
hiding under for the past 20 years.  The guy is a gay loving leftist BIG TIME!

I'm serious, do y'all just like his name or something?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#31]
It's not just his name.  His slogans are good too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#32]
maybe////
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#33]
No way I vote for Kinky... just another liberal waering a "moderate costume".  He sucks as a musician,too.   I say "adios mofo"!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm a little put off by the cigar...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm impressed at him handing Clinton a Cuban on camera
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm probably voting for Carol Keaton Strayhorn.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Straight to the point, is he pro-gun or not
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Depends on how you interpret this:

Kinky believes that all law abiding Texans have the right to own and carry guns. Obviously, the State has a legitimate interest in making sure that criminals and mentally ill people do not get guns but other than that, he believes in gun ownership.

From Kinky's Campaign Director, as reported in this thread.  It seems that to a lot of folks around here, that statment makes him a gun grabber.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm so sorry, I misunderstood the question.  

Move along, nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#40]
He said no man needs more than 5 rounds once..............
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF is Kinky?

www.kinkyfriedman.com/

I find it interesting that you have molon labe as part of your avitar.

With Govenor Freedman in charge your evil black rifle is likely to have them grant your wish.

Own up to it, you are really Sarah Brady right?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Maybe, but I'll bet you can't find a better source than somebody saying "I once heard on TV...," and when you find that source, it's pretty clear that he was trying to be funny.

George W. Bush, on the other hand, said to a reporter on the record in all seriousness: "It makes no sense for assault weapons to be around our society."  Documentation here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe, but I'll bet you can't find a better source than somebody saying "I once heard on TV...," and when you find that source, it's pretty clear that he was trying to be funny.

George W. Bush, on the other hand, said to a reporter on the record in all seriousness: "It makes no sense for assault weapons to be around our society."  Documentation here.

NO, Sarah, I heard him.  Good try.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I will NEVER vote for anyone who is anti-gun.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF is Kinky?

www.kinkyfriedman.com/

I find it interesting that you have molon labe as part of your avitar.

The ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE refers to the bottle of Duff in the pic.
A bit of a visual pun.

With Govenor Freedman in charge your evil black rifle is likely to have them grant your wish.

Actually, I'm hoping for the baby blue APC packed with FAMAS wielding surrender monkeys.  That'd be two hoots and a holler.

Own up to it, you are really Sarah Brady right?

Then I'd be SarahTheDelaweinie.  But I'm not; I'm JohnTheTexican.  Apart from having the same middle name, there's no similarity whatsoever.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#46]
DUUUUUUUUUPE!

http://peacecorpsonline.org/messages/messages/2629/2018064.html
Of gun control, he said, "I don't carry a weapon, so anyone who wants to shoot me will have to bring his own gun." He is not sure about abortion, though he proudly claims to have written what he calls the only pro-choice country song, "Rapid City, South Dakota." For the time being, he is prepared to dodge the question, declaring, "I'm not right to life, I'm not pro-choice, I'm pro football."

http://www.ruminator.com/content/040501.html
SM: How do you feel about gun control? You wrote a column a while back about why you don’t hunt, didn’t you?

KF: I’m not anti-hunting, I just don’t hunt. As far as gun control goes, in Texas the conceal-and-carry law is working really well; it’s cut crime and I think George W. did good with that one. I don’t think he did well with the death penalty—I’m not as confident as he is that innocent men haven’t been killed.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0601/06/lol.03.html
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Who were your heroes growing up?

FRIEDMAN: My heroes are teachers, firefighters, cops and cowboys.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You need 45,000 registered voters to sign a petition to get you on the ballot. Can you do it, sir?

FRIEDMAN: I don't know how many supporters I have but they all carry guns.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The Kinky Friedman talking action figure has 25 different saying and comes with an action agenda ...

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PHILLIPS: So how many guns do you own, Kinky?

FRIEDMAN: How many guns do I own? One.

PHILLIPS: Just one?

FRIEDMAN: One shotgun, yes.

PHILLIPS: One shotgun. And the purpose of that is?

FRIEDMAN: That's for protection out on the ranch. Just -- you know, you never know when you're going to need something like that.

PHILLIPS: So I take it I'll know your view on gun control?

FRIEDMAN: Yes. I don't think -- I think the big issues facing Texas are not gun control or gay marriage. They're education, and the border. The fact that our government is a government of the money, by the money and for the money ...

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:08:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:29:01 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

If Don Imus thinks someone is a good choice for elective office, that is usually grounds enough to seek the immediate deportation of said person.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If Don Imus thinks someone is a good choice for elective office, that is usually grounds enough to seek the immediate deportation of said person.

thats a really good point lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top