Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/20/2006 7:38:28 AM EDT
Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. Mrs. BlammO and BlammO Jr. are back home in Texas tending to her dad after he had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago. So here I sit in my underground bunker (I think the Yankees here call it a "basement") trying to meet some deadlines.

So I whooped up a mess of vittles for breakfast and thought it might make a nice ARFCOM first-dinner-of-the-day pic.

Click here for the hi-res version (402 kB)

It's 4 eggs over easy with fresh ground black pepper, orange juice, coffee and what's left of 6 slices of thick cut bacon after snacking while cooking.

Got the AR and the M1911A1 that I'm overhauling (related thread here).

I think I got most of the requirements in except the stapler -- it's sitting on the other desk just outside the frame to the right. Got the napkin, fork, beverage(s), knife, measuring devices, spare ammo, Guns & Ammo on the first shelf. Did I miss anything?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:48:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BlammO:
I think I got most of the requirements in except the stapler -- it's sitting on the other desk just outside the frame to the right. Got the napkin, fork, beverage(s), knife, measuring devices, spare ammo, Guns & Ammo on the first shelf. Did I miss anything?

Grits.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:48:53 AM EDT
You need a stapler.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:49:44 AM EDT
I'm hungry.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:50:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:50:24 AM EDT
Looks good to me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:02:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Burkey:
You need a stapler.

I knew that'd be a problem. It's here on the desk, just behind the scissors. I swear, I had this all cleaned up just a few days ago.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:08:44 AM EDT
Nice lair!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:21:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 8:22:57 AM EDT by FITTER]
Looks pretty good to me.

*You should have had the stapler in the picture, but you did explain yourself, and you added a second pic to confirm that you had one close by.

*You seem to have an empty chamber in the AR, unless you have it cocked with the safety off with a chambered round, which I doubt...

But I give you a 10... you have all the required elements, plus a few bonus items:

Flashlight
Cell Phone
Brass hammer
Starter punch
Bayonet

Guns & Ammo?? I didn't know that was a requirement. I used SGN in my last one.

I was slapped down for not having 550 cord in my last pic. I wonder if that's part of The New Standard, or if it should be considered a bonus item.

ETA: Happy anniversary!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:37:08 AM EDT
Happy anniversary!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:55:42 AM EDT
Thanks all!

Originally Posted By j-fonz:
Nice lair!

It's 480 square feet of soundproof subterranean joy! Mrs. BlammO doesn't understand how I could stay down here for days at a time, surfacing only for food resupply and potty breaks.

And today, I'd like to add one more bonus item to the official mix -- a bullet-riddled body panel from a car or truck (in this case, a passenger door from a Ford Ranger):

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:42:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By lordtrader:
Where's the food?!?!?! You eat guns and parts for breakfast

You don't??? No wonder you can't keep up with the wimminz -- you don't have enough iron in your diet!
Top Top