Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 6:40:38 AM EDT
I tried bump  firing with my AR and didn’t get much success.  I didn’t really pursue it after the initial try.
But then I was shooting my buddies MAK-90 and I realized the stiffer recoil might do the trick.  I asked him if he'd mind and he didn’t.  By the third try I was ripping off full mags.  It was frickin’ awesome!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, bumping the AK is easy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

223 is a little light and I can see 308 being a little much.  The AK is for Goldilocks, man...it's JUST RIGHT!

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

223 is a little light and I can see 308 being a little much.  The AK is for Goldilocks, man...it's JUST RIGHT!

I saw a video of someone bumping a Garand though.  Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:00:58 AM EDT
[#4]
With the price of  7.62X39 these days are you sure you want to be waisting it like that
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw a video of someone bumping a Garand though.  Pretty cool.

I think I might have seen the same one.  Some guy wearing shorts out in the desert?  Kind of like a bumpfire tutorial?
Now that I've done 7.62X39mm I can only imagine what it must be like out of a Garand.  I mean, sure...it's a little heavier but DAMN!!!  You would need a good firm hold with your weak hand.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
With the price of  7.62X39 these days are you sure you want to be waisting it like that

Damn, I thought you were joking.  It's been awhile since I bought some.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well, for one it was awesome entertainment for me and the others so speaking for myself I don’t consider it a waste.
And it really wasn't that much money.  It's definitely not going to bite into my entertainment/discretionary spending budget.

Now the machinegun shoot I'm going to in a few months might bite into my discretionary spending budget a little ...but that won't be a waste either .

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:08:37 AM EDT
[#8]
bump fire...wow
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:51:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
bump fire...wow

I’m not sure what this means but probably either bumpfire is unimpressive or bumpfire is lame/dangerous/stupid.  Maybe all of that.

Regardless, it was my first time doing it successfully and it was really fun.  It seems like you came into the thread trying to be a jerk but I don’t know why.  On the bright side; you succeeded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top